• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Time for Soup buffs. (9-A Gio/other Epithet Erased characters.)

Yes the other part exists there but that doesn't really stop the "physical strength" part he blatantly uses.

That is completely missing my point.

If there was a stat which described:
  • Range.
  • Ability to eat pretzels.
  • And speed.
I don't think we'd be able to use characters having a higher value in that stat to scale one of those things to each other.

It's a stat that describes multiple things. Perhaps one character has a high value in it because of their range, perhaps another has it just because of their pretzel-eating prowess.

For an example of this, Mera doesn't seem to get too tired from using her ability, but she is incredibly physically fragile. On the other hand, Percy seems pretty physically competent, yet she gets extremely tired after using her ability only a few times.

That sort of stuff is why I don't want to scale with it.

contradicts them getting one-shotted by Indus later

When did they get one-shot by Indus later?
Problem with your example show, Mera and Percy show the absolute lowest ends you could get if you have absolute garbage stamina or strength, so anyone with a higher stat shows they're physically superior to Mera or else they'd just be a 1 since having physically shit strength but good stamina doesn't put your star any higher and vice versa. Also I wouldn't call Percy outright physically competent she uses her skill along with a weapon moreso then her own physical strikes along with using her epithet's buffs to fight.

Scatter bullet portion though thinking about it that could arguably be weaker then Indus so Mera is shattering his barrier to fling at people.

Also, remember that time random fodder Blasters survived a hit from Howie?

This would end up scaling any character who is fodder or above to every single character in the verse, if we do stamina scaling.
That sounds moreso like it'd be an outlier for them even if you take out stamina stat scaling since Howie should be greatly above them irregardless.

Also looking at the feat in question it looks like he was scaring them off rather then trying to one shot them, he just boomerang flings a bent wrench at them.

since having physically shit strength but good stamina doesn't put your star any higher and vice versa

How the **** do you know that?

Also I wouldn't call Percy outright physically competent she uses her skill along with a weapon moreso then her own physical strikes along with using her epithet's buffs to fight.

She is nowhere near as fragile as Mera.

That sounds moreso like it'd be an outlier for them even if you take out stamina stat scaling since Howie should be greatly above them irregardless.

You sure stuff like scaling to Indus wouldn't be an outlier then?

Also looking at the feat in question it looks like he was scaring them off rather then trying to one shot them, he just boomerang flings a bent wrench at them.

He threw an object at them which, from the visuals, seemed to be a fairly strong impact. He wasn't throwing a ******* piece of paper at them. The stuff you mention here shouldn't stop it from scaling. (Although outlier concerns would)

Also didn't they explain that you can tank hits from beings greatly above you cause the world of EE works like a JRPG?

I don't remember that, but it is sorta how I see things. And if so, we'd need to be much more careful with scaling things, rather than always scaling for surviving an attack.

And more specifically, it works like a TTRPG, not a JRPG

since having physically shit strength but good stamina doesn't put your star any higher and vice versa

How the **** do you know that?

Also I wouldn't call Percy outright physically competent she uses her skill along with a weapon moreso then her own physical strikes along with using her epithet's buffs to fight.

She is nowhere near as fragile as Mera.

You sure stuff like scaling to Indus wouldn't be an outlier then?

He threw an object at them which, from the visuals, seemed to be a fairly strong impact. He wasn't throwing a ******* piece of paper at them. The stuff you mention here shouldn't stop it from scaling. (Although outlier concerns would)

Also didn't they explain that you can tank hits from beings greatly above you cause the world of EE works like a JRPG?

I don't remember that, but it is sorta how I see things. And if so, we'd need to be much more careful with scaling things, rather than always scaling for surviving an attack.

And more specifically, it works like a TTRPG, not a JRPG
Via Mera having shit physicality but good stamina and Percy being vice versa with both being limited to 1 star.

Never said she was as fragile as Mera. Star scaling isn't that you're both the exact same strength.

