• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible FTL Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
But why are baby Pokemon transonic? Is it because Quick Attack scaling? We do need a good reason for that rating-- even if it does sound delicious. My God, it fits so well.

But whatever the reason, it can't be because of in-game dodging mechanics. I think the Priority scaling is a good idea, but I don't think everyone should get it movement/attack speed wise unless they have the priority. Then, any baby who doesn't gets a possibily, while every second stage and higher Mon gets an at least for being faster than them.

I mean, there's the fact that if you don't have the priority, you might not scale, giving higher mons a Likely stat or something...?

It was portrayed like that with even the Zubat line tho. I recall Brock's doing that quite a few times, iirc even as echolocation.

Eh, we can just go with the Transonic rating for Babies as a baseline, and Supersonic for Extreme Speed, being faster than Mach Punch.

Not quite, quite often it broke quite a few rules , sound does not explode and using sound to deflect atracks abd such , not like that .

And mach punch has 100 accuracy .

Which leaves ya left with sonic boom .

Quite a few fictions, most notably D.C. Comics, portray sound like that (as in doing damage and blowing stuff up). For example, Black Canary, Silver Banshee, and Sonar.

But I do think that we should note that the monsters without Quick Attack or Transonic moves only have reactions on that level "likely".

As for Pichu and Electric types, Metronome users, their attacks are faster, HHS to MHS+ and possibly Light speed. They don't scale to normal mons, least of all babies. It's a massive outlier

I meant like energy explosions . The rings are often depicted like energy .

And magnezone (couple with it the original name is ultra sound )

We shouldn't worry about Accuracy anymore, it's too faulty. I say we just give other mons a "likely" rating for scaling mons without the moves, considering mons dodge moves in the anime all the time, and stop the speed ratings for high speed moves like FTL Power Gem or Electric moves.

Amexim said:
We shouldn't worry about Accuracy anymore, it's too faulty. I say we just give other mons a "likely" rating for scaling mons without the moves, considering mons dodge moves in the anime all the time, and stop the speed ratings for high speed moves like FTL Power Gem or Electric moves.
it's not like eletric moves are consistently dodged by any type of pokemo

Or, since Supersonic is sound and is crappy in accuracy, we can base it off of dodging that like before, with Mach Punch and Quick Attack being additional justification.

Then put the Likely/Possiblies in front of who ever lacks feats but scales.

Sonic boom.

Ummm, the accuracy reasoning is trash... But... It can be dodged in game, and I don't think it's been dodged in the anime, but it has been reflected by Dawn's Aipom in DP episode 525.

So stage 1 mons confirmed to have Transonic reactions and attack speed? Quick Attack and Mach Punches existence should make for Movement too, since they should be close to Sonicboom in speed.

First, I recognize that. I am aware of a Meowth from Gen 3 anime dodging thunderbolt or something iirc. But again, those are either outliers, or everyone is FTL or MHS+ because everyone scales to everyone else. Like the second comment of the previous PKMN thread, we have always done selective scaling with AP. Why not Speed?

Second, everyone being able to outrun or react to SoL or Lightning moves doesn't make sense in context of the verse's story and showings. Raikou is MHS+. So, is Cleffa really supposed to be MHS too?

Third, there's always the rare "Varies" prefix.

The Everlasting said:
I'm really uncomfortable with just picking and choosing who gets scaling from this thing that a bajillion characters learn.
This. So much this. You cant call babies doing this outlier. In canon a pidgey can fight final evolutions, becausw in pokemon speed and AP are mostly determined by level. Imo there is no difference between the speed of low stages and final stages and manga, anime and games dont make a distinction either.

If this is an outlier, its for everyone, not only babies.

In canon, 10-A humans can catch 2-C's with a Pokeball if they wanted.

To ask us to accept the idea that Cleffa is equal to Goat God is ridiculous. Presentation, and common sense understanding of how some Pokémon are to be ranked in comparison to others goes against what you say.

The games make it perfectly clear that mons at the same level can be faster than one another. The anime and everything in this verse contradicts everything. Trying to make rational scaling that keeps the common idea of the purpose of everything in this without omniting obviously stupid things is ridiculous. The only reason you're not comfortable with omitting specific categories of monsters is because the entire concept sounds arbitrary when taken out of context and that it sounds irrational to do it. This ignores the fact that there is rationale behind who gets scaled to this— like we do with any verse. Krillin doesn't scale to SSB Goku, and Pidgey shouldn't be able to contend with a 2-C Arceus, despite it being possible in Canon.

If you're arguing that because many mons have access to specific moves that they get the upgrade, then, again, Flash scaling specifically would make it so that way all mons are equal in speed—- which makes little sense based on the fact that the series itself implies that Legends are far beyond babies.

Come the **** on, mate, it's just stupid to over generalize the scaling for the sake of consistency with logic—- and ignoring the consistency with the series.

I really dislike how nitpicky we are for Pokemon as well. There's really no reason whatsoever for us to take attacks and feats that can be performed by every or a good number of pokemon and only apply it to a few.

I don't think a random comment i made should be used to refer to the entire wiki. We're not nitpicky.

arceus it'a a completly different matter, he's the god of the pokemon multiverse, it's obvius that no pokemon scales to him. anyways I would go with the HHS to MHS rating, it's more concrete and consistent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back