• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon General Discussion Thread Gen VIII: Dragon keeps editing the title

I mean, it's Snivy who is able to feel changes in the aura, I don't think sensing the Aura of someone counts as "Aura", it's more like a sixth sense.

(in the Spanish version it says directly that it's a sixth sense)

Rosa's dialogue implies she can sense it too, since she describes it, & the dialogue suggests that it's tied to an emotional/personality change: "take on a role", "really embody that character".

Plus, not sure what it'd mean to "truly sense".

"Only a Pokemon can truly perceive when someone's demeanor changes like that"?

Also, English & Spanish may be mistranslated. Is Masters's original language Japanese? If so, shouldn't we look at that?

That is quite a lot of dialogue. Unfortunately, I'm not very skilled at Japanese; If I tried to translate all that, it'd take forever, & I'm unsure which dialogue actually corresponds to your screenshot. I haven't had the opportunity to play Masters, so I don't really know when who says what.

If anyone wants to point out when she says it in that video, I could give a shot at translating it, to try & see if anything changed between English &/or Spanish or such. (Or someone better at Japanese could just look into it.)

I went and transcribed what I could, including the dialogue tree choices, plus maybe a little more. Here's the Japanese, more or less.

ÕêØÒéüÒüªÒü«µ╝öµèÇÒüºÒééÕñºõ©êÕñ½ÒüºÒüÖ´╝üÒâäÒé┐Òâ╝Òé©ÒâúÒüîÒüùÒüúÒüïÒéèÒü┐ÒüªÒüªÒüÅÒéîÒü¥ÒüÖÒüïÒéë´╝ü
ÒâäÒé┐Òâ╝Òé©Òâú´╝ƒ
Òü®ÒüåÒüäÒüåÒüôÒü¿´╝ƒ
ÒâäÒé┐Òâ╝Òé©ÒâúÒüúÒüªÒüÖÒüöÒüäÒéôÒüºÒüÖÒüéÒüƒÒüùÒüîÒÇÇ
Õ¢╣Òü½ÒÇÇÒü¬ÒéèÒüìÒéîÒüªÒéïÒüïÒü┐ÒüªÒüÅÒéîÒéïÒéôÒüºÒüÖÒéê
Òü¬ÒéèÒüìÒüúÒüªÒüäÒéïÒü¿ÒüìÒüúÒüªµÖ«µ«ÁÒü¿Úø░Õø▓µ░ùÒü¿ÚüòÒüåÒü┐ÒüƒÒüäÒü¬ÒéôÒüºÒüÖ
ÒüéÒüƒÒüùÒü«ÒâäÒé┐Òâ╝Òé©ÒâúÒü»ÒüØÒü«ÚüòÒüäÒü½Òü┐ÒüªµòŵäƒÒü┐ÒüƒÒüäÒüº
ÒâØÒé▒ÒâóÒâ│Òü¬ÒéëÒüºÒü»Òü«µ░ùÞªÜÒüúÒüªÒéäÒüñÒü¬ÒéôÒüºÒüùÒéçÒüåÒüï´╝ƒ
Õ«ƒÚÜøÒâØÒé▒ÒâóÒâ│ÕïØÞ▓áÒüºÒééÒâäÒé┐Òâ╝Òé©ÒâúÒüúÒüªþø©µëïÒü«ÒüôÒü¿ÒéÆÒéêÒüÅÒü┐ÒüªÒüäÒéïÒéôÒüºÒüÖÒéê´╝ü
Úá╝ÒééÒüùÒüäÒü¡´╝ü
þøúþØúÒüòÒéôÒüáÒü¡

This is a link to a Google Translate page featuring that transcription.

From what I can tell, it seems to be talking about Snivy's ability to notice the difference in mood/atmosphere & differences or such?

The term she uses, which Google translates as "atmosphere" is Úø░Õø▓µ░ù. Here's Wiktionary & RomajiDesu's translations of it: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/雰囲気

http://www.romajidesu.com/dictionary/meaning-of-Úø░Õø▓µ░ù.html

Quoting the latter: (n) atmosphere (e.g. musical); mood; ambience; ambiance
ÒüØÒü«ÒâøÒâåÒâ½Òü»Þ┤àµ▓óÒü¬Úø░Õø▓µ░ùÒüîÒüéÒéïÒÇé
The hotel has an air of luxury.

I don't think she's referring to a supernatural kind of aura/ability.

If anyone more knowledgeable on Japanese language, such as from the translation group wants to chime in, that may be helpful.

Then they may have translated from the same term. Also, Google Translate's translation (Imperfect as it might be.) doesn't mention ambience.

The Japanese uses a term that can be translated as ambience (Úø░Õø▓µ░ù), but I'm not sure there's any significance to that choice of term. Wiktionary translates it as "mood", & Google Translate as "atmosphere". (Also, looking into Wiktionary, apparently, "ambience" is an alternative spelling to ambiance, lol.)

