• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Time for Soup buffs. (9-A Gio/other Epithet Erased characters.)

It has been a bit over a year since Epithet Erased came out. Since Thanksgiving and other personal things were sorted out for me, I feel like I should add these buffs to Potage. Pretty much “possibly 9-A.” For much of his stuff.

(episode 3 17:30.) He states that he could one shot Indus with the critical 13. Usually a one-off statement isn’t enough but since their aren’t any real anti-feats (the other scenes with it include one-shots of a sheep, Mera, and hitting someone with yarn.) soon after he survives an attack from Indus, though injured. (not the only time as shown below.)

(Episode 1 17:40.) Indus (currently 9-A.) rams all 3 goons and only one is noticeably harmed and he other two still standing.
(Episode 1 24:18.) Giovanni is, while injured, able to stand (Start of episode 2.) after being hit with Indus and Mera’s special attack. Considering how she hyped it up enough and is somewhat impressed with Gio’s survival, scattergun should likely scale to Indus himself (or she would just tell him to punch them.) and also Gio’s durability. Only as a likely though. This might upgrade a few others (mostly Beefton.) but that is for later.

Episode 2 ()

• 9-A for Giovanni's statement: Can't believe I missed this, I agree, I don't think even a possibly is needed.
  • 9-A for Indus shoving goons off-screen with his barrier: I don't like this, we haven't really seen this defensive ability (Barrier) cause notable physical harm to people, and I don't see a reason to scale it to him physically. I am okay with scaling them to the KE of these attacks, and Giovanni currently does scale to that (it has 9-C KE against him).
  • 9-A because of scattergun: I don't like this. She didn't tell him to punch them because it's a ranged attack and is still generally enough to KO normal humans, idk why that'd be put at 9-A.
tl;dr I agree with upgrading Critical 13 to 9-A and nothing else.

Yeah I can agree with the barrier point.
The scatter gun is more debatable, why would the combined special attack be less then Indus’ physical attack? I guess it’s possible but if it was then it wouldn’t be needed (we already seen what an Indus charge can do.)

One more point though what about the goons taking the charge from Indus and being knocked out by scatter gun (Except for Gio.) is that a good feat?

Because it's a ranged attack? Physical attacks require your fists to connect with the target.

They took a charge from Indus? You never mentioned this in your OP so I can't really respond to it.

They weren’t that far away, if Indus was what 20 times stronger or something why wouldn’t she just have him charge.

Yeah, I mentioned it, you might have just missed it since I kinda bloated the OP.
Here is the quote “(Episode 1 17:40.) Indus (currently 9-A.) rams all 3 goons and only one is noticeably harmed and he other two still standing.”

Oh **** sorry, I remembered him using his barrier there and didn't rewatch the clip, my bad.

Yeah idk what to make of that, but I seriously doubt its scaling would stop at just Giovanni, and it's late so I can't look into the entire scaling chain of the series rn.

It also feels a bit weird that it'd end up scaling almost every random fodder to a dude who's imo presented as pretty damn strong physically, but idk how to weigh the feats against the anti-feats here, it could be legit.

I believe the scaling would honestly just be for Gio and Beefton, the rest never actually harm one of the two from what I remember. Unless Mera counts, but that is puke be chalked up to Fragile and a few other factors.

Are those three random grunts really going to be far higher in dura than the other Bonzai Blasters of the same rank? Because I think fodder Bonzai Blasters scale to pretty much everyone from the second arc.

Giovanni being higher? 100%. One with an Epithet like Dark Star? Mayyybe. But random fodder civilians? I kinda doubt it tbqh.

But this scaling also wouldn't be as concrete so it may be too much of a stretch, idk.

I guess the others could get a “possibly” or “likely” 9-A (Probably note on the profile that they are likely a bit under Indus since he is still physically quite strong, just not so much that they can’t take a hit or two.) With the possible exemption of Howie since he is also physically very strong (possibly more so then Indus.)

Yeah maybe that could do it. The note seems unnecessary, they straight up solidly survive one of Indus' attacks.

Howie is definitely stronger than Indus. I was planning to make a CRT about that since WoG directly confirmed during the halloween stream that he's the most physically powerful character in the series. He also gets Aura and Enhanced Senses if we take the stream as canon (which I think we should for this sorta stuff, WoG said it didn't canonically happen but characters act the same way there as they would have if it really happened, which I think should give them the same capabilities).

Ok so do we just need an admin or two to come here? This is a rather simple change to a small verse so I doubt we need much more discussion.

I politely asked some to come, this should be cleaned up soon enough (foreshadowing a 3 page debate over soup.)

