• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible CRT regarding the Virgil Reality Helmet

I was looking over the page for Bubsy, and I must say, I find the key giving him the Virgil Reality Helmet very... confusing.

1. It's never really proven to be capable of destroying the planet or the universe -- that just comes from a bunch of statements. When it was pushed to its limits at the end of the cartoon, it just produced an explosion of smoke and everyone was fine (albeit in a dogpile). So, I think maybe we should remove the keys for universe and planet level Bubsy, and stick an "Unknow, at least 9-A" on there...

2. ...if we keep the helmet there in the first place. You see, Bubsy doesn't even use it for more than a few short scenes, and when he does he isn't exactly shown to be very proficient with it (like when he wished he could fly, but ended up just teleporting everyone high above the ground).

Therefore, I propose this that this Wiki should not only remove the key from Bubsy's page but also create a separate page for either Virgil (the creator of the helmet, who's seen with it on the most like throughout all of Bubsy: Paws on Fire) or the helmet itself.

Agree:

Disagree:

Unsure:

I agree with some of the things here but not all of them.

I do think that Bubsy shouldn't have a different key with it, that makes absolutely no sense in of itself and it should just be an added part of the first key. Something along the lines "9-A. 5-B with Virgil Reality Helmet, possibly 3-A." This becomes more apparent as to the fact it realistically shouldn't amp his durability period.

Them being statements =/= It debunking the potency. While it is true that we do use feats over statements, no feats directly contradict the material the statements give in context.

Using an explosion like this to justify Bubsy not having either of those ratings however, is not a proper reason. Bubsy would do this via Wish Granting rather than a direct attack of sorts if that makes sense AKA Reality Warping (at least with how this Wiki treats it). This really shouldn't be used as an anti-feat. Also, said explosion only happens because Bubsy imagines something far beyond what the helmet can handle intentionally.

The last comment would be false towards the end of the episode, he knew what we needed to short circuit the device and to teleport them back in general. The only reason he doesn't have a ton of scenes with it was for the obvious fact it got stolen and it breaking towards the end. When he's handed it and gets the opportunity, he uses it. At worst, all that would happen is that it would classify under Optional Equipment for Bubsy. It should not be something we ought to remove, rather revise like the original suggestion entailed.

"1. It's never really proven to be capable of destroying the planet or the universe -- that just comes from a bunch of statements. When it was pushed to its limits at the end of the cartoon, it just produced an explosion of smoke and everyone was fine (albeit in a dogpile). So, I think maybe we should remove the keys for universe and planet level Bubsy, and stick an "Unknow, at least 9-A" on there..."

>The feats are done casually. I'm really confused on why people around here keep thinking a casual feat suddenly debunks statements. The person that made the universal statement was the creator of the virgil reality helment making his statement fall under a type 2 statement. Secondly this as I said before, none of the statements goes against the source material. "If the source of the statement is reliable?" ^It's by the creator of the virtual reality helmet himself, it'd be weird for him to randomly overball the limits of his own helmet.

"If the statement conflicts with the story or feats of the character?"

^It doesn't. It's via a helmet, and the narrative literally states it turns imagination into reality.

"If the statement is only valid in the context of its setting, or if it holds up in comparison with other settings?"

^It wasn't in other settings and only in this pilot episode so this doesn't really affect anything.

"2. ...if we keep the helmet there in the first place. You see, Bubsy doesn't even use it for more than a few short scenes, and when he does he isn't exactly shown to be very proficient with it (like when he wished he could fly, but ended up just teleporting everyone high above the ground)."

>Bubsy has it for a good portion of the episode and he shows he knows how to use it. Obviously in character he wouldn't use it to nuke a universe that he exists in since he wouldn't survive it.

"Therefore, I propose this that this Wiki should not only remove the key from Bubsy's page but also create a separate page for either Virgil (the creator of the helmet, who's seen with it on the most like throughout all of Bubsy: Paws on Fire) or the helmet itself."

>I don't see anything wrong with him having it, he's used it as optional equipment and it counts for a second key, not apart of regular arsenal.

Back