• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This popped up on Twitter a while back and it made me curious.
What Power system do you think is the best? What do I mean by power systems? The thing in the verse that more or less functions as the basis for the verse's powers and abilities.

Your Chakra, Ki, Nen, Mana/Magic, Haki. Those things. Which is your favorite? Which do you think is the best over the others? And if you had to have one, which would you take?

Last edited:
The Twitter post I saw was someone talking about how Nen was the best power system in all of fiction because it could let you do basically anything if you trained with it enough.

Magic, Nen, Chakra, Haki, Ki

Basically ranked these on versatility and potential. Magic can do anything, Nen is extremely customizable, Chakra is pretty broad from elemental stuff to cooler crap like sealing, Haki gives you that (I'm a badass so I don't need to try) wow factor when you use it, we all grew up with Ki I'm over the hype.

Basically ranked these on versatility and potential. Magic can do anything, Nen is extremely customizable, Chakra is pretty broad from elemental stuff to cooler crap like sealing, Haki gives you that (I'm a badass so I don't need to try) wow factor when you use it, we all grew up with Ki I'm over the hype.
Ki gives you flight, telekinesis, paralysis, air manipulation (Kiai), EE/Void manipulation/Soul erasure (god ki) and other shit. I don't see how it's less versatile and has less potential than Nen. That's not even mentioning DBH Dark Ki/God Ki

Ki gives you flight, telekinesis, paralysis, air manipulation (Kiai), EE/Void manipulation/Soul erasure (god ki) and other shit. I don't see how it's less versatile and has less potential than Nen. That's not even mentioning DBH Dark Ki/God Ki
But that's mostly combat-focused, I want to have some fun. I'm not going to be erasing people from existence in life, just killing them is fine.

The best power system is any type of Isekai where you literally move one step and you unlocked the title of "one stepper" so you gain a 5% buff of your steps, that means that the more you do something, the better you become and you get fancy titles along the way, so you can spend 5000 years punching and you will be level 999.999 with the title of "Punching God Master of Destruction" with a 1 trillion increase of all your punches

So yeah, any type of Isekai that works that way

Last edited:
The Twitter post I saw was someone talking about how Nen was the best power system in all of fiction because it could let you do basically anything if you trained with it enough.
That's cap wtf... It basically had a good concept and good explanation of it which is why people like it alot and the way you needed to awaken it

After getting into Honkai Impact 3rd, I'm kinda keen on Houkai energy. It basically makes you a smurf from what I've seen. You get 11D hax and resistances.

Mana/Prana/Magic probably has the widest application based on the verse. It might be super restricted in one verse with lots of rules and drawbacks, and in another, it's fast and loose and you can do almost anything with enough of it.

Chakra is basically mana is the sense that it has wide application, but leans to the slightly more restricted side

Ki always used to be the most 'meh' out of the lot until stuff like God Ki/Hakai Energy came about, but I guess it's just been around so long now that it's meeeh

Haki is just really cool. It's so simple, it doesn't do anything too crazy, but it's so hype.

I have never watched/read Hunter x Hunter, so I know nothing about Nen

I like Mantra from Asura's Wrath. You're just more powerful and can do more things the more Mantra you have, but it's never shown anything amazing outside of Wrath Manta and I guess the Mantra Chakravartin uses.

The best power system is any type of Isekai where you literally move one step and you unlocked the title of "one stepper" so you gain a 5% buff of your steps, that means that the more you do something, the better you become and you get fancy titles along the way, so you can spend 5000 years punching and you will be level 999.999 with the title of "Punching God Master of Destruction" with a 1 trillion increase of all your punches

So yeah, any type of Isekai that works that way
Ah yes. The best Power System. GRINDING.

I respect Conquerors Haki and Observation Haki
ok 🤔
(Screw the other types.)
Armament haki is the only thing left 🐵
but Nen and Magic can be so personalized to fit your personality and style.
thats true... (Which is why I said + devil fruit) tho haki is driven by a persons Willpower/ambition/fighting spirit so its still unique to everyone plus some are better or worse in different types of haki. Good observation haki with beginner armament haki for example, there are also many ways to use haki that possibly hasn't been shown that we don't know about yet but 🙈
Actually the haki page explains very good

Last edited:
Haki is just really cool. It's so simple, it doesn't do anything too crazy, but it's so hype.
Big cap... I've seen people that are very knowledgeable and invested in One Piece not understand Haki
Ki always used to be the most 'meh' out of the lot until stuff like God Ki/Hakai Energy came about, but I guess it's just been around so long now that it's meeeh
Understandable
I like Mantra from Asura's Wrath. You're just more powerful and can do more things the more Mantra you have, but it's never shown anything amazing outside of Wrath Manta and I guess the Mantra Chakravartin uses.
0280-004.png
🙈

First ALOT of them think ryuo haki is the one that attacks opponents insides (dura neg technique), second they believe the black hardening is invisible, third they never know about Haki blocking devil fruit abilities, fourth they don't understand how observation haki works.... Plus alot more (Zoro's breath of all things and more)

I swear out of any power system, one piece is the most complex and unknown to people

First ALOT of them think ryuo haki is the one that attacks opponents insides (dura neg technique), second they believe the black hardening is invisible, third they never know about Haki blocking devil fruit abilities, fourth they don't understand how observation haki works.... Plus alot more (Zoro's breath of all things and more)

I swear out of any power system, one piece is the most complex and unknown to people
Always seemed pretty straight forward to me. Then again, I guess I'm not SUPER invested in OP despite being caught up to it.

I'm a big fan of hard magic systems so for me Alchemy from Fullmetal Alchemist is my favorite of all time
1cKW5WpWcEb2ji1c61CLZvQ.jpg

and Spin from jojo
maxresdefault.jpg

What I like about both of these magic systems is that they take real world things like Alchemy and the Magnus effect/Golden ratio and use it to make a magic system it feels more like a science then magic though in the case of the spin it's more of a soft magic system that does whatever Araki wants it to but I still love the concept of it

The one thing I like about Alchemy the most is that it's something that all ways follows its own rules it does not matter how anger Ed gets his Alchemy wont become more powerful because of that and he's limited by what's around him for transmutation and his understanding of Alchemy/chemistry there is no power ups outside of using philosopher's stone or Ed using his own life force like a stone to amp his Alchemy

Last edited:
Would Nanites from Generator Rex count as a power system? Cuz as long as you can control them, Nanites would be pretty cool

Back