• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Upgrades

@Saikou

I agree, it makes it less cluttered and if anyone has doubts a thread can be made later to address it.

@Neo

Is that negating a specififc resistance? If so, what? And wouldn't the bottom ability be limited power nulling?

Okay I finished editing Solgaleo, Lunala, Sivally and the Tapu so all thats left are all the UB's (sans Poipole).

I have to make dinner now (and im hungry) so would anyone else want to finish the edits for me? If not, it can wait til afer im done?

Wait a minute, I just realized...

Since the Ultra Space Ride mini-game in USUM pretty much confirmed we travel by LS while in Ultra Space, couldnt we actually use the traveling feat from the 1st S/M games to get an even higher speed feat? Niheligo (idk how its spelled) has the farthest world away than the other UBs, at 3454 LY's from Lephyr's video.

In the first s/m games, Solgaleo and Lunala travel to that world in a matter of seconds. Like 5/6 seconds at the latest.

The UB worlds are random. Guzzlord, Celesteela or whatever UB could also be found at 3545 LY. Same with Nihilego appearing at the 1432 mark. That's why I proposed the average in the first place.

However, we could use the S/M feat to get a higher result. I mean, the 17 seconds featured a jump cut and possible cinematic timing as well, so it could be lower. I just prefer to be safe. I will search the S/M scene and count the seconds, but I doubt it will get anything higher than 6 sec.

Nevermind. It took exactly 10 seconds from the moment Solgaleo entered the portal to when he appeared in the UB world. So it won't change much from the final value.

Edit: Just use the scene as extra justification to Solgaleo/Lunala.

That's...weird.

Because if you go to this video of the play through, at 5:24 to 5:29, Lunala in her case gets to that UB world in exactly 5 seconds. So maybe the video you had just had a longer black screen?

BTW, added the manga scans and anime clip as well as a bit more justification to Silvally's page.

Edit: You didn't linked the video xP but with 5 seconds, it goes up to 15,706,491,006c

now guys, we have to look out for any fight between legendary pokemon and UB's/tapus. if this happens there can be more upgrades. i dont know where to find the latest poke-manga so if anybody has acess to it plz tell me if sth like that happens.

I don't agree with Zygarde scaling to this. At least not yet. In the manga it is highly, if not guaranteed, for him to fight UBs directly instead of relying on a single line. Until then, I would hold on with the upgrade for him.

Guys, leave Zygarde and the others out like I said please. I specifically mentioned that only the Gen 7 Legendaries are getting this upgrade until further notice.

@Dark

My bad, I only kept talking because of the possible better speed feat. If its not that notable, then we don't have anything else to talk about here.

Because Poipole (its pre-evo) is only as strong as regular mons, and Nagandel itself didn't recieve Necrozma-induced boosts that the other UBs did.

Being perfectly honest, the 4-B feat we currently scale Necrozma to doesn't hold up very well, under further inspection. We assumed its light filled an entire universe, but now, the show is giving us even more reason to believe Necrozma was providing light for individual planets, which is what "world" seems to imply, in this case.

Genuinely kinda surprised that seemed to be entirely ignored, here.

Wasn't it agreed on lighting the universe because Ultra Wormholes connect to other universes entirely? (And Rainbow Rocket stuff, I think)

The only problem I have are the assumed timeframes being used to justify giving them new abilities. It states Necro's entered a "long, deep slumber", and that the Duo appeared to share light with it. Nowhere does it say "they sensed he was in trouble and appeared shortly after to help". It also doesn't really work as a 4-B feat for them since no timeframe is given for their restoration of Necrozma's power. Saying that "long may be pushing it" with no reason to believe that isn't something I can get behind.

