• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Upgrades to Epithet Erased characters

There's not a main page, and I don't want to go through the work to make one myself so for now using Giovanni to say this but in Epithet Erased's verse, bullets do very little damage overall, even mooks of Banzai Blasters mention they only do minor impact damage. That would mean everyone in the verse (minus Mera) is able to withstand normal gun shots easily.

For the thread's reference, here's the clip OP's referring to.

I think the context of that situation implies that bullets are weaker in-verse, rather than implying that everyone has 9-B dura. That seems like the comedic point and imo fits in better with the portrayal of the characters.

Characters with really high dura, such as Dr. Beefto are portrayed as far above the rest of the cast but still only have 9-B feats. Most Epithet users aren't particularly enhanced physically, with Epithet's precursor of the Anime Campaign showing that Mundys are usually the ones that are enhanced physically, so that they can fight on par with Epithets.

But to your credit, when I presented this opinion a lot of people disagreed with me, so it could kinda go either way.

But yeah, if the next episode (or later seasons) show characters tanking attacks like that again (non-bullet but on the same level), I think this bullet situation would be a fine supporting feat.

Do we really need a section for the references? They make the page a little too big and aren't really necessary.

I'm not sure, I hadn't used references in my pages before and I wanted to start using them - Epithet Erased was the first verse I made trying them out. I thought it'd be kinda fitting since, for novel/text-based verses I can just include the reference in the screencap itself, and for game-based verses references aren't helpful at all.

I based it off pages like Zen'ō, who have it just for two things, and The Gray Boy, who has it for seven things. But maybe I could use a scroll box like The Gray Boy has on Giovanni and Mera's pages to make the section shorter? (Edit: I've made this change) But since this is a bit of an experiment with a format that isn't used on the wiki a lot I'd like more input before removing them entirely.

Yeah, i would say it isn't really beneficial for the likes of this wiki, since this is to scale powers. Having to reference the episodes and everything from each little technique, when no one would really doubt its a lie nor would anyone really stand there letting people mark false abilities, isn't really necessary.

If a certain feat or calc is eye-catching, it would be referenced by a link. But we don't need a whole list for each and every thing, which is why its never really featured on any pages. The ones on those pages you mention aren't as lengthy or repetitive as the ones on the EE pages.

If its for advertising purposes too, then i'd just go with a link to the EE wiki or playlist on the Verse page whenever its done.

This is a verse i might look into too. Apparently Indus can Benchpress a truck, and Percivals epiphet allows her to create small buildings with different uses (Where one was shown to be destroyed by Beefton in the intro? Not the best source, but maybe that can be used as a good basis in the future, though i doubt this verse is just Small Building)

We dont really need to re-link the power pages onto Techniques either when they're listed in Powers and Abilities. Plus can give them a better format or so, i'll look over them a bit more tomorrow, post a draft of the changes i'd make maybe too.

As far as I can tell, references aren't widespread since they're not required, and because people didn't think to use them here until very recently. This also makes them less widespread since people base their pages on others, and if they don't have references they're less likely to just add them.

But I'll ask around for thoughts on whether EE's pages should have the references removed or just trimmed down.

Having to reference the episodes and everything from each little technique, when no one would really doubt its a lie nor would anyone really stand there letting people mark false abilities, isn't really necessary.

Even without references I kinda did this anyway, in pages like Ougi Oshino I used hyperlinks instead of references to reference nearly every power.

Percivals epiphet allows her to create small buildings with different uses (Where one was shown to be destroyed by Beefton in the intro? Not the best source, but maybe that can be used as a good basis in the future)

Sadly Percival's "small buildings" are only about the size of a small stool, rather than the multi-room size we'd want for Small Building Level, so destroying it would probably get around 9-B.

We dont really need to re-link the power pages onto Techniques either when they're listed in Powers and Abilities. Plus can give them a better format or so, i'll look over them a bit more tomorrow, post a draft of the changes i'd make maybe too.

I learned this technique from SomebodyData helping me make some Madoka pages, you can see it used in this one he made as an example. I like that style for characters with a bunch of different abilities so I used it here.

Brr cant reply to all that but Madoka is heavily more technique listed than EE Atm, which im guessing are only referenced because it would be easier than looking through a long Powers and Abilities section. Yeah, ill look into it more tomorrow

For sure. I'm just experimenting with different ways to structure pages, if enough people don't like it for this verse we can change. Just tryna point out that these ways of formatting have been done before.

I asked some people on Discord about the references, here's some of their responses:

I agree that's a little too much for such a minor thing
I think with this he's agreeing that there's too many references for minor things? But it is a bit ambiguous.

They seem fine. I was expecting something like you couldn't even read the page with all the notes, but it's pretty cleanly done, so I don't really see an issue with this. There are far older pages around with "References" sections, so it being not something in the standard formats is not to be worried about.
~ Bobsica
Bob said this after checking out Giovanni's profile.

There's no issue with a reference section. Just because it's been the norm doesn't mean it's good.
By "the norm" not being good here, I'm 99% sure she's referring to the practice of only sourcing calcs and eye-catching feats.

Why would we just implicitly trust a file with no backing. I've been doing this on the destiny files for ages anyways but with links. People don't complain about that, if I can link to the direct proof I may as well.
~ Wokista
EDIT: But if you do still want to re-draft the profiles in a different format we can present both versions to people and see which the majority prefer.

I just dont feel its necessary for the likes of Epiphet Erased right now while we know very little, especially when theres like Over 10s of these references at most linking the exact same episode, and only 4 episodes available to the public atm.

People do trust the vs battles profiles to be accurate without any backing, if its not, we're asked to remove or make a CRT about it. Ofc backing wouldn't hurt but people turn to the profile to be their guide to characters they dont know, and can ask for these feats

It does just add a whole extra section to the profile that is only going to get bigger and bigger as time goes on. The problem with the linking imo is the fact it does it so many times for things that are only showing off the techniques rather than any sort of calcs or strong feats in Hyperlink. And that theres multiple for the same episode.

Ofc its not completely page breaking but its just weird to have so many of these random links, within both the text and the reference page, for something that is currently really small and adds a bit more than your standard profile for little reason.

My draft would only propose removing a few of the big links to things that are only techniques/have previously been linked to, and rgo removing a references section

And they're only going to get bigger and bigger no doubt given the creativity of the verse, which will then make it even bigger.

It's not just about building trust, it's about providing information. I like people being able to easily check and see how an ability was used in-verse rather than there just being a description for it, I think that's more useful.

For the worry about the section getting larger over time, I think that's fine because of the scrollbox. The references section is as large as it will ever get, and won't ever take up more of the page.

Yeah but the scrollbox will become really unnecessarily big

We can explain the ability in the description which would do just about as much as showing in most cases, they aren't completely unexplainable

But eh, i dont really mind, as long as this verse becomes accurate in the future.

Actually, since we're already pretty off-topic, do you reckon you could whip up a verse page? I'm really bad at making them myself and one of my friends that knows the verse is too busy to make one right now.

Back