I mean, if you want to make it an outlier go ahead? The only real Indus scaling I could see is anyone whose roughly near him in stamina stats or obviously above him.

It's either an outlier or further support for the statement below. Giovanni already mentioned he was fighting Beefton with broken bones, Sylvie could move with shattered ribs, Mera's entire thing, etc.

Found it, stated here:

"Everything operates by like… JRPG video games rules in Epithet. You can get shot in the head and it just deals some damage. It’s super hard to kill somebody."

Via Mera having shit physicality but good stamina and Percy being vice versa with both being limited to 1 star.

Never said she was as fragile as Mera. Star scaling isn't that you're both the exact same strength.

Oh I see, I think I kinda misunderstood what you said earlier. I see it as being a function of a few things (ability to take hits without dying, physical strength, and how much using your epithet drains you) so I don't wanna say that, for example, a 3 star character is better in every single one of those categories than a 2 star character.

I mean, if you want to make it an outlier go ahead? The only real Indus scaling I could see is anyone whose roughly near him in stamina stats or obviously above him.

I guess I can see that. Zora's the only one I'm iffy on since she hasn't had enough screentime to demonstrate exceptional physical feats, and hasn't been seen alongside Indus. I think we need moar content to get a better idea of how to deal with this stuff, really.

It's either an outlier or further support for the statement below. Giovanni already mentioned he was fighting Beefton with broken bones, Sylvie could move with shattered ribs, Mera's entire thing, etc.

Found it, stated here:
"Everything operates by like… JRPG video games rules in Epithet. You can get shot in the head and it just deals some damage. It’s super hard to kill somebody."

Oh right, I forgot about that statement, my bad. Yeah I'm okay with things being treated that way then, you'd need quite a strong demonstration/statement to scale to characters, since characters get their bones broken without much whining all the time. So we shouldn't scale stuff like just standing up after an attack.

Wait shouldn’t that be an upgrade in itself?
The ability to fight with the severe injuries?

Yeah, I'm okay with adding that to people's stamina sections.

I'm fine with a 3 star not being universally better then every 2 star I just think obviously if they have 3 stars they should most definitely scale to 2 stars.

I would assume her status and stats could give her a possibly? I obviously don't say to treat stats as end all be all but a 15 stamina stat should definitely imply she has high physical strength.

Agreed with this

I think if the star difference is larger then just a few it should be “likely.” Indus tier just because the difference is to big to reasonably attribute it to just stamina rather then physical ability.

I do think we should still scale characters if they take quite a few hits (Mostly referring to Gio and Beefton since he takes a whole pummeling.)

I'm fine with a 3 star not being universally better then every 2 star I just think obviously if they have 3 stars they should most definitely scale to 2 stars.

I don't see the difference between these two statements. If they scale, then they are considered universally better, at least in the relevant statistics.

I would assume her status and stats could give her a possibly? I obviously don't say to treat stats as end all be all but a 15 stamina stat should definitely imply she has high physical strength.

Her stamina is at 13 not 15, but I guess I can live with a likely/possibly regardless.

I do think we should still scale characters if they take quite a few hits (Mostly referring to Gio and Beefton since he takes a whole pummeling.)

Giovanni does already scale to Beefton.

And I do still agree giving CRITICAL 13 a likely/possibly 9-A end for probably being able to one-shot Indus.

I don't see the difference between these two statements. If they scale, then they are considered universally better, at least in the relevant statistics.

Her stamina is at 13 not 15, but I guess I can live with a likely/possibly regardless.

Giovanni does already scale to Beefton.

And I do still agree giving CRITICAL 13 a likely/possibly 9-A end for probably being able to one-shot Indus.
Scale =/= universally better. Superior = universally better. Scale assumes they should be around their level. Also I meant in context normal two stars not every one.

Mb mixed up her and Howie.

I mean, for practical purposes on our site, scaling and being superior would give the same tier anyway.

Which scaling? (._.)

Tons of scaling was mentioned in the thread and only some of it was accepted by the end of it.

Back