• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible FTL Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew Schroeder said:
I understand that Pokémon used to be really downplayed on this site but now I feel that it is losing itself towards the opposite end.
There isn't anymore downplay for it is there?

That depends on the low ends and high ends. My argument is that babies are not equal in power to Legendaries. Even if the babies were FTL, that just means that Legends have to be ridiculously beyond that. That, and certain statistics make even more inconsistencies— certain mons failing to react to Thundershock while being able to react to Power Gem...? Babies fighting Legends...?

Like, if the Cleffa HHS feat was legit, then I would sooner except that than every baby being FTL due to reacting to Flash, despite everything in the series making it sound ridiculous to assume that babies are FTL of all beings in the verse.

There isn't anymore downplay for it is there?

Not anymore, imo. I'm literally out of upgrades until I can figure out the energy needed to make the planet revolve around the sun (undeterred by gravity). It's a hell of a lot better than when Mewtwo was High 7-A, Arceus was sub-real, and any Pokémon that wasn't a legendary didn't have profiles, including Charizard and even Pikachu.

How about we just stick to our current ratings? You guys are making this speed stuff complicated. Either we accept the FTL stuff or we do not. It's that simple...

You'll get your Bloom Doom. You'll get it.

I can very much drop Flash. Luster Purge and Doom Desire on the other hand are much easier to operate around.

Also, tfw Clefairy and Elgyem have FTL travel.

@Overlord

Seems equally obvious to me that Pidgey doesn't scale to it or any other final evolutions of note. But I would suggest keeping babies at Transonic and everything else at MHS+ and Legends at FTL to MFTL, because there should be a significant gap between monster categories, and it fits with how the verse is presented in terms of how babies should be weaker than basics or adolescents and so on.

If that's too much, then make every baby MHS and everything else At Least MHS, likely far higher due to being stronger than Babies. Though, again, there's direct contradictions between whether or not any mons can dodge lightning— because the show makes it look like both everyone can dodge lightning and no one can.

I mean, Clefairy and Elgem FTL works fine if it's a Pokédex entry, and that makes all completed evolutionary lines FTL. So it preserves the gap. I'm in favor of that.

Genuinely think Babies should be Transonic and everything else can be MHS+ and up. The Cleffa feat isn't legit because it's not clear about them piloting or reacting to anything while traveling st that speed. But I think you're aware of that.

Being honest, since we've been operating on the idea that most mons can dodge each other's attacks- like lightning and sound based moves- it would be inconsistent to say that all Pokémon don't scale to each other— but saying that there is clear gaps in speed is far more consistent with the verse, and I think that's important.

So basically, where they are at now? Like I've been saying for awhile now? Can I close this?

i am cool with FTL Legends. Actually makes sense, given the Ultra Beasts are capable of going through wormholes that travel thousands of lightyears and dimensions away, the Tapu's, who fight against Ultra Beasts, shouldn't be any farther in power than most non-boxart legends with few exceptions if any. Even if the travel to and from places by Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma(?) using wormholes can be explained by Space-Time manipulation, we still can use Luster Purge, Doom Desire, and other light-speed moves to scale from.

The real cal howard said:
No one said anything about Legends tho...
They stay where they are unless you have another reasoning. It'd be even more nitpicking if we only scaled the light based moves to the legends because "lolpowerlevels". Im really against that. Final evolutions can tag legends in every single canon, literally every single canon. Legends only have AP going for them. You cant call that PIS.

@Pachi

Edit: About final evo tagging legends... Are they trained or wild pokémon?

Wild pokemon can tag trained pokemon in general, so unless Im missing something I dont know why we should make a difference. As I said before, AP and speed are mostly based on level, not evolution stage. Pikachu beating Surge's raichu in the anime is an example of how final stages can be slower.

Overlord775 said:
Because the anime it's so consistent
Yeah, it has so many moments of inconsistency since what i posted before was merely a fraction of them.

Again the Pikachu thing is as I stated above and I plan to make a thread on that when time is on my side to make it.

Also what Lephyr said. I have never ever heard of normal pokemon tagging legendaries?

While i have no problems with first well trained pokemon tagging other lower higher stage ones, we should not consider these in the profiles [along with the tagging leggendary thing] in order to maintain consistance with the pages scaling.

Overlord775 said:
because the anime it's so consistent
When it has a logical explanation as to why something happens, its valid. And iirc it was Raichu having evolved too soon and not having learnt the agility moves of the pikachu stage.

I dont know why we make any distinction between the speed of low stages and final stages. Unless you think its logical for a cradily to outspeed anything when its literally a stationiary pokemon. I can buy legends scaling to their own speed feats, I cannot buy legends being the only ones to scale to a feat nearly everyone can make.

Y'all realize I was talking about Legendary signature moves, right? Doom Desire (Jirachi) and Luster Purge (Latios)?

Y'all realize I was talking about Legendary signature moves, right? Doom Desire (Jirachi) and Luster Purge (Latios)?
I realize that. Buf if you want to make the legendaries FTL based on the fact that they can learn light based attacks, I will disagree with it.

Latias not being able to dodge her brother's signature move seems a bit hard to believe, no?
If there are showing of someone dodging or reacting to it in an Anime/Movie [Maybe a calc to prove it's the same speed], then it should support more this belief.

Latias not being able to dodge her brother's signature move seems a bit hard to believe, no?
As hard to believe as Power gem being impossible to dodge by anyone, but that's what we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back