• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential Master Roshi Buff

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Revival of Frieza Arc, Master Roshi was taking on Frieza soldiers, shouldn't that put him at "Likely Small Planet Level" for AP and Durability and "Likely Relativistic" since most Frieza soliders are above that of Raditz?

All of Freeza's basic soliders were shown to have a PL of roughly 1000 based on statements from Zarbon and Dodoria. Muten Roshi's last documented PL was 139. In my opinion this is just one of the many power scaling inconsistencies and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Considering that he is going to be taking part in a tournament with all the most powerful warriors in every universe, if he doesn't get knocked out immediately we can tell that Master Roshi has been hitting the gym.

Considering that Master Roshi was taking on Frieza soildiers, he could actually recieve this buff.

Like Jacob said there may be a chance that Roshi actually will have a power boost due to him being in the tournament. That being said I also wouldn't be surprised if he gets totally throttled as a gag.

If I remember correctly he was only scanned at the beginning of the series, and it wasn't even him at max power. So I wouldn't be surprised if after all this time Roshi has done at least some training to put him at the level of a few of Frieza's weakest soldiers.

Again though, it would probably make sense to wait and see what Roshi can do(or possibly fails to do) at the tournament.

Yeah, his power level was 139 while relaxed and in base form

Piccolo Moon bust was made with a PL of 329 IIRC

So pretty sure that current Roshi is close if not above that

They are not linear

Yet, if he is close, in base, relaxed and defeated Frieza soldiers

Pretty sure he deserves something

I think we should wait until we see him actually do something in the tournament. If he isnt knocked out like that we should accept this. If its treated like a gag then we shouldnt.

And?

I'm saying that Roshi pretty sure supassed Piccolo's 329 Moon Bust

As for Super, I don't see ilogical for him to be capable of defeating Frieza's soldiers

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
I think we should wait until we see him actually do something in the tournament. If he isnt knocked out like that we should accept this. If its treated like a gag then we shouldnt.
Why?

He already battled against Frieza Soldiers in RoF

Wait for the Tournament is just wait for outliers

I mean, Krillin is there.

What is this nonsense of everything Roshi doing is outlier? Why is Trunks 3-A then? That's far more outlierish than Roshi beating Frieza soldiers. Super Trunks should be 4-B going by Roshi outlier logic

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
IIRC did Roshi train or not train before he fought those soldiers? If he didnt then wouldnt that make him fighting them even more inconsistent?
He trained krillin in one arc

Not remember which was

Joseph619 said:
What is this nonsense of everything Roshi doing is outlier? Why is Trunks 3-A then? That's far more outlierish than Roshi beating Frieza soldiers. Super Trunks should be 4-B going by Roshi outlier logic
The difference is that Super Saiyan Rage is a new form for Trunks. Roshi meanwhile never trains and thus never gets stronger.

I believe that he did train since he even asked Gohan has he keeped up with his martial arts training. Why would he asked Gohan that question if he didn't train himself that wouldn't make any sense and Tien says he didn't bring Chioutzu or Yamcha because the soldiers where to strong for them but when Krillin Showed up with Roshi he said nothing. in the fight with the Frieza's army Roshi was shown to be the most tired of the group even getting hit by some of them so its not like he's equal to the other Z fighters just comparable but I agree on waiting and seeing what happens in the tournament. If he is shown to fight people that stand up to the other Z fighters then he should get upgraded minus Goku and Vegeta of course because that would be a massive outlier.

LordGriffin1000 said:
I believe that he did train since he even asked Gohan has he keeped up with his martial arts training. Why would he asked Gohan that question if he didn't train himself that wouldn't make any sense and Tien says he didn't bring Chioutzu or Yamcha because the soldiers where to strong for them but when Krillin Showed up with Roshi he said nothing. in the fight with the Frieza's army Roshi was shown to be the most tired of the group even getting hit by some of them so its not like he's equal to the other Z fighters just comparable but I agree on waiting and seeing what happens in the tournament. If he is shown to fight people that stand up to the other Z fighters then he should get upgraded minus Goku and Vegeta of course because that would be a massive outlier.
Inb4 Roshi bodies Hit

Well, I agree about that we will have to see what happens in the new tournament.

Am I the only one who thinks Roshi was ALWAYS this strong. I mean, he cannot die by natural causes so who knows what kind of training he has done.

Also, there seems to be a lot of secrets Roshi has been hiding from any student he has had. I am saying this beause of the episode spoilers. He's going to send them to a forest where Cell, Buu, and Frieza would be. So...... who knows? Has Roshi been using this place? Even in the NEP- Goku talks about Master Roshi like he is the strongest person on earth. Is it just respect? or...

Antvasima said:
Well, I agree about that we will have to see what happens in the new tournament.
But why?

His power level was 139 while completely relaxed

And he alredy defeated Frieza's soldier with some ease. We already gave that to Jaco, I don't see why Roshi wouldn't

I personally do not mind a new key for Master Roshi, to signify that he has powered up somehow, but I am not a Dragon Ball expert.

It's ok Ant

I'm just saying that, while I 100% agree with considering his Moon Bust in DB an outlier, given his PL and his new showings, I don't why Roshi can't be Low 5-B

I'm fine with adding a new key for Super where he's Low 5-B

I may let pass this one, since we are using power levels and a probable off-screen training that lead to him fighting Frieza soldiers.

I'd try to get Kav, maybe. Last time this was tried, there was scolding for even allowing it to get as far as it did. Even I was for it last time though.

You can message him if you wish, but he is generally busy, and I personally do not think that it seems like such a big deal.

Although I do agree that Roshi could be at this level, I also understand why some would disagree. Even though it's a 10+ year gap between the beginning of Z and RoF it still seems like a fairly large gap for him to jump to. Especially considering he's hardly, if at all, shown to be training in Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back