• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential Master Roshi Buff

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always had a problem with this.

In Bleach almost no one showed signs of training but had much better feats after the time-skip. We go by the logic of "Since time has passed its reasonable to assume they trained". Never understood why the same didnt apply here.

RadicalMrR said:
I always had a problem with this.
In Bleach almost no one showed signs of training but had much better feats after the time-skip. We go by the logic of "Since time has passed its reasonable to assume they trained". Never understood why the same didnt apply here.
Because Roshi specifically never trains?

This goes back to what I said 90% of the Bleach cast had no signs or even hints of training yet all got upgraded.

I'm pretty sure Roshi specifically never trains, he just sits around while everyone else does the training.

Regardless, I'd prefer to wait for the Universe Survival Saga to see where it takes Roshi and characters like Krillin, 17 and 18.

Master Roshi trained Krillin in the Android saga. Also, it's important to note that Tien mentioned that Chiaotzu and Yamcha would be no match for the Frieza soldiers and seemed to be fine with Master Roshi tagging along.

We have likely Small Planet level Yajirobe, so no problems for Roshi especially if he is chosen for the tournament, lastly even if it is non-canon Base Roshi did this.

The Everlasting said:
I'm pretty sure Roshi specifically never trains, he just sits around while everyone else does the training.
"Pretty sure" yet not 100% canon confirmed

Also, for some reason Krillin goes to Roshi's house for training (Apart to likely live there :/)

Also, we don't his boost with "Max Power", so going from 139 to ~1500 wouldn't be any weird thing

When was it stated Krillin was training with MR on his island in the Andriod Saga? Wasnt Krillin just using his island as a training ground for himself?

Im pretty sure if Master Roshi trained with him they would have brought him along to replace Yamcha or cover for Chiaotzu.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Im pretty sure if Master Roshi trained with him they would have brought him along to replace Yamcha or cover for Chiaotzu.
They did, thats why people want to upgrade him.

To be fair that isnt really a fair comparison.

For Bleach, lets say for example you and I are talking about the Soul Society. The Soul Reapers in the Soul Society would have to keep training in order to, well, not be dropped from the Gotei 13. Especially the captains whom I highly doubt would continue to be where they are if they got rusty. Byakuya himself even said he would have gotten rusty if all he ever did was watch Renji do all the work. Not only that but they would need to keep training to either continue vanquishing hollows, defend against intruders, try and go up a rank in the court-guard, etc. So naturally, its very logicial to say they would continue training.

Master Roshi on the other hand isnt in the same boat. He has never had a reason to continue training in Z when the other Z-fighters usually take care of whatever threat comes their way (unless he's specifically asked to join them like in RoF). And with all the peace the earth has had most of the time thats even more of a reason for him to not need to train. Adding in the fact that he doesnt neccesarily have the intention to train as all he wishes to do is do other stuff as well as him having no point in training due to the massive gaps between him and foes like Frieza, the androids, etc,, making any kind of training he could do worthless to the foes the Z-fighters tangle with.

Basically to sum it up, Bleach characters such as SR's are required to train while Master Roshi is not.

Aizen sat in a chair for 2 years and got thousands of times stronger. Urahara has no reason to train, Kurotsuchi has no reason to train and flat out implies he doesnt. There are more examples of this if you'd like.

And with all the peace the earth has had most of the time thats even more of a reason for him to not need to train.

I cant count how many time the earth has been in peril ever since Goku arrived.

training due to the massive gaps between him and foes like Frieza, the androids, etc,, .

The Z fighter jumped from High 6-C to Low 5-B in less than a year, Roshi had 20+ years to do the same. Yes there are huge power gaps between him and Frieza but not him and Frieza soldiers.

making any kind of training he could do worthless to the foes the Z-fighters tangle with

The Z fighters can only deal with Low 5-Bs.

IIRC, Aizen got stronger because of him having reactive evolution or something like that but I could be wrong. Kurotsuchi is a captain so yes he does have a reason to train otherwise he'd be dropped from the Gotei 13's Captain class. You may have a point on Urahara though. And to be more clear I was talking about all Soul Reapers from the Soul Society in general, not specific cases like these.

Like what? The Earth has been attacked canonically only like 3-4 times. The saiyans, Frieza, the Andriods/Cell, Buu. Beerus wouldnt count for obvious reasonings. Also do not forget just because the Earth has been attacked multiple times doesnt make it threatend alot. A year passed before the saiyans arrived to attack, months passed before Frieza came, 2-3 years before the Andriods and Cell popped up and a literal 7 years before Buu showed up. That's alot of peaceful free time inbetween.

I never said anything about his Soliders but Frieza's men shouldnt justify the need for training. Roshi was specifically asked to come fight against them the moment they arriced and their arrival was unexpected anyway. It's not like anyone knew Frieza was ever coming back so what reason would Roshi have to train at all?

So tangling with Frieza, the Andriods and so on that Roshi could never compare to means Low 5-B?

@ I will just say that your peacetime argument really doesn't support much. Roshi may be old but he is still a martial artist. It's simply an art. While he seems like he relaxes most of the time, We do not know everything he does. One does not need to be shown training to get more powerful. Fiction as a whole shows this. And even then there is such a thing as off screen training. I mean other humans like him trained for a year and became planet level. So their is no reason for him not to be able to. Not everything Roshi does is an outlier because we don't see him train. The fact of the matter is Roshi has not only fought Frieza Soldiers and has Blown up the Moon. He is also chosen as a fighter for the Omniversal Tournament over the likes of Yamcha, Chaotzu(Is that how you spell his name?). Goten, Trunks and Yajirobe.

As Dragon said, Roshi was picked over the likes of Yamcha and the others. Of course, he definitely isn't superior to Gotena nd Trunks, just more experienced. However, to place him above Yamcha when he will have now taken part in two battles that Yamcha had to stay behind for should place him near his level.

Also Krillin might get upgraded in the next 2 episodes lel

Sparky "Dante" Marky1234 said:
As Dragon said, Roshi was picked over the likes of Yamcha and the others. Of course, he definitely isn't superior to Gotena nd Trunks, just more experienced. However, to place him above Yamcha when he will have now taken part in two battles that Yamcha had to stay behind for should place him near his level. Multi-Galaxy level Krillin LOL(joke)

Also Krillin might get upgraded in the next 2 episodes lel

Let's not discuss this now. There is also the fact that he clearly has something boosting his power...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back