• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Problem With Thread Following

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
Also Known As: Too Slow, Can't Keep it Up?

No, but really. I've noticed this yesterday. I am having a recurring issue on the wiki where I am unable to follow threads without manually clicking on the "Follow" button, even after I comment on it. Whereas before I would just automatically follow every new thread I commented in.

Is anyone having this same issue or is it just me?

I am having the same issue as well.

Lol I commented here but I am still not following this thread.

Gotta click the follow button now.

EDIT: After my second comment, apparently now I am following this thread. Well done glitchu wikia ovo.

Interesting... when I commented here earlier It said that I was now following the thread, but then when I opened it in a new tab, I found that I was not.... this wiki lied to me!!!

@Andy it's been doing so since the problem came up, when you leave comment it tells you that you're following the page, but if you refresh you can notice that it was lying.

Yeah this glitchu wikia is lying to all of us.

Even when i follow on threads by clicking it manually or commenting, i still don't get notifications

I'm basically forced to refresh for newer threads.

Yeah, I also get an issue where notifications delete themselves upon being opened, when I didn't click "Mark all as viewed", resulting in me dropping a bunch of threads unintentionally. This on top of the unreliable following.

I just had this problem when I saw a thread that I commented on not giving me a notification.

Edit - Happening on this very thread as I type

I don't think so.

Let's see if I get proven wrong as I chekkily leave a message here

.... Nope, thread is now followed

@Wokistan

The way around this problem is to open all of the threads that you did receive notifications about in separate tabs, and then quickly click "mark all as read". At least some of the hidden threads will then show up. Then repeat the process until the notifications are gone.

Alright, thanks. Not sure how well that'll work on my phone, but at least I can get around that issue if I have access to my computer.

..... That's wierd.

It said followed when I sent the message, but it now doesn't, and I didn't get notifications for anything sent past that message.

Back