• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, Garnet is on the lower end of Large Island, so Amethyst and Pearl being only a bit weaker than her while being Island level+ would still make sense. Far more sense than Opal, the fusion of Amethyst and Pearl, having less power than the combined strength of regular Amethyst and Pearl.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Like I said, Garnet is on the lower end of Large Island, so Amethyst and Pearl being only a bit weaker than her while being Island level+ would still make sense. Far more sense than Opal, the fusion of Amethyst and Pearl, having less power than the combined strength of regular Amethyst and Pearl.
This could make sense

aswell as Garnet being a fusion stronger than Opal

Darkanine said:
I dunno if I agree with the downgrade, Ameythst was able to take quite a few hits from Jasper and could fight enemies who were able to harm her.
I don't think I agree with this sentiment. If her dura = Jasper's AP then we'd have to continue this train of logic which would end up with Jasper = Amethyst, which would make no sense since Amethyst was completely unable to harm Jasper.

It's kinda like saying humans are wall level because we can survive car crashes and hurt each other. We can survive a car crash sure, but that's pretty much our limit and we have a good chance of dying from it.

Nah. Just the fact that Garnet is on the lower end of Large Continent level and is already physically superior to Opal, who should be stronger than Amethyst and Pearl's combined power, which is in the Island level+ range.

It does kinda, since it implied that Ametyst is waaaaaaay weaker than Jasper.

On another revision note, is it just me that thinks we should probably rate the Diamonds "At least High 6-A, likely higher" as opposed to where they are, now?

They're considered the strongest Gems in existence, and I really don't see why this wouldn't account for fusions as well, sans crazy things like the Cluster, which is more a superweapon than a fusion. Lapis was clearly worried about Yellow Diamond at the mention of her name, so I doubt she'd be an incredible amount weaker than Lapis. Yes, Lapis is so strong because the amount of water on Earth, but Peridot said that Homeworld has access to multiple star systems, so I find it hard to believe at least one of the planets they've been to doesn't have at least a comparable amount of water to Earth.

Not to mention, weapons like White Light exist on Homeworld; a living hard-light construct capable of shrugging off hits from fusions like Alexandrite, who is already superior to Lapis, and shattering countless Gems. Yet it's implied the Diamonds have never even been poofed, and I highly doubt Lapis is even close to the strongest Homeworld has to offer. Scaling them so low just seems...off.

I agree on the diamonds upgrade, they were originally scaled as High 6-A but were downgraded at somepoint which always seemed off to me.

I think it was because at first it was supposed to be due to being greater than Lapis but Lapis was only that strong due to her powers, not her physical capabilities. Even Azzy agreed with me when i asked him that.

However if he thinks that they should be much higher, then i can't object to it. Though i would prefer to hear more of this, however...

I agreed because I thought Lapis to be a special case, since it was strictly via her powers and doesn't scale to her durability. However, with recent reveals, we know it obviously scales to Malachite's durability, who is far superior to Lapis herself, and that Alexandrite could fight on par with Malachite, and that an ancient gem weapon could take hits from beings of Alexandrite's level and keep swinging.

Because of this, the Diamonds scaling to the High 6-A characters seems more accurate.

Because Peridot, in her own words, is an "era 2" Peridot, made for one goal from limited resources. She was not created with any combat powers, and is thus physically weak.

I think that Azathoth seems to make sense.

Also when people say that when the warship exploded it was island level are clearly ignoring the fact that if it was even close to island level it would of completly destroyed beach city, but the explosion didn't even do any major harm to the temple.

Plus Garnet was only able to destory part of a already unstable mountain, what Garnet did was simaler to a small cavein.

And one final note people tend to take the Laser Light epidsode as evidance that the laser lights could destory citys since it was able to destory the Red Eye, however Pearl said that the Red Eye would crush them and a bunch of people in the city, she didin't say it would actulty destory the city itself.

Well, I have to admit that, apart from Lapis Lazuli, the gems have consistently appeared to be pretty small scale to the point that I have watched the series, but then I have only watched around 30 episodes so far.

The ship's explosion definitely wasn't island level, but that's not where the island level stat comes from.

I fail to see how the mountain being unstable is relevant when Garnet was the one who made it unstable, in the first place. A quarter of the mountain didn't just randomly break off.

The Red Eye isn't scaled to city level though, and it certainly wouldn't be for that reason. The results are what they are due to a calc for the size.

Again, there's also the fact that the Gems usually seem so low due to the majority of their powers taking the form of something involving short-range combat. While Lapis is one of the most powerful, she is also has the advantage of her powers manifesting as something that can be shown on a large scale (i.e. controlling all oceans on the planet, at once).

Think for example of Malachite, who is vastly superior to Lapis. A being so powerful that half of her own conscious holding her down with the weight of the entire ocean was only enough to restrain her without doing any harm. A being whose movements up from the ocean floor caused earthquakes. She has the luxury of large scale impressive feats. Then we have Alexandrite, whose only real feat in the show is fighting Malachite. However, we know Alexandrite is on par with Malachite, because she was able to hurt her, as well as tank multiple hits, and eventually poof her with a little help from the Watermelon Stevens. Alexandrite's only feat is through scaling, yet because of this we know she's one of the most powerful fusions in the show.

In short, the Gems' regular scale not seeming impressive does not mean they're not powerful, which is part of why calcs are so important, since they can make us realize a feat we initially wrote off was actually of great significance.

Though it does seem the series is getting keen on showing more easily quantifiable feats now, which is good. One of the lowest tier characters performed a casual MCB feat by completely dispersing a cloud in a little over a second, Malachite causing earthquakes with just her struggling, the Cluster being an explicitly Planet level (at the very least) character via size alone, etc. So hopefully that's a trend that'll continue.

Well, it is just that as far as I have seen the series, they get severely injured by very limited forces, such as Pearl being stabbed by Holo-Pearl, or Amethyst being cracked, and almost killed, by a small fall.

I suppose that this is standard fictional plot induced stupidity inconsistency though, and that we have to go by the higher feats, as usual.

Indeed. Things such as Amethyst cracking her Gem from a short fall are almost certainly serious PIS, as this is the same character who survived being repeatedly thrown face-first into the Red Eye without even a scratch.

Aye. Okay so from what i've seen here we did:

-Scaling them down based on Xcano's calc

-Making Opal just High 6-C

-Upgraded Stevonnie but downgraded Pearl and Amethyst

-Upgraded YD and BD to Malachite and Alexandrite's level

Given all this, should we close this up now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back