• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Further Gear 5th Ability Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm talking about VSBW classifications of ability, not in-universe classifications of ability.

A character can be stated to only have one power (I.e., being "psychic") in-universe, but depending on their feats we could list them with multiple abilities on the profile such as telepathy, telekinesis, etc.

I'm talking about VSBW classifications of ability, not in-universe classifications of ability.

A character can be stated to only have one power (I.e., being "psychic") in-universe, but depending on their feats we could list them with multiple abilities on the profile such as telepathy, telekinesis, etc.
ohh ye I know but I'm asking about it's main abilities for the fruit... Not what luffy does with the fruit

So you agree that it's not just Toon force...? Do you disagree/agree with the reality warping aspect?

Luffy already has Subjective Reality on his profile. Is this thread about replacing that with Toon Force, or just adding Toon Force to the profile?

assuming from tempest likes and implication of the op that it's just toon force or reality warping and toon force but could be wrong

Guess have to wait for tempest proposition

You know Gear 5th amplifies his rubber control in his body right?
yes...? Since he is more of that zoan...
1044-005.png

So why would the form, which enhances his powers, enhancing his size expansion powers not explain this?
not sure what your trying to say or connect to but at this point it doesn't even matter

Luffy can float and he doesn't do it for comedy or anything... Just something he wants to do

To be fair the toon force page should also be updated to reflect what it's truly capable of since the ability in some cases can be used for different things than effecting reality in a "comedic" way. (Note: Not saying this is the case for G5 but there's a lot of general cases for this like the Mask for example.)

Toon force doesn't necessarily need to be funny or comedic in nature, hence why I think the page needs an update.

Why I also prefer reality warping to be it’s main ability over the other 2 is because we have someone else with a similar statement of denying common sense which wouldn’t count as subject reality or toon force but would instead be limited reality warping
バクバクの実
超人系

現能力者
ワポル

あらゆる物を食し取り込み合成する力

木や鉄であろうが、本来人間が食せない物を食べ、エネルギーに変えられるようになる不思議な力。あらゆる物を

食べられる口は、食事の際は常識を超えたサイズに広がる。食した物は体内で血となり肉となる。大砲を食べれば体から大砲が生え、木を食べれば一部の体組織が植物へと変化してしまう。まさに食べれば食べるほど力を増す能力である。

さらに、食べる事で力を取り入れるだけではなく、食べた物を体内で合成し吐き出す事も可能。2人の人間を食べ1人の兵士として合体させたり、鉄の廃材と犬を食べ、全く新しい生物を生み出した例も確認されている。また現能力者のワポルは、様々なスクラップを食し合成させる事で、新合金"ワポメタルを生み出した。

The power to eat and synthesize everything

A mysterious power that allows humans to eat things that humans cannot eat, such as wood or iron, and turn them into energy. everything

食べられる口は、食事の際は常識を超えたサイズに広がる。

When eating, the mouth that can eat expands to a size that exceeds common sense. The food you eat turns into blood and becomes meat in your body. If you eat a cannon, a cannon will grow from your body, and if you eat a tree, some of your body tissues will turn into plants. It is an ability that increases in strength the more you eat.

Last edited:
I agree. Luffy also has a feat for turning his hair into a sunglass (or creating a sunglass from nothing). It seems that in Egghead Oda decided to make the question of whether or not Luffy has a comic book characters abilities very clear to everyone.

Defying common sense just means it's ridiculous, not that Wapol is a reality warper.
Not true, this doesn't seem like that at all… transcending/going beyond common sense is defying reality/physics

That translation is only about how the devil fruit works, not what/how other people think of it
食べられる口は、食事の際は常識を超えたサイズに広がる。
The edible mouth expands to a size beyond common sense when eating.
The mouth that can be eaten expands to a size that exceeds common sense when eating.
The edible mouth expands to a size beyond recognition when eating.
The edible mouth expands to a size beyond conventional wisdom when eating.
this will just countine to derail with nitpicks or something, it doesn't matter to the main point of why I consider Luffy's ability to be more in line with reality warping

Even The mask who is similar to luffy, in the ways that it's an actual ability you can get, has it also

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back