• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vizer04

He/Him
On this clip we can see Lapis struggling to keep Jasper trapped with water chains, and she says that the ocean's weight is needed to keep her imprisoned.

Now, some of you might say that she meant keep Malachite imprisoned. However, this is unlikely since we can see how Jasper briefly breaks free from her grip and tries to harm Steven (0:31). This raises some questions since Jasper's LS is Class M while Lapis Lifting Strenght is listed as Superhuman, so she can't be using her physical strenght to push Jasper down.

There's even more feats on this level, such as:

Jasper breaking Steven's Shield twice, on their first fight and during their rematch. This is what it says on Steven's weaknesses: Steven's Shield and Bubble can become unstable depending on his emotional state at the time; if he is properly focused and prepared for an attack they possess their full durability. Steven was willing to fully prepared for her attacks and he was willing to fight so he was focused.

There's also the fact that Blue Diamond was slightly damaged by the Crystal Gems.

And when Lapis created a tower with the stolen ocean, none of the Crystal Gems seemed to think this was a feat massively beyond that of an average Gem (a gap between 7-A and High 6-A is huge).

So, i think is consistent to upgrade all the Gems to High 6-A with the Diamonds being Low 5-B based on this CRT. And Class Z Lifting Strenght, obviously. Any questions or objections?

Last edited:
This happened during a dream/mindscape realm in Malachite’s subconscious.

On this clip we can see Lapis struggling to keep Jasper trapped with water chains, and she says that the ocean's weight is needed to keep her imprisoned.

Now, some of you might say that she meant keep Malachite imprisoned. However, this is unlikely since we can see how Jasper briefly breaks free from her grip and tries to harm Steven (0:31). This raises some questions since Lapis Lifting Strenght is listed as Superhuman while Jasper's LS is Class M, so she can't be using her physical strenght to push Jasper down.

So, i suggest we upgrade Jasper and those who scale to her with Class Z Lifting Strenght. Any questions or objections?
I don't think it as literal, it was more like a fight to keep Malachite in control, as Lapis wanted it inside of the ocean and Jasper wanted to kill everything

However, there's more feats that support this:

Jasper breaking Steven's Shield twice, on their first fight and during their rematch. This is what it says on Steven's weaknesses: Steven's Shield and Bubble can become unstable depending on his emotional state at the time; if he is properly focused and prepared for an attack they possess their full durability. Steven was willing to fully prepared for her attacks and he was willing to fight so he was focused.

There's also the fact that Blue Diamond was slightly damaged by the Crystal Gems.

And when Lapis created a tower with the stolen ocean, none of the Crystal Gems seemed to think this was a feat massively beyond that of an average Gem (a gap between 7-A and High 6-A is huge).

So, i think is consistent to upgrade all the Gems to High 6-A while the Diamonds are just on a higher level of High 6-A. And Class Z LS, obviously.
I think i can see the argument being made, btw, wasnt Steven stated that was holding back against Jasper? I need to watch it again later

I mean, Steven wasn’t using his full power on Jasper at first and keep in mind that when Steven used his shields again when he wasn’t holding back, it literally pinned Jasper down and the shields one-shotted her basically. I do think that Steven and the diamonds are due for an upgrade but the gems SHOULD NOT be on the same level as Steven. I think it’s made pretty clear through out the series that: Steven and Diamonds >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The gems. 4-B or higher gems wouldn’t make sense lol.

YYEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYY
623821701385289758.gif

I will agree to the Class Z and I already stated in the other CRT my opinion of 4-B Diamonds. These two are solid.

As for the High 6-A...fine. I'll agree to it. I am not enthusiastic about it, but the scaling seems in order.
High 6-A seems fine to me as well. I noticed no evidence for Class Z or 4-B in this thread.

As I responded to the other current SU thread:
I agree about that we have no reliable evidence whatsoever for that this was an omnidirectional energy burst rather than an almost straight line blast focused on the Earth only. Also, I already rejected this in another thread, and do not appreciate attempts to sidestep that ruling via new threads that say the same thing.

Galactic range should probably be fine though.

My questions with making the gems high 6-A would this be a second key and would this only apply to the crystal gems because making all gems 6-A would lead to some circular scaling and i don't understand exactly how you mean to scale this

I'm not trying to debunk or anything I'm genuinely trying to understand how this is supposed to work

Last edited:
My questions with making the gens high 6-A would this be a second key and would this only apply to the crystal gems because making all gems 6-A would lead to some circular scaling and i don't understand exactly how you mean to scale this

I'm not trying to debunk or anything I'm genuinely trying to understand how this is supposed to work
First of all, every Gem will have Class Z Lifting Strenght.

Their stats (AP and Durability) would also be High 6-A since they can take punches from other comparable Gems (Garnet could take punches from Jasper, and Amethyst isn't too far behind Garnet). Everyone would have the same upgrade in AP except Peridot (who is explicitly said to be a weaker Gem but with high durability)

First of all, every Gem will have Class Z Lifting Strenght.

Their stats (AP and Durability) would also be High 6-A since they can take punches from other comparable Gems (Garnet could take punches from Jasper, and Amethyst isn't too far behind Garnet). Everyone would have the same upgrade in AP except Peridot (she's explictly said to be a very weak Gem but with high durability)
Would these not be new keys for the main cast? Because that would cause discrepancies? We see our main cast of gems are still above the others of thier kind such as lapis stomping two lapis lazuli?

Saying all gems includes average ruby's like eyeball or holly blue agate who could stomp average ruby's

So shouldn't this be scaling for the main cast who has the feats instead of every gem of their type?

Yes, basically that
Ooh okay I understand now I was confused by saying all gems because that would mess up scaling but even so instead of a statistics change this should definitely be a new key to avoid circular scaling since we know our main cast is above the other gems of their types and it cleans up any discrepancies with previous fights

If that's how it's done then I agree as well

I suppose that was the last of it and we're done here now that that's cleared up for me and we already have it all figured out with staff agreance

He was holding back his punches to not hurt her, why the hell would he lower the durability of the shields protecting him?
looked back at it again and she only kicked his shield away here not breaking it and on the second clip Steven is flustered and after hitting Jasper in the face so I don't believe that shield was at full power especially considering right after its broken she remarks on him holding back.

the 6-A scaling could still work but I don't believe it's correct using this as justification for Jasper since we see not only can she not break the shields when he doesn't hold back but he also just one shots her with them when he's serious as well. I believe it should be noted on her new key that she fought Pink state Steven after some training but he held back against until he got serious and stomped her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back