• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Lord of the Rings upgrade?

In the Dagor Dagorarh, Morgoth will come back from the Void and into the Universe for one final battle. Morgoth destroys the Sun and Moon when he does this, but nothing states that he became any stronger when he comes back, just that he regenerated his limbs.

If Morgoth is only as strong as he was at the end of the First Age, this would bump him up to at least Star lvl for destroying the Sun. Sauron would also be star lvl at his peak since Tolkien stated Sauron was greater in the 2nd age then Morgoth was at the end of the first.

I believe Dagor Dagorath was from the 1937 copy of the Silmarillion, but it was removed in later copies, including the one I own. Although to be fair, references to the final battle are still made, although it can be debated how canon the events depicted are, especially since details outline the fates of men as concrete, which contradicts Eru's gift of freedom to the second born.

Regardless, Sauron would not scale, since the Morgoth from Dagor Dagorath was stated to be back to his prime, or at least strong enough to contend with Tulkas and Eonwe at once.

I believe Dagor Dagorath was from the 1937 copy of the Silmarillion, but it was removed in later copies, including the one I own. Although to be fair, references to the final battle are still made, although it can be debated how canon the events depicted are, especially since details outline the fates of men as concrete, which contradicts Eru's gift of freedom to the second born.

Regardless, Sauron would not scale, since the Morgoth from Dagor Dagorath was stated to be back to his prime, or at least strong enough to contend with Tulkas and Eonwe at once.
This seems fine to me, but as was said above, we have another ongoing LotR discussion.

Back