• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Further Gear 5th Ability Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
The only thing is that, is it toon force or is it reality warping that basically just mimics toon force?

Luffy's one is an actual ability in the verse and not something just given to him by the creator as a comedic effect if that makes sense

I honestly thought we already had this on his profile, look at how the dude fights in literally every battle.

Kaido literally said "This dude fights like a cartoon character".

Iirc there's also another Kaidou statement about Gear 4 (A lesser form.) wasn't abiding by the laws of physics that rubber does. I.E bending and changing trajectory.

(About time, luffy solo yo fav verse now 🥱🥱)
Luffy when my favorite verse is Cthulu Mythos
LAfzggk.png

I agree completely, still crazy that people were arguing it's just his rubber powers to the max.

Also, of we are asking for the toon force potency, it's irl level, here's the proof:

I think Subjective Reality settles the deal, especially if the above scans presented by MonkeyOfLife are to be taken as valid and reliable.
Also, I believe Saturn's attack was meant to explode from the start and not Luffy's doing, he thought it was simple poison while it was probably Saturn trying to deceive him.

Also, I believe Saturn's attack was meant to explode from the start and not Luffy's doing, he thought it was simple poison while it was probably Saturn trying to deceive him.
Yeah, this... Luffy himself was surprised that they exploded

luffy not knowing they explode and was able to reflect them is another power of his gear 5 ability... It not exploding on contact with him, is him bending reality to his will since he imagined they were poison balls

I think Subjective Reality settles the deal, especially if the above scans presented by MonkeyOfLife are to be taken as valid and reliable.
uhh no... Subjective Reality is to bring fiction/unreality to reality or the opposite...
It allows the user to induce reality to what is fiction, fantasy or imaginary, bringing them into existence, as well as turning facts, entities and events into unreality, vanishing them as if they were a mere dream or illusion.
Changing/warping reality is also what luffy does, like making lightning grabbable, melt away his body parts and put them back, able to run and float in the air or make others look like pizza. Also the thing I mentioned above
The ability to change reality into how the person in question sees fit, while ignoring the rules of science. Users can alter any item already considered real.
All of existence bends to the imagination of a reality warper. Users can rewrite the laws of physics and then change them back in an instant, universes can bend to the will of a reality warper.
Literally what luffy does and is stated to do

Last edited:
I agree with the Toon Force interpretation over the Reality Warping one. I believe the evidence speaks for itself regarding the tone. Which seems to be consistent with the fact Oda based Luffy’s power set around old cartoon rubber hose physics, and that spells out clearly to me at least that he’s supposed to be very Saturday morning cartoony.

"...manipulating reality or bypassing physical laws of nature in order to achieve impossible feats for comedic effects. The users bend reality in such a way to make situations 'Comedic' and 'Funny'."

This is literally what Gear 5 does, agree FRA.

so... When luffy is serious and turns into a giant, how is that toon force..? No comedy involved or anything

Who said Luffy turning into a giant was Toon Force?
that is from his gear 5 ability which you said was toon force
toon force doesn't have to always be comedic...
I think it kinda does
is an ability that refers to characters manipulating reality or bypassing physical laws of nature in order to achieve impossible feats for comedic effects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back