• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon General Discussion Thread Gen VIII: Dragon keeps editing the title

NeoZex6399 said:
@Peter
There are also many cases where a game was believed to be awesome and ended up being disappointing.

Also Pokémon has been dragging certain problems since gen 6, like the lack of a good postgame or a reduced amount of new pokémon.

Also the story of Gen 5 remains the best.
I actually didnt mind the lack of new pokemon, mostly because Game Freak counted Megas as new pokemon, while a tad suspect it aint wrong I guess. Plus the designs of G6/7 were some of the best in my opinion.

Yeah, a good postgame that's replayable is good, HGSS had a good postgame. With all the misc shit like trainer matches, battle frontier, the huge grind that is the safari zone.

One of my favorite parts of pokemon is the optional side content (or most games in general, it's why I like Majora's mask so much, the amount of optional content you can do that has meaning is good, if you wanna take a break from the main game and do other things you can). Cool dungeons with secrets would be cool, there's been a big lack of those as of late, XY had terminus cave but that wasnt that much of a secret. FRLG and the sevii isle actually may be my favorite post game other than obligatory battle factory.

Gen 5? While that's true for mainline games, Explorers of Sky is peak pokemon story.

The fact that the fanbase is so fragmented is an obvious wake-up call to TPC.

Ignoring the problem will only make things worse, for everyone.

TPCi doesnt even really do anything, they mostly handle marketing and copyright.

And Nintendo I doubt was fully aware of the ongoings, even Trinen seemed kinda surprised.

A good chuck of this falls on game freak.

Not quite, they all have it stock in it and have some say but it is it's own branch which makes its own decisions.

NeoZex6399 said:
Dude, the president and CEO of TPC is also the chairman of Creatures.
Yes? I honestly really dont know much on the creatures side of things, mostly because you never actually hear from em, all I know is that TPCi is seperate from game freak and Nintendo's workings and creatures is seperate from the former unless outsourced.

I know? I even brought that up twice in this thread. That doesnt mean Game Freak's decisions arent seperate from TPCi and that game freak doesnt act alone. And Nintendo kinda just doesnt **** with either.

Game Freak still shares part of the blame here. They are for one the group who decided to split up their staff like they did iirc.

I'm not saying that Game Freak isn't responsible for all this, I'm just saying that they're not totally responsible.

To think that Nintendo or Creatures have nothing to do with this whole mess, is perhaps a bit naive

Well obviously this is a collective **** up...or it's a thing of "you're working on too many things at once."

Think about it. All of GF developers are split working on;

-Pokemon Masters

-Pokemon Home

-Town

-Pokemon Sword and Shield

They should've realized that there is a limit to what they can do at once.

NeoZex6399 said:
I'm not saying that Game Freak isn't responsible for all this, I'm just saying that they're not totally responsible.
To think that Nintendo or Creatures have nothing to do with this whole mess, is perhaps a bit naive
They have involvement, (nintendo not so much though, unless you count not paying attention as a fault, in which case yeah ok) it's just mostly game freak's fault.

On one hand, at least it's not a long wait, & we aren't tormented by knowing its coming but having to wait TOO long.

But on the other hand, more time with no news is arguably just as bad.

What a dilemma.

It seems that Elgyem and Beheeyem are pretty aggressive with their psychic powers.

"It uses its strong psychic power to squeeze its opponent's brain, causing unendurable headaches."
"It controls tremendous psychic power. Most reports of alien sightings are actually just people mistaking Elgyem for an alien."
"It can manipulate an opponent's memory. Apparently, it communicates by flashing its three different-colored fingers."
"It uses psychic power to control an opponent's brain and tamper with its memories."
"With its psychic powers, it rewrites its opponents' memories. You, too, may have already had your memories rewritten."
"It has strong psychic powers. Using its fingers that flash three different colors, it controls its opponents and rewrites their memories."

Tumblr oi0vqvPhK51sjkioto2 500

Imaginym said:
@NeoZex6399: Am I looking at things wrong, or is that Lugia above sea level? If so, oh dear.
You're looking at things wrong. Because if Lugia was above sea level so would Milotic.

That's ******* spooky. Giratina aint no joke.

Back