• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dante's inferno possibly 3-A

The story of Dante’s Inferno is an adaptation of “The Divine Comedy”, an epic poem written in the Middle Ages by Dante Alighieri. The character we face is Dante, a veteran crusader. Beatrice is her love and he intended to marry her, but before that happens, he goes on a mission with the crusaders. During this mission, Dante commits several atrocities, which lead to a chain of events and consequently to the death of Beatrice. Dante returns home only to find Beatrice's bloodied body and see Lucifer take over her soul and drag her with him to the depths of Hell. Not content with the idea that his only love is destined to suffer for eternity in hell, Dante is willing to redeem himself for his sins and face all of hell to save Beatrice's soul.

These short summary of the underworld are found within the game by talking to Virgil, he explains each place and then these lines are stored in the start menu

Virgil appears to describe the underworld of Dante's inferno as being a Universe

He also says that the underworld is the center of the Universe

Here it mentions an eternal place in hell, I don't know if this is valid for us to consider

Here Lucifer mentions that he will destroy all good things in the Universe, although this could be planets, galaxies, stars, or even the Earth itself.

During the campaign Lucifer mentions that he will destroy the Universe

Agree: @DarkDragonMedeus ,@LordGriffin1000 ,@LordGinSama ,@ProfectusInfinity ,@Killerdrone123,@Boyinluv2002,@Spectra_Schiffer,@G33kedzinx, @AnimesFreak2

Disagree: @Hellbeast and @CorneredHarbor

Neutral:

Last edited:
I'm neutral on this. I definitely agree with there being a universal structure but I'm not sure Lucifer was going to take it out as a whole given how it's worded but I think possibly 3-A could work in my opinion.

Hmm

I've actually thought of this argument myself

My only real issue with Lucifer saying he would destroy the universe is how a few minutes after he says "I will destroy all good in the universe"

Which more so seemed to imply him "destroying the universe" just meant more so actually destroying any good and just making it a misery dark filled place like hell

Also, maybe another piece of supplementary evidence

Take it with a grain of salt

Any implications for how big that dimension that Death created in the first boss fight was?

None that I can think of off the top of my head

The dimension seems like an endless swirling void but that's not enough to say it is
Well, let's see what happens, maybe in the future I can review the whole game and find more evidence, for now let's use what we have, lol

Heavily disagree with this.

For starters Inferno is not it's own seperate universe.
"Not long after my own death, I saw a Mighty One come down and take forth from here a group of ancient shades. Our first parent, his son Abel, Noah, Abraham, and many others. The deep foul valley trembled on all sides, and I thought the universe felt love"
Literally nothing Vergil says here implies Inferno itself is a universe. This quote itself is straight from the poem and has a very different meaning.

"He also says that the underworld is the center of the Universe"
This goes against your premise that Inferno is a universe. As it describes Hell as a location at a specific point in the universe.
Inferno itself is quite literally beneath the Earth's surface. In the poem and the game itself. For starters the Prima guide calls the first part of the game before Dante plunges into Inferno "The Surface" implying Inferno is underneath and the 9th and final circle Treachery is said to be at the centre of earth (this is further supported by the statement that Inferno is in the centre of the universe as in the poem the Earth is in the centre of the universe.)

As for Lucifer's statements. They are all too vague. They seem to imply Lucifer is going to "corrupt" or ruin the universe rather than straight up destroy it.

As for Lucifer's statements. They are all too vague. They seem to imply Lucifer is going to "corrupt" or ruin the universe rather than straight up destroy it.
I agree

The upgrade isn’t great Ad relies heavily on the end of the universe statement while ignoring everything else we get in terms of statements and feats

There is a potential upgrade though, the final circle is frozen over because of Lucifer’s wing beats causing Freezing winds that consumed the section

I agree

The upgrade isn’t great Ad relies heavily on the end of the universe statement while ignoring everything else we get in terms of statements and feats

There is a potential upgrade though, the final circle is frozen over because of Lucifer’s wing beats causing Freezing winds that consumed the section
There is another feat that could land pretty high into Tier 6. When Lucifer lost The War in Heaven he was cast to The Earth so hard he fell to the very centre of The Earth and made a giant hole (which ended up becoming The Inferno) and created Mountain Purgatory on the opposite end.

Heavily disagree with this.

For starters Inferno is not it's own seperate universe.
"Not long after my own death, I saw a Mighty One come down and take forth from here a group of ancient shades. Our first parent, his son Abel, Noah, Abraham, and many others. The deep foul valley trembled on all sides, and I thought the universe felt love"
Literally nothing Vergil says here implies Inferno itself is a universe. This quote itself is straight from the poem and has a very different meaning.

"He also says that the underworld is the center of the Universe"
This goes against your premise that Inferno is a universe. As it describes Hell as a location at a specific point in the universe.
Inferno itself is quite literally beneath the Earth's surface. In the poem and the game itself. For starters the Prima guide calls the first part of the game before Dante plunges into Inferno "The Surface" implying Inferno is underneath and the 9th and final circle Treachery is said to be at the centre of earth (this is further supported by the statement that Inferno is in the centre of the universe as in the poem the Earth is in the centre of the universe.)

