• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Upgrades

(Just realized Ultropolis is the spanish name for the place, lol. It's called Ultra Megalopolis.)

I don't think there is, no. Or at least, it doesn't say in bulbapedia.

However, the thing is, as far as the 13,954 LY one goes, I don't know where in the world Darkanine got that scan from that varifies the timeframe. So if we want to use this one, we'll still need to make a reasonable assumption in the time it took Solga/Luna to travel that distance.

Same. Someone must've really had a lot of time on their hands lol.

Like I said, im guessing the game allows for you to travel an endless amount of LY's in Ultra Space since there's no source that says what the LY cap is. But its wankish to try and apply large amount of LY's with no real basis just because we want the Gen 7 guys to be ridiculously fast. At least the one from Darkanines calc gives us a good LY amount.

Again, the amount of LY depends on how much you traveled. More LY = bigger timeframe, so the speed remains the same.

Of course you'd use a calc site with Cal in the name ovo Could that however be used as a low end? I know making more could be pushing it but since we know 13,954 LY is definitely able to be traveled in the game, we could use math to make a high end off of that with a bigger timeframe.

Found this video searching some of the distances where UBs worlds are. The furthest one was at 1,432 LY, the farthest at 3,545.

Why is this important? Because some of them travelled those distances in a few seconds, from the moment Dusk Mane/Dawn Wings Necrozma opened the wormholes.

We could also use that one for the speed.

Calc it, Cal! ovo

Thanks for the help, BTW.

Edit: Finally got to comment it, jeez. Been trying for quite a while, lol.

Edit 2: This could be used as the high-end.

I legit thought my Internet was dead lol.

Anyway, we can wait for Cal or someone else but I plugged those numbers you got from the vid in and got speeds that were at or even above Quntillions. Shown here:
IMG 20180825 011939292
Btw, I used 3 seconds and the number I put in for distance is the 3545 LYs converted to miles since this site of mine doesnt have a LY option. So is the site I used wrong, did I plug in the wrong stuff??

(I actually counted the seconds from the moment Necrozma opened the wormholes to the moment the first UB appeared)

So, it took around 17 seconds for a UB to travel either 1,432 or 3,545 LY.

Using Cal's calculator we get:

Low-High end (1,432) = 2,658,310,004c

Mid-High end (2488,5/average) = 4,619,556,178c

High-High end (3,545) = 6,580,802,352c

Feels like an idiot.

I see now lol, then its definitely my site. That one doesnt have LY setting. Using googles conversions, I took the MPH from the scan to get 37,291,052,599 trillion x FTL. But we can ignore this since Zephyr already counted the seconds.

Good job everyone.

Thats 3 staff (Cal, Saikou and Lord) and 5 non-staff (me, Arceus, Neo, Lephyr, and Triforce) who agree with this upgrade. And Cals pretty much the big Kahuna of Pokemon soo most important vote ovo

Should this be enough?

I'd go with mid-high end. It's the one more supported by the game's events (literally happens all the time for UBs, even in SM, whether Necrozma or Nihilego opening the portals), one cannot argue it's part of game mechanics (like with the UltraSpace Ride, since it's from an actual cutscene), and specifically average since UB Worlds are found althrough out these distances (1432/3545 LY). And frankly, in and on itself it's kinda a lowball, since for sure some UB worlds are around the 13,000+ mark.

It has everything going for it imo.

Wait the last part there are some UB worlds 13,000 yrs away??

But okay on the mid-high end. Question about that, IDK if this would be calc stacking since I don't even fully understand its concept myself but since this is either regular UBs or Solga/Luna doing the feats, shouldnt Ultra Necrozma be at least 2x faster than the formers speed results?

Possibly, lol. Will check if I can find a video later.

About UltraNecro... I don't think so. He is not protrayed as particularly faster in the scans you showed, or even in the games. To be safe, we simply scale it to them and that's it.

BTW; The justification can go with something like this:

"Some Ultra Beasts' homeworlds are 1,432 to 3,545 LY away from Alola, and they are capable of traversing (Calc blog) these distances in seconds."

Okay, all I needed to hear and I agree 100%.

Now that all the big stuff is decided, I'd like s bit more discussing for the Light Trio's possible Universal/Multiversal sensing beyong the Ultra Wormholes.

By the way, Cosmog can teleport targets to other locations by simply touching them, should U-Necrozma be able to do the same?

Seems an effective form of BFR

Doesn't Necrozma already have teleport? I thought he or the other 2 did. If he doesn't then yeah it should be added.

Speaking of Cosmog, I should also bring up the fact that, in the anime at least, whenever Nebby teleports, the move allows it to foresee places it can choose to teleport to, even places he's never been to before. What would this be exactly? Precognition?

I believe that's Cosmic Awareness.

Edit: Just checked. It's actually Clairvoyance for Cosmog. The OP 'sensing' stuff it's Cosmic Awareness.

Back