• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon General Discussion Thread Gen VIII: Dragon keeps editing the title

Continuing my reply to Drite.

Yeah but the profiles seems to say all of them are 703 Zettaton even though Solgaleo and Lunala can apparently stalemate four Tapus and Lunala also one shot dozens of Ultra Beasts at once in the manga which would probably make them really high end 5-B if not potentially 5-A.

So more tier 5 mons, neat Now only Lugia, Ho-Oh and those who scale to them are missing from the party

I'm sure you could asspull a way to scale them from some obscure promo or interview or manual.

Imaginym said:
How do you figure, HenryWong122? https://serebii.net/swordshield/galarpokedex.shtml
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_Galar_Pokédex_number

Both say Riolu is in, but Phanpy isn't. Speaking of, which of your favorites made it in so far?
Well, the Charmander line, the Ralts line, the Gastly line and the Riolu line. Just because Phanpy isn't on the list doesn't mean it's not going to be in the game, it just means it hasn't be confirmed yet. I figure they're going to have all the Gen 1 & 2 Pokemon and all their evolutions in the game.

Replying to Kukui yeah I realized that so I decided to move Magearna from the 703 Zettaton section to the unknown section since it's above 703 Zettaton to an unknown extent. Reposting the list just in case.

2.52 Yottaton: Complete Kyurem

1.68 Yottaton: Black/White Kyurem and Resolute Keldeo

840 Zettaton: Mega Rayquaza, Mega Mewtwo, Shiny Genesect, Tao Trio, Swords of Justice, Forces of Nature Therian Forme and Unbound Hoopa

703 Zettaton: Aura Trio and Mega Diancie

420 Zettaton: Deoxys, Base Mewtwo, Mew, Base Rayquaza and Genesect

84 Zettaton: Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre

Unknown on the 5-B scale: Magearna, Type: Null, Silvally, Ultra Beasts, Tapus, and Light Trio

Just going to say that I intially thought the earlier argument was trying to downgrade Deoxys, not put Rayquaza higher in the tier. My bad for that as I now agree with everyone.

Oh yeah btw guys, I might make a thread soon that could give the upper tier legendaries High 5-A.

Why would I wanna downgrade Deoxys? He's the pokemon with the feat in question.

Why high 5-A? What's the feat?

Unless you mean TCG shit, there's actually a few nice TCG bit feats.

It's moving the moon via Moonlight and/or Moonblast. To keep it short and simple, while the move is an outlier for non-legendaries, it shouldnt be an outlier for legendaries like Lunala and Xerneas.

For Lunala, its pretty self explanatory on where im going with this. Lunala is canonically recognized as the "Incarnation of the Moon", is said to be even able to call the moon, and it's lore does exactly what Moonlight and Moonblast themselves do (calling the moon; absorbing moonlight), moves that Lunala naturally learns too. The only reason why Lunala's lore seems to not be used is because of Solgaleo's being hyperbole, which I find very unfair as of now. One being wrong doesn't mean the other is and Lunala has much more backing it than Solgaleo's does.

And this is literally impossible for it to be an outlier since Lunala is amongst the strongest of legendaries that aren't god tiers. That, and a legendary much weaker than Lunala can naturally learn Moonlight and Moonblast too, which is where Xerneas comes in.

And it can't even be an outlier for Xerneas since we currently accept Xerneas's 703 Zettaton feat where Xerneas in a non-combatitive state casually moves something much more massive than the moon: the planet itself.

Well Lunala being High 5-A would kinda make sense considering how it one shot dozens of Ultra Beasts that presumably scale to 703 Zettaton with one attack. Xerneas also probably won't be considered an outlier considering how casual the 703 Zettaton feat is. The only problem is whether or not the feat will be accepted.

So yeah everybody that's currently scaled to 703 Zettaton or higher might become High 5-A. Man that's quite a lot of legendary revision all of a sudden. Rayquaza slight AP upgrade. Forces of Nature Therian Forme scaling to Swords of Justice. Perfect Zygarde potentially scaling to Ultra Necrozma next chapter. Potentially 3-A/Low 2-C Tao Trio. And now High 5-A Legendaries.

