• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pre-Crisis Superman vs Jiren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloodlust dosn't mean they do whatever users say their gonna do. It means their more willing to use hax. Can supes attack while phasing and can he do it before being looked at the wrong way by Jiren?

What is with this spacebattles level competency being argued for Supes? I'd like him to win too but when its one option which he doesn't even know to use vs doing anything, the guy who only has to do something is clearly going to win more times than not. Voting Jiren.

What about the second? Because being able to become intangible means jack all when you get looked at to death before you can use it.

No he can't hit intangibles

The real cal howard said:
When are we gonna realize that Hit's selective intangibility for his attacks aren't intangible when they make contact with an organic and are only intangible when passing through non-living objects?

Able to block intangible attacks (Deflected Hit's intangible ki blast that had phased through other objects)

The profile seems to disagree.

Calaca Vs said:
Hit's attack phased THROUGH Goku's chest tho. That's how he killed him.
How does an ingtangible attack causes Goku's entire chest to concave into itself Its obviously selective intagability otherwise it would pass right trough goku without doing any damage

Speed equal doesn't make an ability that has to be activated as fast as one that is based on thought,eye contact, or instantaneous

I.e in speed equal two characters who activate hax with a thought activate at the same time

Two characters that hax with a wave of their hand activate at the same time

A character with a thought based ability and a character that had to wave their hand will result in the thought based one shooting first 100% of the time even in speed equal

If we are discussing speed, Warren himself already said it would take Jiren at least a moment to find Superman because, Central Park. I think he felt it was more likely he just Ki senses and destroys with ki blast, which isn't as fast as instantly staring.

Hence some people going Inconclusive.

Xalatath said:
Calaca Vs said:
Hit's attack phased THROUGH Goku's chest tho. That's how he killed him.
How does an ingtangible attack causes Goku's entire chest to concave into itself Its obviously selective intagability otherwise it would pass right trough goku without doing any damage
It obviously wasn't his entire chest considering Goku's Gi wasn't even torn from it. The punch literally went inside of Goku and crumpled his chest internally.

I'm voting for PC Superman for these reasons.

1. Superman's Time Travel. There are moments when Superman does need speed to pick up Time Travel, but the majority of the time Superman has shown it was not necessary and can leap through time without needing to gain any speed at all. A bloodlust Superman out of all his haxes he used the most was Time Travel. He will immediately go for this.

2. Besides the countless amount of haxes Superman has. The most used one throughout the comics was making powers up for the sake of the story and the sake of defeating his enemies. I doubt the fight will get to him having to make up a power to defeat Jiren, but if it drags out that long. Superman is going to make up ability in milliseconds.

3. Can Jiren breathe in space? Pre-Crisis Superman is known for power launching or dragging enemies into space. The fact that @Pistashio TV didn't state location making this fight SBA aka on Earth. Superman bloodlusted will go for it too.

1. I don't think time travel is going to help him here as Dragon said. Superman would have to travel back in time AND find Jiren.

2. This is unusuable. What hax would Superman develop to counter Jiren? We don't know because he hasn't done so. We can't let him just make up new abilities as it is literally unpredictable.

3. Manga Jiren can fly from planet to planet (pretty sure solar system to solar system as well) and nothing contradicts this feat so I think it can be used with the anime version as well.

PC@DragonEmperor23

I'm pretty sure SBA keeps all the universe in balance. If that was the case so many other characters with TT moves would have their wins and loses removed because of such circumstances.

@AnonymousBlank

You be amazed by the quickness PC Superman has done with making a power to fix his problems.

@CryoTheMayo

1. PC Superman never forgets anatomy especially someones heartbeat. Finding Jiren will be easy in the case especially PC Superman is known for searching wide areas with such ease. Bloodliust makes it beyond easier.

You have cases where his Supervision can extend into the Solar System and beyond. You have cases where his Telescopic Vision can see between 3 planets at onces. You have cases where his vision can see even billions of light years out. There are so many cases of PC Superman using his vision and hearing to view and hear beyond normal means in comics. So, finding Jiren at a young age will be super easy for him.

2. Like I said I doubt it will come to this circumstances. However, for the sake of this battle with the fact that Superman is most likely to use from his mulitude of hax than create a new one. I'll cross out my option 2.

3. Thank you for the update on Jiren with the space issue.

Can you give examples of characters using time travel to get to places from Earth that are not normally able to be physically traveled to from Earth in matches and that being accepted?

Time Travel in DB creates alternate timelines, IIRC. Supes going back and killing Jiren as a kid or something, wouldn't do anything to the Jiren Supes was fighting in the present. It would just make a timeline where Jiren never made it to adulthood.

I'm referring to Jiren being from a completely different universe to the Earths in Universe 7 and 6. Superman rewinding time would just leave him unable to even find Jiren (presuming he would be back in his own universe prior to their battle).

Superman COULD hypothetically rewind to the start of the fight which could give him enough chances to adapt to Jiren and find a way to safely hypnotise him but this would be very dangerous. Jiren could kill him at any moment with his AP advantage.

I would also like to point to Vados stating Jiren 'transcends' time. This comes off as hyperbole but he very clearly can bypass intangibility and is capable of countering Hit despite being frozen in time...effectively giving him some form of time resistance or time immunity.

I think there's a few things that need to be addressed

Superman's BFR came from colliding with Superboy sending both of them back in time It's not something useful in combat

He can travel through dimensions It's not useful either

He can phase through time That's the best he can do to avoid Jiren's attacks. Because Jiren can hit intangibles

Also he only mindhaxed a few humans and weak ass aliens [1]

[2]

We have rules that suggest having a hax is not enough to grant a victory unless it has been proved to be effective against equal or superior opponents. Heck there is not a single instance where Superman used his mindhax against someone comparable to his strength

Now people are so desperate they are suggesting Superman will travel back in time and kill Jiren when he was a little kid. I'm lost for words lol

"People are so desperate" you were OH so close to make that a nice comment and you had to end it in that note.

Word of advice, don't do or say that again. If you have arguments that are sound to refute what someone says, go right ahead. Implying on someone having to bend logic backwards so Superman can win when he's calmly explaining and even providing evidence does not warrant that kind of comment.

Threads with certain characters like Superman really don't warrant that kind of comment, is asking for a derail you do not want in most cases.

That said, it feels a bit too silly that younger Jiren is protected under the umbrella of "not on Earth, on another universe" because of the circumstances, but I can't think of a sensible alternative.

People would use the dimensional argument but even then I think the idea is severely flawed for several reasons, one of them being that the series themselves might not delve that deep into that kind of territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back