• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sauron (LOTR) VS Salem (RWBY)

Hsharpe

He/Him
Aight, another LOTR VS RWBY fight on this website, this time using the big-bads of both verses

Sauron, "The Dark Lord of Mordor"
Key: Last Alliance

VS

Salem, "The Girl in the Tower"
Key: With Magic

Battle Info:
  • Both bloodlusted
  • No preparation
  • Speed is equalized
  • Both start at 35 yards apart
  • Both can call upon minions and servants if need be
  • Win by Death (even tho that might not be possible for either of them lol) or K.O
Sauron wins: 2
Salem wins: 0
Tie: 0

Last edited:
Since you didn't specify keys Sauron is Low 1-C and hard as **** to interact with so he haxes.

Within proper keys, not like either can kill the other I guess, so incon.

He did specify the keys, which are listed underneath their names. Last Alliance Sauron and Salem with Magic.

Anyway, what did both start with?

He did specify the keys, which are listed underneath their names. Last Alliance Sauron and Salem with Magic.

Well I couldn't find em, but I'll take your word for it...

aaaaand Sauron is High 3-A.

Sauron reduces Salem to her constituent atoms repeatedly in his Non-Physical form to blitz the happy holidays out of her.

Both start with no knowledge of each other and no prep for each other, but they're both bloodlusted and have access to all their powers and companions

Both start with no knowledge of each other and no prep for each other, but they're both bloodlusted and have access to all their powers and companions
I dunno you tell me how Salem deals with a infinite speed guy hitting her repeatedly because Sauron thought once.

What's infinity divided by Infinity, before you bring up speed equal

I dunno you tell me how Salem deals with a infinite speed guy hitting her repeatedly because Sauron thought once.

What's infinity divided by Infinity, before you bring up speed equal
Oh wait I shoulda added the equalized speed part, gimme a moment.

Edit: Done

Ignoring the Infinite Speed (Which is actually Immeasurable, I just forgot to change it while pages were unlocked so time travel is also a thing), Sauron has Low-Godly regeneration and can discard his physical form to fight as a soul with type 5 immortality.

That plus all this, isn't this just a mega stomp?

Anyway, Sauron doesn't have a starting move per say. He's done different things on what we know of his fights ranging from:
  • Transforming into a Werewolf and physically fighting while jumping between forms
  • Singing Songs of Power in a magical duel
  • Burning his opponents to a crisp with his hot hands.
Not that any of this matters due to the resistances and abilities he has. He really does just win. Salem's regen (her immortality not on page but is detailed briefly so I'll assume it's High) isn't good enough to survive her soul being attacked or her body being theoretically undone with matter manipulation afterall. Not to mention all the other stuff.

Ignoring the Infinite Speed (Which is actually Immeasurable, I just forgot to change it while pages were unlocked so time travel is also a thing), Sauron has Low-Godly regeneration and can discard his physical form to fight as a soul with type 5 immortality.

That plus all this, isn't this just a mega stomp?

Anyway, Sauron doesn't have a starting move per say. He's done different things on what we know of his fights ranging from:
  • Transforming into a Werewolf and physically fighting while jumping between forms
  • Singing Songs of Power in a magical duel
  • Burning his opponents to a crisp with his hot hands.
Not that any of this matters due to the resistances and abilities he has. He really does just win. Salem's regen (her immortality not on page but is detailed briefly so I'll assume it's High) isn't good enough to survive her soul being attacked or her body being theoretically undone with matter manipulation afterall. Not to mention all the other stuff.
I remember correctly that Salem has Low-Godly Regen as well as Type 8 Immortality due to being cursed by the Gods of Light and Darkness, ensuring that she is unable to die so long as Remnant exists. Evidence of her Low-Godly Regen is when the God of Darkness unleashes a blast of pure destruction that destroys Remnant and disintegrates everyone on it, but Salem regens from it.

But it wouldn't matter anyway since she realistically has no way of harming Sauron, even with Grimm. The Pools of Grimm can disintegrate anything that enters it, as well as absorb/destroy souls. Though again, considering LOTR's souls are indestructible (and if this is really the case, I suggest changing it to Immunity), the soul-absorbing abilities of the Grimm, Pools of Grimm, and Salem are practically useless

Last edited:
I remember correctly that Salem has Low-Godly Regen as well as Type 8 Immortality due to being cursed by the Gods of Light and Darkness, [FONT=rubik, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ensuring that she is unable to die so long as Remnant exists. Evidence of her Low-Godly Regen is when the God of Darkness unleashes a blast of pure destruction that destroys Remnant and disintegrates everyone on it, but Salem regens from it.

But it wouldn't matter anyway since she realistically has no way of harming Sauron, even with Grimm. The Pools of Grimm can disintegrate anything that enters it, as well as absorb/destroy souls. Though again, considering LOTR's souls are indestructible (and if this is really the case, I suggest changing it to Immunity), the soul-absorbing abilities of the Grimm, Pools of Grimm, and Salem are practically useless
Basically, if you don't have tier 1 dicking, you can't do crap to LotR souls lol

Though again, considering LOTR's souls are indestructible (and if this is really the case, I suggest changing it to Immunity), the soul-absorbing abilities of the Grimm, Pools of Grimm, and Salem are practically useless
It's considered resistance since "immunity" isn't a thing on the wiki. Basically Eru is the reason souls can't be destroyed in LotR since he sustains them.

That aside, Ainur have the ability to fight and counter soul based attacks since that's their natural state. Sauron could attack her soul or theoretically use concept manipulation.

Last edited:
It's considered resistance since "immunity" isn't a thing on the wiki. Basically Eru is the reason souls can't be destroyed in LotR since he sustains them.

That aside, Ainur have the ability to fight and counter soul based attacks since that's their natural state. Sauron could attack her soul or theoretically use concept manipulation.
And I think the High-Elves have the ability to counter soul-based attacks since Fingolfin, according to his profile, can interact with/harm intangible beings. I could be wrong

Also I know this isn't related, but do you think the High-Elves and Ainur have the ability to see/harm the Stands of JJBA? Cuz if you think about it, Stands are technically similar in nature to the wraiths of LOTR. Stands are the embodiment of a user's life force, aka their soul; key word: soul

So now I believe this fight is concluded and the votes have been cast. Am I alright to add this to Sauron's profile under his notable Victories?

So now I believe this fight is concluded and the votes have been cast. Am I alright to add this to Sauron's profile under his notable Victories?
No.

1. You need 7 votes to add anything

2. After 7 votes, a 24 hour grace period is reached

3. Stomps(such as this match) can't be added.

And I think the High-Elves have the ability to counter soul-based attacks since Fingolfin, according to his profile, can interact with/harm intangible beings. I could be wrong
High-Elves exist in two planes of existence, one of which is where Wraiths and other spiritual existences are. But it's not 100% clear if they can touch intangible beings because the Nazgul actually aren't intangible (at least with their robes on).

However, it's mentioned they could detect Fallen Maiar who were around them, even as just a bodiless spirit. It can be presumed they could then fight those off. They also know LotR's version of magic (which is less traditional magic, more innate ability) like Songs of Power and those may effect non-physical beings. Not sure.
Also I know this isn't related, but do you think the High-Elves and Ainur have the ability to see/harm the Stands of JJBA? Cuz if you think about it, Stands are technically similar in nature to the wraiths of LOTR. Stands are the embodiment of a user's life force, aka their soul; key word: soul
High-Elves, probably since they can see the true forms of the Nazgul. Ainur are souls, their bodies are just flesh puppets they enter to interact with the world. With exceptions of course. Ainur could definitely see them and destroy them.

Also, yeah this is a stomp.

Back