The feat should likely be accepted. Cal already made an outlier joke blog a long time ago where he calced Moonlight being High 5-A. The move itself is already that tier, the only difference this time is that the feat is being applied to a legendary instead of fodder like Umbreon or whatnot.

That, and we can also use Moonblast since in both the games and anime , Moonblast summons the moon when the move is used.

Ummm, but Moonblast can be learn by non legendaries. Anyway, can yoy put that thread here when you make it? I might have something to talk in that thread

Drite77 said:
Ummm, but Moonblast can be learn by non legendaries. Anyway, can yoy put that thread here when you make it? I might have something to talk in that thread
I know. The point is that we only apply the feat to legendaries, not non-legendaries.

The isue with that is, you'd have to figure out if it still aint an outlier for legends, because at the moment, it's still higher then all the legendary feats minus like Necro. You'd have to explain why it aint an outlier for legends opposed to the move itself being an outlier in general. If you can find it being used by a legend in the anime like Lunala then you may have a chance.

Chariot190 said:
The isue with that is, you'd have to figure out if it still aint an outlier for legends, because at the moment, it's still higher then all the legendary feats minus like Necro. You'd have to explain why it aint an outlier for legends opposed to the move itself being an outlier in general. If you can find it being used by a legend in the anime like Lunala then you may have a chance.
I already explained why its not an outlier for them.

You right, it should be fine for lunala, the issue is the other legends, not Lunala.

I could see it scaling to 50% zygarde (clearly) and Mega Mewtwo though although if Zygarde ends up scaling to Necro, it really doesnt matter.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Drite77 said:
Ummm, but Moonblast can be learn by non legendaries. Anyway, can you put that thread here when you make it? I might have something to talk in that thread.
I know. The point is that we only apply the feat to legendaries, not non-legendaries.
What about Mythical Pokemon, like Jirachi?

@Chariot190 If Moonblast scales to Xerneas it scales to everybody that's currently 703 Zettaton or higher. If it only scales to Lunala it would only scale to the Light Trio and maybe Perfect Zygarde if it doesn't scale to Ultra Necrozma.

Not really. I also explained why it wouldnt be an outlier for Xerneas since we currently accept Xerneas's 703 Zettaton feat. A feat that Xerneas does in a non-combatitive state and is extremely casual.

The issue with that is, you'd have to figure out if moonblast aint an outlier for Xerneas seeing as moonblast is multiple times above its highest feat.

Not really. I also explained why it wouldnt be an outlier for Xerneas since we currently accept Xerneas's 703 Zettaton feat. A feat that Xerneas does in a non-combatitive state and is extremely casual.
While true, if moonblast ends up like 100x higher, it's still suspect.

Chariot190 said:
The issue with that is, you'd have to figure out if moonblast aint an outlier for Xerneas seeing as moonblast is multiple times above its highest feat.
Yes, but the current feat again for Xerneas is one that is extremely casual and is one that Xerneas does in a state of not batttling.

If we can accept Xerneas casually moving the planet without actually battling, then it moving the moon during battle should be perfectly believeable.

That's what I'm asking. If it's only a bit then yeah of course Xerneas should scale, but if we looking at like triple digit yotta, idk dude.

Chariot190 said:
Yes, but the current feat again for Xerneas is one that is extremely casual and is one that Xerneas does in a state of not batttling.
If we can accept Xerneas casually moving the planet without actually battling, then it moving the moon during battle should be perfectly believeable.
Doesnt matter, I've seen extremely casual feats be used, and things only like 10x higher get called an outlier.

It's not moving it that's the issue, it's the speed at which it's moved.

Geez guys, let the heat for the thread itself, this is supposed to be a Friendly discussion

BTW, i already disagree with that

Drite77 said:
Geez guys, let the heat for the thread itself, this is supposed to be a Friendly discussion
BTW, i already disagree with that
But, this conversation is on topic and nobody is getting heated. It's an actual discussion without any flaming.

Well, look at it this way. Zygarde 50% and anything that scales to him should be upgraded soon. So we got that.

Back