• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Portgas D. Ace and Teach additions

@KingTempest what you think about the forcefield stuff everything else?
1003.5-043.png
1003.5-044.png

Definitely forcefield

Remove the supernatural willpower stuff involving Haoshoku, but the other justifications would be fine.

This is even better for heat and fire resistance. He grabbed the flame spears with his bare hands.

Ice Manip resistance is a no. That's just an application of the gura ability. Anyone else who has that should get it deleted.

That's actually a forcefield, so I agree with the ability being added via Flame Fence.

Teach's scan shows him still suffering from touching the spear, so he is enduring pain, not resisting heat.
It's a good stamina feat, tho.

On a second thought, I agree that isn't resistance to Ice, but maybe you can call it unconventional resistance to status effect inducement, if we want to label freezing as a status effect.

Right, but in turn it means he isn't being burned because his darkness absorbs the fire, which is different from his skin being impervious to heat.

Can't that be just a stylistic choice that changed later in time? Because Teach explicitly refers to his darkness absorbing Ace's fire, just like it would do with bullets, blades etc...

Can't that be just a stylistic choice that changed later in time? Because Teach explicitly refers to his darkness absorbing Ace's fire, just like it would do with bullets, blades etc...
Nope, because we see it absorb with the specific black darkness prior.

He only absorbs when he creates that darkness, he doesn't passively absorb or anything, so when the darkness isn't shown, he's not absorbing it

Ok then, and sorry if I keep dragging it, but do we see Teach's hands not being burned? Because he might have suffered from fire, while still enduring higher pain.

How consistently are Ace's opponents depicted as having burns after being hit by his flames?
Because that might just be Oda not drawing burns on characters, and then every person who fought Ace would have resistance to heat.

But even then, I'd say Teach's resistance should ultimately be minor, because we have many instances of him suffering from the heat, regardless of the pain being amplified by the devil fruit.

Yeah, I'm not really seeing a lot here in favor of Resistance to Fire for Blackbeard. Just because he isn't burnt to a crisp after every fire attack doesn't mean he's withstanding them thanks to a special resistance.

Back