They shared light with it and it recovered from the "long, deep slumber", so either they didn't appear immediately to help or it took them a while to restore Necro. It's noteworthy that they weren't tired after helping Necrozma, but to say they did it in any short amount of time is an assumption with no basis so I personally can't support it. Using the story to facilitate an upgrade but ignoring key points of it to inflate results isn't right, even if it's not intentional here. If someone else has a reason to assume it was a short timeframe then I'll concede fairly easily, but otherwise I'm in disagreement with that part.

Other than that I have nothing to say. Looks fine but I'm hardly a Pokemon expert so listening to me on this issue isn't exactly a necessity.

As far as the anime goes, I actually don't think that is the case (and I previously had a feeling this would come up so let me say something about this.)

The reason why the anime shows it seemingly more for planets than universes (not even that 100% since in the scans Necrozma's light, that makes a green coloring, is going up into space too) is because no one in the show even knows that Necrozma provided light for the other worlds throughout Ultra Space too as opposed to just theirs. To them, they only think their world got light instead of the other ones, which doesn't mess anything up. Heck, the only reason why we were ever able to gain that knowledge in the 1st place was because the Ultra Recon Squad specifically provided that info to us in the games and they don't exist in the anime world (not yet at least since Necrozma just debuted in the anime). So this should be taken as Necrozma providing light to all the universes like in USUM, including the main one with Alola, instead of just to the planet.

Plus, "appearing on Earth" doesn't exactly mean anything against this either.

@VL

The 1st Paragraph isn't where the Cosmic Awareness comes from (not only anyway). In the beginning of the episode, Base Necrozma in a different universe wakes up from slumber and Solgaleo and Lunala instantly appear from Ultra Space to confront it.

The 2nd paragraph has nothing to do with my post at all. I never said anything about Solgaleo and Lunala sharing light quickly with Necrozma, I said Necrozma probabaly wasnt sleeping as much as Lillie made out since she says "then the emissnarys appear" which I said probabaly for, not definite. In fact, saying they took a while to restore him and still get tired actually makes them more impressive.

@Kukui If there's more evidence for cosmic awareness then it should stay.

Though I'm still not certain that's evidence for 4-B, as taking longer to perform a feat shouldn't give them results as high as performing it in a shorter time period. If the timeframe were confirmed as short it would work as a 4-B feat, and were it longer it'd work as a stamina feat for their energy output, but as it is now there isn't a timeframe and assuming short doesn't seem to have any real backing. I'd say a longer timeframe has no evidence either so I'm not arguing for it one way or the other, just saying we don't know for sure either way.

Again, saying the slumber was probably shorter doesn't really fit when the narrator says "long, deep slumber" and nothing contradicts it. I still can't agree with that part, cosmic awareness seems fine to add/keep.

VindictiveLoser said:
@Kukui If there's more evidence for cosmic awareness then it should stay.
Though I'm still not certain that's evidence for 4-B, as taking longer to perform a feat shouldn't give them results as high as performing it in a shorter time period. If the timeframe were confirmed as short it would work as a 4-B feat, and were it longer it'd work as a stamina feat for their energy output, but as it is now there isn't a timeframe and assuming short doesn't seem to have any real backing. I'd say a longer timeframe has no evidence either so I'm not arguing for it one way or the other, just saying we don't know for sure either way.
But again, none of this has to do with why Solgaleo and Lunala are 4-B. .

@Cal @Kukui In that case I apologize, I misunderstood. I assumed their tier upgrade was entirely due to sharing light with Necrozma over a short period of time. It also slipped my mind they'd likely be far below Necro regardless so sorry about that, still getting used to tiering here and vs debating using this method.

Your only half right on that.

The feat for them isn't sharing their light with Necrozma quickly or for a while. It's them sharing their light with Necrozma at all that makes them 4-B. Solgaleo and Lunala's light is required for Necrozma to regain the power of it's original form, Ultra Necrozma, who is 4-B and here they are able to provide that much power for Necrozma without tiring or struggle. No one is arguing they did this in a short or long time period. We were arguing if doing this at all meant 4-B for them and we agreed it was.

Back