Oh? Interesting. Wonder how the around the world thing will play out.

I'm not, I want Ash to win a real big dick league before he gets shafted, at least for a little while.

Although I really want more ovas like Origins, that was some good shit. That shouldnt be to much to ask?

I don't understand these inflated stats for these things.

Like, not even god multiversal pokemon have stats that busted and a handful of these characters minus a few are weaker then the gods or even a handful of legends. Maybe I'm just thinking to hard about it. It's cool though, I wouldnt mind doing a few.

Well, base Mario has a BST of 680, which is the average one for a legendary Pokémon

And just like Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza, the mega has a BST of 780.

Also, I had to make Mario faster than Sonic.

idk maybe it's just the stat layout that screams broke as shit. It aint mega fug broke though. Mega Fug was a mistake.

How do you make those though? Clearly smogon but how?

I just take screenshots from a bunch of different Smogon pages and then edit manually on MS Paint.

The main thing that make Mario broken are the wide movepool and actually useful abilities (Which is rare on legendaries overall).

And the mega just outspeeds all the metagame, and having bulk to take hits of priority moves doesn´t help either.

Oh I see, I thought it had something to do with manulayy rewriting the text on the page. I know you can do that, I've seen threads before where that's a thing.

I find Glitch Pokemon more interesting. Maybe I oughta' post a statistics compilation image for one or more or them sometime. If folks are even interested in that, hah.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Saikou_The_Lewd_King/Composite_Glitch_Pok%C3%A9mo

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Saikou_The_Lewd_King/MissingNo.

Those are for MissingNo and a Composite Glitch Pokemon. It doesn't consider them mechanically, & I'm not even sure it considers all the glitches.

It's fine to evaluate glitch Pokemon from a VS Debating standpoint.

But there's over 200 glitch Pokemon in Gen 1 alone. It also doesn't go over base stats, hardly considers moves... and there's plenty of Glitch Moves, & many Glitch Pokemon have massive movepools & stats.

@Saikou The Lewd King: Might be neat to see more modern glitch Pokemon profiles, even as blogs, & maybe ones for other species.

I just figure Glitch Pokemon statistics would be interesting in the same way as Bob's fanmade Smogon write-ups for non Pokemon characters.

Except Glitch Pokemon have a somewhat more solid case for existing in the Pokemon games, & we don't have to make up their movepools, base stats, gender ratios, & sometimes, their abilities. (Probably other data I'm forgetting.)

Speaking of Ponyta, is it confirmed what type it is yet? I'm thinking Fairy/Dark.

I don't play competitively, but I wonder how Fairy-type Ponyta will impact Little Cup.

https://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/ponyta/

Regular Ponyta has a base stat total of 410 (50 HP, 85 Atk, 55 DEF, 65 Sp. Atk, 65 Sp. Def, 90 Speed.) & is described by Smogon with "Ponyta is an extremely potent and versatile threat".

No Little Cup Legal Pokemon has a higher BST; The next closest, in ascending order, Sneasel, Tangela, & Misdreavus are banned. In descending order, it's Archen, then Porygon & Munchlax, who are of dubious quality.

The difference with Ponyta is its Fire-type makes it hindered hard by Stealth Rock, & so scared of Diglett it runs Flame Charge just so it can outspeed Diglett, even though it has Flare Blitz.

Also, it's kinda frail, due to needing to run Flare Blitz &/or Wild Charge, for tons of recoil.

Fairy-type Ponyta would have an immunity without Flash Fire, would care a lot less about Stealth Rock & Diglett, & if Galarian forms are anything like Alolan forms, will probably have a similar BST.

Plus, its weaknesses are fewer, & to worse offensive types. (Although, Fairy doesn't hit as much SE as Fire.)

On the downside, Galarian Ponyta may lack Morning Sun (Egg Move) & definitely won't have Flame Body. Also unclear if it'll have great physical options like High Horsepower, etc.

Still, I'm expecting Galarian Ponyta to be a terror on LC's metagame.

Pokémon Special B2W2 Chapter 546 Part 1

https://********.org/chapter/718120/1

Pokémon Special Sun & Moon Chapter 35

https://********.org/chapter/724762/1

Well, Zygarde did do some damage but was one shot after a small struggle.

Dont know if that warrants scaling, maybe some backscaling?

This fight kinda reminded me of Mega Mewtwo vs 50% Zygarde. Except this time Zygarde is the one getting one shotted after a small struggle.

This chapter also confirms that it wasn't Ultra Necrozma that performed the 4-B feat so its more evidence for 4-B Base Necrozma.

I'd put Zygarde at 4-B just a much smaller fraction of the feat, he's strong enough to briefly overpower it and do minor damage but when hit point blank it made Zygarde defuse.

Although if Base Necro 4-B then Zygarde would be much higher then the feat as U-Necro had to take that form because base wasnt even close to being enough.

Back