• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possibly this wikis longest CRT (Gravity Falls)

i think risci was the only one to give an argument but essentially all the abilities i put there (minus a few i won't add) are from bill or from monsters in gravity falls which scales to bill (this is how he got his technopathy)

AP wise, we came to an agreement on the other thread

His argument was that the backwards scaling doesn't work like this and that he doesn't just get abilities from the monsters despite him creating them, if this is the case then technopathy should be removed

i would like to know your stance on this

he only thing left to discuss is if thepowers are legitamite

so elizhaa, since you are knowledgeable could you go over them and see if my reasoning makes sense, if any are redundant or just wrong then say and i wont add them

The changes that I accepted earlier can probably be applied, yes.

well, i remember her keeping up with dipper in the summerween episode and i believe that she has other feats in other episodes so yes, she has feats

Moving back and forth through time via speed alone counts as immeasurable speed.

Anyway, is somebody experienced willing to apply the accepted changes?

Transcending time would in fact mean the same thing. When considering the speed equation, time is irrelevant in both cases:

speed equation is: D/T=S

infinite speed: Infinity/Finite Time=Infinite speed

inaccesible speed: Finite Distance/0 Time=Inaccesible speed

Immeasurable: Whether you transcend or move through time, it's irrelevant to the speed equation in both cases because in both cases it cannot be measured. If you're not bound by time, as-in you transcend it, you could logically move through it via your speed alone. That's like saying a being that transcends the 3rd dimension can't move in the 3rd dimension.

At least the tiers have statements that imply them. The speed doesn't at all. And he destroyed time across all of the universe and everyone was moving just fine.

Like said above, multiple times, you can't aply theorical logic over what is actually shown. Statements over shown feats is already iffy since the Bill you guys want a profile for has nothing to do with the Bill shown in the series as is.

And for tye powers, again, you cannot and will not assume he has everything every gravity falls being ever has. He blatantly doesn't have some, so yyou need to prove which he has.

I agree with Ricsi about the speed.

When did Bill destroy time? Because Time Baby wasn't the embodiment of time or anything, he just controlled it and when Bill killed him that control fell to him. There in fact is a statement that implies he's above time. It's on his profile. He says humans are forced to "live under that oppressive tyranny of time." Implyimg that he does not. Bill also says he has complete control over time itself. Finally, even if you want to argue it's not immeasurable, it's at least infinite. To be a threat to even an entire infinite universe not to mention an infinite multiverse, you need to have infinite speed. Basically I'm saying it shouldn't be unknown because immeasurable has two statements implying it and infinite has one statement flat out saying it.

He plain says that he removes said tyranny.

And again, he never once showed that speed and showed anti-feats.

And I frankly don't care about the cries of "outlier", because there is nothing that is contradicted, only that Bill should be above time. The fact that him gaining control over him changing nothing about his speed seems to be ignored.

Bill should be immeasurable? 2-A? Known everything that has and will ever happen? Be High 3-A in the same form where he couldn't even interact with reality? Have every power of every supernatural being in Gravity Falls despite blatantly not showcasing nearly any at all? Have control over the goddamn plot because reddit answers?

At this point, what is and isn't being allowed for the profile is completely arbitrary. Bill cannot have a proper rating the same way Suggverse characters cannot. Gravity Falls has a better plot, but it doesn't have anything resembling reasonable tiering.

There is no logical or correct answer to be had here, so I just don't care what you rate him, or what powers you allow to get through.

@Ricsi

What would you suggest then? A variable tiering again?

Ah.

I suppose? I mean, the idea of putting the lower and higher interpretation was what I wanted to go with, but it still leaves the fact that things are pretty cherry picked on certain points.

I really don't know how we are supposed to make a proper profile for something that doesn't have a consistent tier nor powers. Well, we manage with toon force, but there the powers are one-offs, here it is something that Bill always has.

I don't think Bill should be infinite or immeasurable. From the context, it sounds more like Bill not being oppressed by the tyranny of time is because he controls time and/or he's immortal so he doesn't have to worry about aging. Of course, unless you want to give every time manipulator immeasurable speed then Bill shouldn't have it.

I belive Bill not being oppressed by time means he is not restricted by time, he is free from the said "tyranny" and looks down on people restricted by it

Then that needs to be proven. He implied he transcended time already in the Journal despite having no control over it. No point in looking down on those bound by time if you yourself are, and have 1 less spatial dimension.

The more likely answer is that Bill transcends time in the traditional sense and not in the "I control it, so it can't mess with me." sense. And it's backed up by these statements being pre-weirdmageddon. back when he; you know, didn't have control over time?

Light, you are once again implying that the midnscaper bill is infinite in speed.

That is simply a blatant no.

Or it could just be related to Bill being immortal, in that sense he isn't "oppressed by time" because he won't age unlike humans.

Even if you think Bill referring to himself not aging is an assumption, which do you think sounds like a more reasonable interpretation? That or Bill having immeasurable speed which is never remotely demonstrated in the show?

Back