• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Upgrades

Warning: This is from the newest episode of the Pokemon Sun and Moon anime. By any chance some here actually watch it, and want to watch the episode on their own first, do not come to this thread until you've watched it. Now as for who is getting upgraded.....lets begin.

AP Upgrades

Proposed Tier:

• Likely or Flat out 4-B, Solar System level
Who should be upgraded:

• Base Necrozma
  • Dusk Maine Necrozma
  • Dawn Wings Necrozma
  • Solgaleo
  • Lunala
  • Tapu Koko
  • Tapu Fini
  • Tapu Bulu
  • Tapu Lele
  • All other Ultra Beasts
  • Maybe Sivally
Who Isnt getting upgraded:

• Any legendary that isn't apart of the mentioned, so leave them out of here please. Period. Under no circumstances should legendaries that aren't apart of the named ones be discussed here. They definitely aren't getting this (if accepted). Bringing this up before getting to the topic since it seemingly keeps popping up here and we need to drop it to make this thread smooth as possible.

Why should the named pokemon be upgraded?
Was just getting to this. So for those who did watch the new episode of Pokemon S/M, or for those who just don't care and came here anyway, Necrozma finally makes its debut in the anime series and there's some stuff between its connection with Solgaleo and Lunala that may give much more support for the latter 2 scaling toward Ultra Necrozma's tier of 4-B. A thread for this was made earlier but it seems to be moving quite slowly (it may just be me, but I feel this should be better detailed, so im remaking it myself). I've made a very detailed reply to this on why I think they should be upgraded and I'd appreciate it if you look at it before replying here. I'll be posting screenshots from the episode of what was said and done so everyone gets all the in's and outs. That being said, lets get er done.

What happened in the episode:
So in the newest episode, Lillie talks to Ash and friends about one of Necrozma's legends, which particularly has Solgaleo and Lunala playing a special part in it. It's as followed:

Obvious info here. Ultra Necrozma shines forth and gives light to the Pokemon World (and the worlds throughout Ultra Space as well):

Necrozma feat

This light of Ultra Necrozma's has a mysterious power (Z-Power most likely) and as a result the Alola Region is born. That last part, and context, strongly implies the Alola region itself was born from the light of Ultra Necro, so this could at least be Life Creation hax, if not flat out Creation:

Necrozma feat (2)

Self-explanatory, though "long" may be pushing it because of the very next scan. Necrozma loses its light and falls asleep:

Necrozma feat (3)

Necrozma feat (4)

Solgaleo and Lunala show up & decide to be pals (Universal sensing???) and share some of their light energy with Necrozma to make him Ultra Necrozma again. Without getting possessed. This is the most important part that i'll cover below:

Necrozma feat (5)

With its true form back again, Ultra Necrozma decides to hit the road back into Ultra Space (without a thank you?? Geez, no wonder the other 2 hate it ovo):

Necrozma feat (6)

Necrozma feat (7)

And in this scan, Solgaleo and Lunala appear to be completely fine, not drained/weakened, after sharing their light with Necrozma. Casual? Nah. But definitely not struggling while doing this:

Necrozma feat (8)

My Opinion:
For Solgaleo and Lunala's part here, this is the same as the games only they're not having their light forcibly stolen from Necrozma this time. Both of them are sharing their light here to make Necrozma whole again. This is a blatent energy transference feat, basically the same as when Vegeta and co, gave their energy to Goku to make him strong enough to beat broly. Probabaly not the best example but it was on my mind. Because both are combining shared light and giving it to Necrozma, this is definitely an adding of energies together to fully restore Necrozma to Ultra Necrozma again. Meaning, both Solgaleo and Lunala would have to be 4-B each here (lower end of it individually of course) to provide the energy to restore Necrozma's form. So, as far as I go, I believe this is a perfect case of them each being 4-B.

How would the named Pokemon be affected by this?:
Base Necrozma is self-explanatory. In fact, the anime adds more by showing it off as more battle-hungry than in the games as Base Necrozma goes on a high-speed chase after Solgaleo and Lunala in Ultra Space and can beat them around. If Base becomes 4-B, then of course the Dawn and Dusk forms get upscaled from that. Anyway, if Solgaleo and Lunala both become 4-B, then the Tapu are effected since they can fight the former in battle for a while (before losing). If wanting to be on the safe side, we can always put a Possibly/Likely for the Tapu. After the Tapu, we'd get to the Ultra Beasts who can fight (and defeat?) the Tapu in battle. The UB's would get at least a Likely if this is accepted.

Now as for Sivally...im not exactly sure for him. IDK if the last time we decided to put these guys at tier 4 Sivally became a part of the club. Seeing as he was made to defeat UBs, he should be able to defeat at least common ones like Buzzwole, who'd be 4-B if this was to be accepted. Im not sure for him so I put maybe. This can be discussed later.

