• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Power Stars are not like real stars

Hello. I'd like to bring up Firestorm808's 2017 proposed changes to the Mario article again, as I feel they are still relevant: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Talk:Mario

Image of talk page post in question: https://i.imgur.com/0HVHlcM.png

Basically, just as an RC race car is not as fast or powerful as a real race car, Power Stars are not as powerful as real stars. They are just shaped like them (sort of). Unfortunately, I can't give an actual joule measurement or whatever, but I believe that Mario's performed enough feats for us to measure his stats without such.

Plus, some things shouldn't be taken literally. For example, the Bye Bye Cannon most likely teleports Mario from one side of the terrain to the other, rather than making them go around the entire planet. (Mario's planet is probably smaller than Earth anyway; I can provide evidence of such if needed.)

Hm. Well, I think the "don't take things literally" point still stands with Galaxies. "Galaxies" in the Mario series aren't like real galaxies, made of countless stars and planets; they're more like solar systems, made of a handful of planets. Even then, those planets are pretty dang small and close; in the Good Egg Galaxy, the lights of the Mushroom Kingdom's Star Festival are still visible below. Thus, I believe they should be treated as miniature solar systems, with their distances being something between a planet and a solar system.

You never explore the entire galaxy in any of the levels in the Mario Galaxy games, the levels only represent small parts of the galaxy since there's no reason to explore the whole thing and in several cases we see legitimate spiral galaxies (The world 5 background in SMG2 is a large cluster of countless full sized galaxies that the game never makes you actually explore).

Hm... Well, I don't think Mario can collect Starbits while traveling to another galaxy; that never actually happens in-game as far as I'm aware. The in-level launch stars are clearly slower than the level-entry launch star, and those in-level ones are the ones where Mario collects Starbits. And even though Mario can collect starbits from the in-level part of the level-entry launch star's launch, Mario's probably slowed down when approaching the level.

And besides, we don't really know how Mario collects starbits in-universe; does it actually require physical movement, or is it a mental power? Plus, Luma could be improving Mario's natural starbit collection power.

Plus, some things shouldn't be taken literally. For example, the Bye Bye Cannon most likely teleports Mario from one side of the terrain to the other, rather than making them go around the entire planet. (Mario's planet is probably smaller than Earth anyway; I can provide evidence of such if needed.)
I'd like to see this

Okey dokey... Basically, on the /r/Marioverse discord, we noticed how you can see the Cascade Kingdom from the Cap Kingdom. By setting the distance between the two in the in-game direction which you're facing there (541.927 miles if Mario's planet is assumed to be the size of Earth, and the direction is almost exactly north-east) to an equivalent real-world distance between two islands which are visible from one another (14.2915 miles), I figured out that Mario's planet should be about 14.2915/541.927 = 2.64% the radius of Earth.
Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 6.10.09 PM

Back