• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible FTL Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was about to post that the move used in the calculation has 100% accuracy and can only be dodged by moves that boost evasion or lower accuracy, but apparently Assaltwaffle had the same idea and beat me to it. Disagree with the upgrade for the reasons he's stated.

Question. How would a pokemon evade Flash, when it's literally just a flash of light? Like, that it illuminates the entire tunnel in one go suggests that it doesn't shoot in just one place but rather, it's omnidirectional.

The pokemon, I think, would need to run over to the horizon where the straight-going flash of light won't bend to chase it to actually be able to dodge it. Unless of course, the pokemon either runs over to a cover, or even just covers its eyes.

It won't mess the scaling that way, and it's more logical to me.

there's also power gem, which is light as stated by the description to be a " ray of light that sparkles as if it were made of gemstones."

They don't necessarily have to dodge it post-firing. They could aimdodge.

Also, it sparkles as if it were made of gemstones. How is that even natural light? It sparkles. Light doesn't sparkle. Things that reflect/fract it do.

I'm also with Assalt, also moves like Scratch and Tackle are seen to be normally dodged in all continuities, but these ones are another thing.

Anyway, this should only scale to fully-evolved or legendaries if we end up acceptig it IMO. This is grossly inconsistent with adolescent mons constantly dodging HHS to MHS attacks.

@Kepekley

Honestly that kind of rationalization isn't really health, imo. You acknowledge that baby mons doing combat at Lightspeed sounds ridiculous, but you ignore their logical ability to do so if this is accepted and instead imply it to the more reasonable fully-evolved mons and Legendaries.

I think picking and choosing scaling further in a verse that is already subject to iffy scaling isn't the best course of action.

Of course it is not the best course of action, but this would contradict our scaling rather harshly if accepted.

Of course, there are other lightspeed moves to take into account, so i guess it would be fine if those are accepted.

Also, kinda can't be aimdodging.

The Pokémon hears your shout first.

You logically don't shout until you know what the move is.

The name of the move is the last thing said before execution.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
15 times used in the anime .
The anime is an inconsistency fest in general since trainers like Ash can react to MHS+ or higher attacks for example and a lot of other things....

Checking Bulbapedia's page on Flash and instances in the anime and adventures manga, it seems only trained pokémon uses the move.

Dodging to the side is an in-game animation and is a game mechanic. Dodging Flash in the anime is performed by proactively closing your eyes to avoid getting blasted by it. In-game even a mostly immobile Metapod can "dodge" it.

Yeah I agree with Gemmy, I always thought it was more to do with aim dodging rather than dodging the actual attack. By aim dodging, it should be possible to dodge light speed attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back