EDIT: Thanks to Lephyr posting these scans here , Sivally definitely scales to the UB's 4-B (if accepted).

But again, all of this is only for the Gen 7 guys. We are not applying this to any other legendary and I gurantee almost all of us here would agree on that notion. For the rest of this, this is just some other stuff I think could be added in too.

Speed
Now, its obviously no secret that the Gen 7 guys are MFTL+. This is already accepted and the justifications prove so. However, there's only one tid bit of a problem with the justifications. They are generalized. Majorly. To put this in perspective, while it's obvious that crossing an X amount of light years in seconds is MFTL+, to what actual degree of speed is totally unknown. For all we know, these guys could be as low in the billions to as high in the Quintillions. And like ive tried for 2+ threads to note out, we don't have a speed calc for these guys. Given the mechanics of the Ultra Space traveling, as they give us a pretty solid specific estimate of light years traveled, it should be extremely easy to make a small tid bit of math for these guys. Even im able to and im not a calc guy. I'll share with you what I did but since this isn't an official blog or calc, I just want an opinion on it. If it's simple enough, we can just slap it in here. If not, we (or I) can make a blog for it and get it evaluated the usual way. Okay, here's what I did:

• I wanted to find the very highest number of Light Years we players are able to travel in Ultra Space in the USUM games to get something notable but I was never able to find anything that said the highest. Endless light year traveling in-game? Maybe, but too speculative and it'd obviously be wank to say like 100000000000 light years just to try and give these guys a ridiculous speed value. So to be on the safe side, I took the LY number from Darkanine's calc as the highest number of LY's we can definitely travel while in Ultra Space. That would be 13,954 Light Years.
  • 1 Light Year = 5.879x10^12, or 5,879,000,000,000 trillion miles. Since the scan from the game said it was 13,954 LY's, that would = 8.20303x10^16, or 82,030,300,000,000,000 Quintillion miles. I can be incredibly wrong about this, so bear with me as im not a calc person, but since we accepted Solgaleo and Lunala traveling these many light years in seconds, I plugged in numbers on a online speed calculator using seconds with reasonable ends. The high end is 5, the mid end is 10, and the low end is 15. From that calculator, these are results that I got in the order of ends:
High end

Mid-end

Low-end

Is any of this right? I don't know. Is any of this wrong? Again, I do not know. I am not a calc person. But because my question of making calcs for these guys went dead everytime, I felt I needed to at least try and attempt at it. I could care less if none of that is legit in the end. All I ask is for this to be discussed and considered please. Finally, to end this thread, we get to hax

Hax:
Nothing really major and I said it before but i'll say so again

• Ultra Necrozma likely having Creation or Life Creation. When it spreaded its light, Lillie in that context specifically said the Alola Region was born from it.
  • Universal/Multiversal energy sensing for all of the Light Trio. Base Necrozma in the beginning of the episode was sleeping in an unknown universe and the very instant it woke from slumber, Solgaleo and Lunala arrvied from Ultra Wormholes to confront it. Without sensing on this level it'd be impossible for them to locate Necro.
That does it for the overall changes. Please give your thoughts on everything here.

We don't know enough about the context of Solga/Luna meeting Necrozma in order to put an ability on that.

The rest seems fine, I'd rather wait and see what the big Pokémon guys have to say about this.

@Saikou

Good, remaking this with more stuff and detail was the better option. For the sensing ability, im willing to wait on that but may I ask what you doubt about it? If you need scans I can post this too, Solga/Luna both came from Ultra Space the moment Base Necro awakened from his sleep. We can wait on this, but wouldn't sensing activity beyond the Ultra Wormholes be at least universal+ sensing?

I'm only gonna comment about the 4-B thing. (because I'm to lazy ovo) They do seem fine after giving it their energy but, creating the region and giving light to the world wasted all it's energy. They should have been tiered from refilling it's energy unless they have more than it does.

I down with Creation tho.

To be fair here, both of them having at least equally as much light as Ultra Necro, combined , doesn't sound absurd.

Remember, Necrozma when it possessed these guys to become Ultra Necro only used one of them, not both at once. Solgaleo in US and Lunala in UM. So both Solgaleo and Lunala being able to revive the light dragon together without being tired makes sense in this aspect.

This is how I see this though.

Alright then.

Stupid question. What's the 4-B feat again?, I'm tiered as hell right now.

The universal sensing seems alright but I haven't kept up with Pokemon so I'm not sure if they just don't have a connection with each other.

No lol your good.

The 4-B feat is Ultra Necrozma lighting up the universe and other universes throughout Ultra Space with its light.

Ok.

I'm ok with the 4-B and Hax but will wait for more input about the speed before saying anything.

Seems good...

By the way, in USUM it's Necrozma who summon the Ultra Beasts in Alola

Shouldn't Necrozma have the ability "summoning "?