The only thing I'm kinda iffy on is scaling capabilities from things tgat canonically didn't happen per WOG, but I can't say I know the verse very well. I mean, sure, the characters might've still been in character, but that doesn't change the fact that the events didn't happen. The rest looks fine though.

Yeah seems good, speaking of Howie would his building feat in episode 6 be calcable?

No, I looked into it. He was just using materials to build something quickly, only thing that might theoretically be calcable is speed, but that can't be calced beyond the estimation we gave on the profile.

The only thing I'm kinda iffy on is scaling capabilities from things tgat canonically didn't happen per WOG, but I can't say I know the verse very well. I mean, sure, the characters might've still been in character, but that doesn't change the fact that the events didn't happen. The rest looks fine though.

To clarify, the things that would have been given from that are:
  • Howie has an Aura of raw power that other characters could feel/notice.
  • Howie has superhuman hearing (Enhanced Senses).
  • Howdy Morning's genitals being censored because of a government experiment (although he doesn't have a profile yet).
  • Molly Blyndeff's full name being "Molly Wolly Doodle All The Way Blyndeff". (This was later clarified as being canon and real, it's on her birth certificate according to WoG).
I feel a lot better about these since, in lack of a better way to describe it, they're the characters themselves, they're not scaling to anyone or performing feats on the environment or using stuff given to them in that non-canon sequence.

Then again, the creator also said he grabbed ideas from future seasons to put here, so we'll almost likely get this sorta stuff under more normal circumstances eventually.

Well, if it comes from future seasons, then I'll allow it, on the sole condition that you directly cite that WOG statement, via link, screenshot, or otherwise.

Ok, with Wright and Agnaa mostly in agreement this could be added I would assume? I will air till tonight just in case.

Well, if it comes from future seasons, then I'll allow it, on the sole condition that you directly cite that WOG statement, via link, screenshot, or otherwise.
Um, I think we may have had a miscommunication.

The series of events there is not from a future season. But he took some ideas from future seasons to put there. Portraying Howie as an extremely powerful character (something he didn't get much time for in S1), introducing Molly's friends, having Ramsey, Mera, and Indus as a group, etc.

So I'm not really sure which WoG statement you'd want me to cite.

Also, like I said, that isn't a part of this CRT, but something I was planning for a future CRT.

Ok, so just asking.
Is this good to add or do I wait for more admins to check? (Referring to the stuff in the OP.)
I mean one notable supporter and an Admin should be enough for something this simple right?

In conclusion
9-A dura for people who scale to goons (Gio, Percy, Zora, BB Vice Principals, and Ramsey.)
9-A Critical 13, Beefton, Howie, and probably Percy?)

@Agnaa

I mean, I fully understand that. Just a mention of how the creator used future ideas for that bit should be enough to justify a possibly at the very least.

That said, I don't mind if you plan to wait on that. It might even be smarter to wait until the next season, just to avoid any potential misclassification.

I'm not sure if it would just be dura, it'd cover AP for a lot of them too. I'm not sure exactly who, but I'm pretty sure your listing is incorrect, so your suggestion as it is right now is not good.

Yeah I need to decide the exact scaling first. Is it just most of the cast sans Molly, probably Mera, and base Sylvie? Arnold might just be a possibly since is is mostly just there as a support so his physicals aren’t clear.
The goons can hurt each other so I guess likely 9-A would work. Percy deletes normal goons with her towers and and Ramsey can kinda hurt Bubsy. Beef scales far above the others, so does Howie and Zora should be comparable.
So yeah most of the cast.

I think that should work, yeah. All besides Molly, Mera, Arnie, and base Sylvie have at least something that scales. Giovanni has CRITICAL 13, Percy has towers, Ramsey has sharpened golden-tipped crayons, Zora has her gun...

Actually I'm not sure why Percy's dura would scale, and I think that would leave Bugsy without a way to scale AP-wise.

I mean normal goons probably can hurt each other somewhat (Car-crash and Ben.) so they might scale anyway.
Besides that we good, will add tomorrow.

Wait, then that'd scale Giovanni's normal AP to 9-A. Not just CRITICAL 13 as you said above.

Hmmmm, then again I don’t know if we can scale Hypnotized Ben to anyone. Even then Gio being below 9-A physically without Critical seems a bit more consistent, so I guess we should go with that.
Is the scaling at least decent?

Though I think we can agree Gio scales with crit, percy with towers (though everyone was scared of the sword so she might just scale physically. Also trained cop> goons,) Beefton scales completely, same with Howie, Vice Principals probably do too, I assume Zora too?
Pretty much all but Mera, Molly, and Sylvie in base.

K, will start to add tonight or tomorrow (I just use mobile so it will take a while to do.)

Back