• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Time for Soup buffs. (9-A Gio/other Epithet Erased characters.)

Wait but the scaling still isn't worked out (._.)

I agreed to the scaling you laid out, but again, that isn't all of it. There's still the Giovanni/Bugsy/Arnie being 9-A in general stuff.

Gio and the others don’t have many feats suggesting 9-A for themselves but since Ben could harm and injured Carcrash, I could go with a likely 9-A for them.
Bugsy should definitely be 9-A since he was at least considered a threat by Percy and Co (who should at least beat goons in dura.)
Arnie is harder to gauge since he doesn’t directly fight, he can “likely.” scale to standard Banzai goons.

Why would Percy beat random blasters in dura?

Wouldn’t a trained police officer be more durable then a teenager? She seems overall stronger and did clear out a few blasters in the bar offscreen, she should be physically above average. (Also everyone was scared of her sword.)

Wouldn’t a trained police officer be more durable then a teenager?

Bad reasoning for scaling.

She seems overall stronger and did clear out a few blasters in the bar offscreen,

She did?

Also everyone was scared of her sword.

Ehhhhhh, I guess, but that is also just her sword.

This is making me feel really weird about scaling every single teenager and adult in the verse to an obviously very strong adult because of one feat.

Wait I checked, got it mixed up with a different scene.
Percy should mostly scale with the sword/towers. Her stamina is notably low.
Not sure about Ramsey. Zora is also hard to gauge since she is so hax reliant. Though considering how she took like 7 tower zaps and survived (though unconscious.), she should be likely 9-A in dura.

It isn’t exactly one feat (We have Goons hurting one another and taking hits from Indus, along with Gio making a scatter shot.), and definitely not everyone (probably not Percy physically and definitely not base Sylvie and the like. Still don’t know about Arnold.

Goons hurting each other is only 9-A because of the one Indus feat.

Again, I disagree with the scatter shot stuff, and that would make it scale to far fewer people.

But with those conditions (Percy only scales with tower zaps/sword, and Zora just scales with dura) I am more fine with it.

Yeah I'd like more people to comment.

Also I'm not sure if we can just compromise on that, since it's like a logical consequence of the scaling we're doing.

If goons scale to other random goons then they're all 9-A and those above them are 9-A, which would put pretty much everyone at 9-A.

I don't think we can just arbitrarily choose to partially scale this stuff.

I mean, I am not too sure about scaling the attack potency of the goons to each other anyway. (Since Gio struggled to kick a plant, and the goons were likely injured/ we don’t see the attack.)

Also since Bugsy should scale above normal goons, shouldn’t Zora get a “possibly 9-A.” With her Gun, she did severely damage him though she used a lot of bullets so wit could go ether way.

Zora's a nova class with like 15 star stamina so she should be good
Scaling just on star ratings gets extremely ridiculous, and will end up scaling literally the entire verse to characters with high ratings.

Quite the opposite though, you would be scaling the higher ranked ones far above the others. (Just up scaling.)

I don't see how it'd scale the entire verse to characters with high ratings, the only two with high ratings is Zora and Howie and no one physically scales to them

Star ratings are a thing used to show how powerful or dangerous an eptihet user is too, Zora reaches like a 15 in terms of star rating showing her threat as a Nova Class while someone like Gio is around a 3 in star rating. I don't see how you'd scale them via that.

Because characters like Ramsey with 2 stars in stamina have their dura scale to a fair bunch of characters, scaling literally every 3 star and above character to them. This would put Molly and Giovanni at the same physical stats, and Sylvester above.

I realize that not every character has high ratings themselves, but some characters actually have feats and shit scaling to each other, causing massive circular scaling issues and almost every character in the series scaling.

I am pretty sure Ramsey would only scale with his Golden Form, so it wouldn’t scale to anyone else.

No, Ramsey tanked the tree and Zora's bullets normally. Meaning that Ramsey also scales to everyone else Zora can damage with bullets.

Because characters like Ramsey with 2 stars in stamina have their dura scale to a fair bunch of characters, scaling literally every 3 star and above character to them. This would put Molly and Giovanni at the same physical stats, and Sylvester above.

I realize that not every character has high ratings themselves, but some characters actually have feats and shit scaling to each other, causing massive circular scaling issues and almost every character in the series scaling.
Whose the "fair bunch of characters". I legitimately do not see the problem with Molly and Gio scaling to each other it's not like having the same stamina stat gives you the EXACT same strength and they're all referred to as characters with JRPG mechanics.

Give examples.

A few Bullets only do minor chip damage, it took a ton of Bullets to do enough to take down Bugsy.
Also why would the tree be 9-A?

Whose the "fair bunch of characters".

Jesus Christ man, everyone who's ever damaged Ramsey, Molly, Giovanni, or anyone who scales to everyone who's ever damaged them. Why do you need an exact list for that?

I legitimately do not see the problem with Molly and Gio scaling to each other

Molly has zero physical feats and appears to be an ordinary 12-year-old girl. And she's supposed to scale to creating gigantic holes through walls created by someone with a 5 star stamina stat?

and they're all referred to as characters with JRPG mechanics.

