• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon General Discussion Thread Gen VIII: Dragon keeps editing the title

I mean, Machamp kinda deserves it. Between the G1 trade evolutions, it's the only one that got nothing. Alakazam and Gengar got Megas while Golem got an Alolan form. Machamp got...Strength as a signature move. Woopee.

Also we deserve Gigantamax Quagsire.

Gigantamax Machamp huh? That would be kinda cool.

I'm wondering if Arcanine is getting something. Not that it needs it, I just like it.

Just a reminder that Gigamax Pokémons keep the same ability as their base forms, and that Corviknight can reflect any stat-lowering effect and has a move that lets him remove most hazards and terrain, which is basically half of the Giga/Dynamax move effects.

Corviknight? More like Metaknight.

Hmm... While I am really liking all the new Pokemon, the new regional variants and the new evolutions. I am not really sold on the Gigamax, especially as it comes as MegaEvolution with a different sign and makes me wonder if now they will scrap the featured machanic in each generation to introduce a new gimmick to drop it and repeat.

I mean we don't know how 50% Zygarde is going to fight Ultra Necrozma. For all we know he could just dodge and stall for time. And so far none of the Legendaries have been able to hurt Ultra Necrozma. Which is consistent with Ultra Necrozma being the strongest 4-B legendary. So I don't see how the scaling is screwed up right now.

If Zygarde 50% scales, it means Xerneras and Yvelta scales, which is bad enough. Idk what else will scale from that though.

He's not scaling though. We don't even know the full context of what's going on. All we know is he surprise attacked Ultra Necrozma and probably did no damage. Not even Perfect Zygarde was able to do any lasting damage against Ultra Necrozma. He's probably just gonna get swatted away next chapter.

Edit: Ahh crap just remembered that next month will be the last chapter of Sun & Moon. Really wonder how they are going to end this in one chapter. I guess they'll probably finish up the rest of the story in the volume edition.

I mean, it's likely that they just scale in speed given they react to UN, which tbh isn't that Sirfetch'd...I mean far-fetched.

Also if 50% Zygarde scales, that's...the 5-B cast barring Deoxys and the base forms of Mewtwo and Rayquaza, and those three'd still scale in speed.

ZdcCYk1
Is Masuda saying that Psyduck's power in Detective Pikachu is a legitimate representation of a Psyduck's power?

Executor N0 said:
Is Masuda saying that Psyduck's power in Detective Pikachu is a legitimate representation of a Psyduck's power?
Source? Did they have creative involvement in Detective Pikachu? Even that aside, Writers Can't do Math.

I'd be surprised if Psyduck's feat in Detective Pikachu was even Small Building Level, let alone higher than 8-A, & being Rapidash-sized shouldn't really change that, unless it's supposed to be like Dynamaxing....

Then again, Pokemon creators don't often portray Pokemon as especially strong... but even if we're to believe 1 Rapidash-sized Psyduck would be more threatening than 100 Psyduck-sized Rapidash, I'd still be more fearful of a flaming horse that can run faster than bullet trains, even a small ones, especially if its pre-evolution can jump over Ayer's Rock.

I think it was tokyo tower in the jpn version. Doesnt change your point though.

I meant the dex entry. It wasnt ayers but tokyo tower in jpn.

Oh, that was just something I recalled from years ago. Honestly couldnt tell you, although iirc the japanese sun and moon entries had a pastebin somewhere, recall seeing it being posted on vp around when sm launched. Im actually interested ine the jpn dex entries as well, would be cool to see if theres any differences between translations like the ponyta entry. I think there was another as well that mentioned the tokyo tower too.

@Imaginym What I said was just a joke for the funny answer that Masuda gave to the interviewer ( not everything I say needs to be taken literally). Anyway, this is the source.

Yeah, I could tell it was a joke the moment I saw it. 100 horse sized ducks meme from way back. It's a little funny, & I'm sure Masuda & Ohmori could tell it was a joke, too, but given their possibly different culture, maybe they didn't know it was a meme.

So if they are answering with any level of seriousness, their actual thoughts on which of those is more dangerous is intrigueing to me as a Vs Debater.

Thank you, though.

Back