In fact, Vergil is talking about himself being in hell, there is no poem here, but rather that he was in fact a soul within hell itself and that God came to get him from hell, along with others, this is made very clear in the game, and the divine comedy book and the game have a lot of difference.

I don't know if he is trolling or distorting things, but he himself makes it very clear that he would shake the earth, leave the world as nothing, in addition to mentioning that he will destroy the Universe, not just once, like twice, he's not gaining something solid but rather a possibly with all these statements, saying it's a poem or hyperbole isn't going to make you refute anything here.

The game itself mentions that hell is at the center of the Universe, it is not below planet Earth, that hole where Dante passes through is just a portal being created for Dante to enter hell itself, just as there are several portals to go to for each cycle from hell.

Last edited:
In fact, Vergil is talking about himself being in hell, there is no poem here, but rather that he was in fact a soul within hell itself and that God came to get him from hell, along with others, this is made very clear in the game, and the divine comedy book and the game have a lot of difference.
They are definitely very different. But that doesen't matter. What Vergil says doesen't imply Inferno itself is a universe. As i already said Vergil himself literally says Inferno is a place at a specific point in the universe (That being Earth) in a quote you provided.

I also gave other statements that prove Inferno is physically under Earth from the Official Guides.

As for Lucifer's statements. I seriously doubt it deserves "possibly" in the profile beacuse of how many possibilities there are. It could range from Multi-Continental all the way to Universal and everything in-between. We should focus on the more concrete feats. Like what Hellbeast suggested.

They are definitely very different. But that doesen't matter. What Vergil says doesen't imply Inferno itself is a universe. As i already said Vergil himself literally says Inferno is a place at a specific point in the universe (That being Earth) in a quote you provided.

I also gave other statements that prove Inferno is physically under Earth from the Official Guides.

As for Lucifer's statements. I seriously doubt it deserves "possibly" in the profile beacuse of how many possibilities there are. It could range from Multi-Continental all the way to Universal and everything in-between. We should focus on the more concrete feats. Like what Hellbeast suggested.
You never provided anything, it was just your speech, if this guide contradicts the work it ceases to be canon, it is clear that the place of hell is in the very center of the Universe and not on earth, the game shows that Vergil was a lost soul who gained salvation from God, he says that hell gained love (which is actually confirmed within the game itself and this supports that the underworld is the size of the Universe, where Lucifer mentions that God controls all of hell)

I'm not making any hyperbole updates, but rather that this is the tier that the verse takes, it is not Multi-Continental

If a guide contradicts the game then the guidebook statement should be disregarded.

If a guide contradicts the game then the guidebook statement should be disregarded.
Except the guides don't contradict anything. Every quote Luffy posted says Inferno is just a part of The Universe. Not a universe in of itself. Vergil clearly refers to Inferno/Hell as a different thing compared to when he is talking about The Universe.

I don't know if he is trolling or distorting things, but he himself makes it very clear that he would shake the earth, leave the world as nothing, in addition to mentioning that he will destroy the Universe, not just once, like twice, he's not gaining something solid but rather a possibly with all these statements, saying it's a poem or hyperbole isn't going to make you refute anything here.

The game itself mentions that hell is at the center of the Universe, it is not below planet Earth, that hole where Dante passes through is just a portal being created for Dante to enter hell itself, just as there are several portals to go to for each cycle from hell.

First of all, the portal thing you mention is your own head canon.

Second of all, Inferno being in the center of the universe doesen't make it a universe.

And finally, Vergil clearly refers to Inferno/Hell as a different thing compared to when he is talking about The Universe. Just look at all the dialouge. When Vergil is talking about Inferno/Hell he refers to it as such. The Universe is the universe everything is in (including Purgatorio and Paradiso).

In short: The Universe=/=Inferno. They are completely different entities.

Last edited:
You haven't proven anything with this, you're just distorting things, Vergil mentions that he was in hell and God himself came to get him, saying that the Universe has never felt such great love, but once, he is clearly referring to hell itself that there is no love there, the things you say are all contradicted by the work itself.

Why was this applied in a way that made this rating a "likely" under Tier/AP/SS/Dura, but only a "possibly" under range?

I saw no-one here critique the range idea in particular. And hell, the whole thread was oriented around the rating being a "possibly", not a "likely".

If I'm reading this right, could this be fixed?

Why was this applied in a way that made this rating a "likely" under Tier/AP/SS/Dura, but only a "possibly" under range?

I saw no-one here critique the range idea in particular. And hell, the whole thread was oriented around the rating being a "possibly", not a "likely".

If I'm reading this right, could this be fixed?
I was just about to make a thread about this. Also why was this thread closed so abruptly? Me and Hellbeast disagreed with the addition and i was in midst of an argument.

Yeah, reading back, it does suck to close the thread in that way, when the two agrees from staff were before counterarguments were made.

Last edited:
Yeah, reading back, it does suck to close the thread in that way, when the two agrees from staff were before counterarguments were made.
The counter-arguments were very bad, lack of evidence on their side, apart from the fact that it had already been more than 24 hours.

Back