We don't scale JRPG stats to characters for scaling. This is just something we don't do.

You mean like random fodders?

Sure, okay????????

A few Bullets only do minor chip damage, it took a ton of Bullets to do enough to take down Bugsy.

I guess so.

Also why would the tree be 9-A?

I never said it would be.

Everyone I can think of whose damaged Ramsey thusfar is only really Zora, Bugsy didn't really damage Ramsey and neither did Arnold. Correct me if I'm wrong. So Zora upscaling above him I don't see the problem with. Only people I remember harming Giovanni is Beefton, who broke his bones, Indus, and a group of banzai blasters jumping him. So I don't see the problem with Beefton and Indus upscaling above him.

Molly directly tanks a hit from Beefton:

So not really an ordinary girl.

My point there is random fodders can tank bullets so Ramsey tanking them is nothing surprising. Unless you were agreeing, no clue.

...Did you miss the entire rest of this thread, quite a large part of which involved scaling Giovanni's dura to a 9-A 5-star-stamina character? This is the sorta stuff I meant by circular scaling issues; a 2 star scales to a 5 star's feat, making the bar for 9-A now 2 stars when it used to be 5 stars. 5 stars is meant to be stronger but 2 stars scales to it. Putting everyone who isn't 1 star at destroying small buildings.

Molly directly tanks a hit from Beefton

Oh right, I forgot about that.

My point there is random fodders can tank bullets so Ramsey tanking them is nothing surprising. Unless you were agreeing, no clue.

My point earlier was just that Ramsey scales, and that Ramsey then scales to a bunch of other characters.

I am pretty sure Stamina isn’t directly referring to physical ability now that I think about it. Rather it should just be referring to how much you can use your ability. Since it is with the others and Percy is shown to not use hers often without exhaustion/passing out.
Unless Molly is on the same level as a police officer.

I am pretty sure Stamina isn’t directly referring to physical ability now that I think about it. Rather it should just be referring to how much you can use your ability. Since it is with the others and Percy is shown to not use hers often without exhaustion/passing out.
Unless Molly is on the same level as a police officer.
"Stamina: How much physical strength and energy a character has and how long they can use their abilities before getting tired."

Oh, there was a Q&A?
Probably should have asked, yeah this is good then as a scaling tool.

I'm checking through this thread and I can't find the exact dura feat, is it him tanking scatter point from Indus?

It's saying that he's above the fodder blasters who tanked a charge from Indus.

"Stamina: How much physical strength and energy a character has and how long they can use their abilities before getting tired."

There's another part to that; how long they can use their abilities before getting tired.

And also, from the Anime Campaign System that the show was created with, Stamina effectively functions as a combination of HP and MP from other games.

With all the shit that's bundled into it I don't think it's safe to use it for scaling.

From what I'm seeing in this scene it outright knocked out one of them that took the full frontal assault of it, the others just took the backlash.

Yes the other part exists there but that doesn't really stop the "physical strength" part he blatantly uses. A direct plot point is Mera, someone with a stamina of 1 is physically weak as shit. Jello only uses parts of the anime campaign and pieces it together with new stuff in order to make a more cohesive story:
"Sorry to keep giving this answer, but I have no idea. Epithet is a really unique series in terms of writing for me. It was collectively improvised over 70+ hours in a random stream with some friends, and now I’m slowly piecing the better jokes together so that they make a cohesive setting. Almost nothing is set in stone about this universe because I haven’t needed to set it yet."
So the anime campaign having it function as that doesn't suddenly debunk how he explains the stamina stat now. I also haven't seen any real problem with the scaling as of yet even without stat scaling Gio scaling above fodders cause they tanked a charge from Indus contradicts them getting one-shotted by Indus later (and that's assuming the charge was that all of them took the full frontal assault of it and not only one of them).

He doesn’t strike one with more force then any other, in fact he just seems to strike Ben more then the others. Even if not they would have still taken 9-A force, just somewhat lower.

He would strike one with more force then the other since he mainly reaches one and the others get knocked back. I don't really see why the others would've taken 9-A force, they're taking the backlash from Flamethrower or Ben getting hit idk who directly got hit during that scene cause the cut is done weirdly but it's weird how if Ben was the one in front, he took the least amount of damage while Flamethrower got outright knocked out from that.

Yes the other part exists there but that doesn't really stop the "physical strength" part he blatantly uses.

That is completely missing my point.

If there was a stat which described:
  • Range.
  • Ability to eat pretzels.
  • And speed.
I don't think we'd be able to use characters having a higher value in that stat to scale one of those things to each other.

It's a stat that describes multiple things. Perhaps one character has a high value in it because of their range, perhaps another has it just because of their pretzel-eating prowess.

For an example of this, Mera doesn't seem to get too tired from using her ability, but she is incredibly physically fragile. On the other hand, Percy seems pretty physically competent, yet she gets extremely tired after using her ability only a few times.

That sort of stuff is why I don't want to scale with it.

contradicts them getting one-shotted by Indus later

When did they get one-shot by Indus later?

Also, remember that time random fodder Blasters survived a hit from Howie?

This would end up scaling any character who is fodder or above to every single character in the verse, if we do stamina scaling.

Back