LordGriffin1000 said:
Ok.
I'm ok with the 4-B and Hax but will wait for more input about the speed before saying anything.
This im 1000% okay with. I really wanted to try applying math to these guys so we could get at least some degree of MFTL+ for them instead of just saying "oh, they cross x lightyears in seconds, so MFTL+!"

But because im not a calc person, I have no idea at all if those speed results are okay. I need that to be discussed if it's questionable.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Arceus0x said:
you were right about the upgraded thread lol. GIMMIE SUM CREDIT THO!
I did say a thread about this was made before ovo
i hope this gets accepted and then some normal legendary pokemon fights a tapu or a ub and we get an upgrade for every pokemon uwu

Well so far we have 4 people agreeing with this.

2 staff (Saikou and LordG)

3 non-staff (Myself, Neo and Arceus)

Cal should be here soon to tell us what he thinks of this and if he gives the A-ok, then maybe we should be good to apply the changes.

BTW, does anyone have thoughts on those speed results I got? Even the low end is in the Quintillions of FTL. Just want someone to give me a sign of it being legit or nonsense.

Hmmm... I'd say that Base Necro still had some light, Base Necro= Solgaleo/Lunala via games and Solgaleo+Lunala+Base Necro=Ultra Necro via anime, meaning that Solgaleo/Lunala are probably a bit less than a third of Ultra Necro's power, which is at least a bit more consistent IMO. But yes, I don't see any particular big problem with the two being 4-B.

Tapus should completely scale, UBs too (remember that Nihilego legit tanked an attack from Solgaleo/Lunala in SM). I'm unsure about Sylvally, maybe Eather foundation underrated the UBs? Sylvally doesn't have any real feat to put him there except some vague statements, so maybe it's better if we don't scale him.

You're going to get more luck asking on the walls of calc members for the speed thing.

Life creation seems good, but not the sensing thing via Saikou's reasons.

Well from what Lillie says here, Base Necro didn't have any light left. At the very best, it'd probably still have light left but just amounts that aren't signifigant. But yeah more or less your right on that.

I'll leave Sivally up to the majority because his situation is a bit more complicated.

"In PASM19, Gladion appeared at Po Town, where he found that Guzma had summoned multiple Ultra Beasts to attack the Trial Captains and Hau. Type: Null was sent out to battle the beasts and did so with ease due to its nature as a Pokémon created specifically for battling Ultra Beasts." - Source.

I found the pages, though only in spanish. I will upload them shortly.

Why is it being doubted that much? Even in the games, Type: Null did fight and defeat a Nihilego 1v1, with Gladion specifically saying that it's made to fight them.

Capture 2018-08-24-21-47-59
Easily splits a beam from Celesteela

Capture 2018-08-24-21-48-43
Engages Pheromosa and Guzzlord at the same time

Capture 2018-08-24-21-49-45
And sends both flying

Capture 2018-08-24-21-50-26
Explains that is thanks to Type:Null's nature as a beast killer

Other than Saikou and Cal, who have done speed calcs before, IDK anyone from the calc group. Never really interacted with them. Could you message some to come here Lephyr?

I thought about that before plugging those numbers in and I became very confident that it would just be game mechanics. That, or just comparing our real life time with that of the games isn't really a great thing to do for obvious reasons.

Plus, it says on their pages that they can travel those distances in seconds so thats why I did 5-15 as reasonable estimates.

I mean, the profile can just be wrong.

If we have an actual way to determine time, we should use it imo, instead of making assumptions.

Also, I believe the game runs on our real time, thanks to the day/night cycle being sync'd with the console's clock.

The latter part is only half right, the games time can be changed whenever the consoles time can be changed IIRC, which be changed to anything we want. Thats even more of a reason why using real life time sounds faulty in my opinion.

Plus, we have to take into account the game mechanics surrouding the traveling part of the mini-game. Those energy/electric spears can either speed up or speed down travel depending on which is hit along the way, so the timeframe of traveling through Ultra Space can be messy because of this mechanic.

Oh, this reminds me! Necrozma travelled the distance from Alola to Ultrapolis (or whatev' it's called ovo) by the time the player had finished talking with the ultraspace/power rangers and gone there with Lunala/Solgaleo. We could use that one.

Why is this so hard to calc again?

In-game, the time needed to reach a location depends on how far you get. Just try and see how much time in-game it takes to reach a certain amount of lightyears and roll with it.

@Saikou

That's what I was proposing.

But there is also this:

The clip.

High end= Necrozma got to Ultrapolis just as he stole Alola's light (around 2 seconds)

Low end= Necrozma got there as they finished talking (1 minute, 55 seconds)

-

Edit: In this video it takes 1:35 minutes for Lunala to reach 2,350 LY.

Back