• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Portgas D Ace Re-Tiering

Right now, Portgas D Ace from the anime One Piece is labeled as a 7-B.

I respectfully disagree on one account. Although keep in mind this discussion will not contain fancy equations or powerscaling, so if you are going to argue with me through equations, then I will plead ignorance as math and I never got along.

http://youtu.be/vY4LdYjNEg8 Timestamp: 14:00

Here, Portgas D. Ace strongest attack clashed and lit half the island on fire. This makes me think that he is at least 7-A or maybe, MAYBE a very low 6-C

This is an island here and he just lit half of it ablaze clashing with someone elses attack. This means his attack potency is probably beyond a city and probably closer to a small island or at the very least a mountain/large city.

And this scene also happens in the manga as well, see Chapter 441.

And this is not taking into account of his feat of roasting a fleet of ships, so I am fairly confident he is a 7-A and he should be re ranked. I am not going to harp on him being a 6C, although it could be possible. But I feel he is a solid 7-A without too much speculation.

That scene also happened in the manga too. It was a direct adaptation, no filler was added here.

Why would he need a calculation if Marco and Vista are also ranked 7A? Even if you use powerscaling, which I absolutely dread, you can come to the same conclusion that Ace is on their level.

Like, Is it a rule to have a calculation done on feats on attack potency?

if he can be powerscaled to them then yea he can be upgraded

not every single feat needs calculated, just the feats that are very hard to get a value from just by looking at the feat

Fair enough. If I came off as rude, my apologies. As a one piece fan, It was a little jarring to see that rank. Again, my apologies.

well you are free to change the page accordingly with a explantion on how he powerscales to Marco and Vista, and you could also mentioned the feat you showed me

the only other thing ill mention on this is that for this to have not already been included on his profile is really,really strange.Feat wise I mean, it's hard to look at Ace's profile and not immediately think of his fight with blackbeard, and it's been like 5 years since it happened, there has to be a reason this wasn't already there.

I have a sneaky suspicion theres a calc somewhere which says it wasn't mountain level.

LordAizenSama said:
the only other thing ill mention on this is that for this to have not already been included on his profile is really,really strange.Feat wise I mean, it's hard to look at Ace's profile and not immediately think of his fight with blackbeard, and it's been like 5 years since it happened, there has to be a reason this wasn't already there.
I have a sneaky suspicion theres a calc somewhere which says it wasn't mountain level.
Sadly there was a calc of it http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=11751 it seems very low-balled but nevertheless. But this would also change Jinbei's Stats up because he's scaled from Ace and you can't really scale from Marco or Vista because the Commanders aren't in Ranking order at all they all have different levels of Strength Marco is most likely the strongest one though however there should be a ballpark range

Keep in mind that there was a second division commander before Ace, and that everyone didn't get ranked up from that, so the commanders obviously aren't ordered; Ace himself suggest Teach should go for the position. Marco, Jozu, and Vista have likely been with Whitebeard the longest, that's why they lead the lowest numbered divisions, and are the strongest.

There was a calc for the feat, but seeing as it didn't visibly damage anything, it was treated as expansion of air (which it technically is) which isn't a super energetic process, even on this scale. It came to 3 and a half kilotons.

Back