• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Immunity/Unconventional Resistance to Soul & Mind Manipulation - Maou Gakuin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Tensura that should lose the "immunity" part actually. It has nothing to qualify as such.
This kind of stuff only happen if you lack something entirely (and not always).
Please elaborate.

Please elaborate.
It is because Tensura has immunity to mind hax for basically being able to think with his soul, and so the thread attempted to give anos immunity for a reason similar to that, however it was stated earlier that this should only be an unconventional resist as they still exist and can be haxed it is just that it doesnt matter for anos, which then caused yuri to say that Tensura should lose the immunity as it does not qualify for immunity

Please elaborate.
What deonment said.

Also Immunity is usually for things like a character lacking bones so the character is immune to bone manipulation since there's nothing to manipulate.

The current case is the mind still being a thing but being on a deeper level than a normal one.

The current case is the mind still being a thing but being on a deeper level than a normal one.
Like I previously said, I'm fine with either immunity or unconventional resistance, but just to correct something you said, in this case the mind isn't simply on a deeper level, since it's specifically stated that the source is deeper than the soul and mind. They have memories kept at their source that allows them to "think" with their source, and memories kept at the source =/= mind and thoughts.

Last edited:
What deonment said.

Also Immunity is usually for things like a character lacking bones so the character is immune to bone manipulation since there's nothing to manipulate.

Okay. I trust you sense of judgement.

I believe the following has been accepted:

**This applies to any characters who are able to cast magic from ONLY their source.

Unconventional Resistance to Soul Manipulation & Mind Manipulation (Good magicians can keep their memories at their source, which is the basic concept of existence that exists beyond the body, soul and mind, and even if their body perishes, as long as their source is intact, they can be revived. In other words, they can "think" with their source (concept) and thus have unconventional resistance to abilities that affect the soul or mind)

If the above is accepted, then we probably have to revise Tensura profiles that have Immunity to Mind Manipulation, since the reason for their immunity is similar to the above.

Last edited:
When Anos gets even resistant~

This should also apply to any other magic user comparable to Anos or something if it says “good magicians” can use their source to revive themselves.

I believe the following has been accepted:

**This applies to any characters who are able to cast magic from ONLY their source.

Unconventional Resistance to Soul Manipulation & Mind Manipulation (Good magicians can keep their memories at their source, which is the basic concept of existence that exists beyond the body, soul and mind, and even if their body perishes, as long as their source is intact, they can be revived. In other words, they can "think" with their source (concept) and thus have unconventional resistance to abilities that affect the soul or mind)

If the above is accepted, then we probably have to revise Tensura profiles that have Immunity to Mind Manipulation, since the reason for their immunity is similar to the above.
This is good

I think we have six profiles of MaouGakuin characters. I think they all get this tho it would be best for Oblivion or ImZeroNull to confirm this.

I think we have six profiles of MaouGakuin characters. I think they all get this tho it would be best for Oblivion or ImZeroNull to confirm this.
Perhaps this should be applied to Anos and Lay, cuz good magicians are them only, as they are good at Root magic. I am not very sure about this but imZer0Null/Oblivion can tell.
Other 4 shall be granted only Resistance towards soul manipulation.(cuz they all have sources).

Perhaps this should be applied to Anos and Lay, cuz good magicians are them only, as they are good at Root magic. I am not very sure about this but imZer0Null/Oblivion can tell.
Other 4 shall be granted only Resistance towards soul manipulation.(cuz they all have sources).
I'm sure that Sasha and Misha can reform their soul, mind and body as long their source still intact a.k.a Mid-Godly

What do the rest of you think about this?
This upgrade would apply to any characters who are able to cast magic from ONLY their source.
Basically, all characters who have mid-godly regen from being able to reform their body from only their source.

Last edited:
So should somebody apply what has been accepted here then?

Bumping this.

I don't really want to bother people with this, but it was made evident in this thread that Tensura characters should have unconventional resistance and not immunity, so could a Tensura supporter maybe make a CRT to fix this?
Also, it isn't actually a downgrade or something, but simply a rewording on the profiles.

Bumping this.

I don't really want to bother people with this, but it was made evident in this thread that Tensura characters should have unconventional resistance and not immunity, so could a Tensura supporter maybe make a CRT to fix this?
Also, it isn't actually a downgrade or something, but simply a rewording on the profiles.
actually it's downgrade cus immunity is far batter than unconventional resistance

actually it's downgrade cus immunity is far batter than unconventional resistance
Their immunity and unconventional resistance would act exactly the same tho..?
They were immune cuz mind hax that doesn't affect the soul won't affect them.
They should have unconventional resistance now, and mind hax that doesn't affect the soul still won't affect them.

Their immunity and unconventional resistance would act exactly the same tho..?
They were immune cuz mind hax that doesn't affect the soul won't affect them.
They should have unconventional resistance now, and mind hax that doesn't affect the soul still won't affect them.
immunity to mind manip is literally no way to affect mind while unconventional resistance still be affected in some methods(you can read the resistance page,immunity is the highest level of resistance)

immunity to mind manip is literally no way to affect mind while unconventional resistance still be affected in some methods(you can read the resistance page,immunity is the highest level of resistance)
Yes I know that, but based off of their current immunity's description, they would still be affected by mind + soul hax, which is exactly the same as the unconventional resistance they would get.

Anyways, I don't want to debate whether it's a downgrade or not. It's clearly incorrect, and I'm simply asking for a Tensura supporter to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back