• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen V: Sequels in Demand

He is a depressed boi cause he got excluded in the 4 gen when all of his friends got a new evolution, except for him

Who the F cares. Tell Dunsparce life isn't fair, and that having a shitty childhood doesn't mean he will be handed stuff he wants

Well, for that I can't help but commend you. But bear this thought in your mind, is what you're doing for him truly something that will benefit him, when the time comes for him to make his own decisions?

This, my dear friend, is something that only Time will tell me, but, it being either a horrific final or a bright destiny, i will have no regrets, because i was able to help someone when they most needed

The only thing that worries me is whether these sentiments come from a place of logic, or from a place of emotions. From the ever deceitful heart

They truly are from the blind place, that people insist to call Heart. However, as bad as it looks to be, have faith that even the blindest decisions can make a great result.

My good sir, i always defend the rights of a racional being having an opinion, but, with all due respect, i would like to see yourself and this opinion of yours to be thrown in the shit, where you belong

Drite77 said:
Solrock and Lunatone didn't get any love in Sun and Moon, so i don't see why Aegislash should, equal rights
Im not against giving my bois a mega evolution.

Also shuckle. MEGA SHUCKLE.

And Mega Shuckle should have wonder guard for extra memes. And Bug-steel.

Mega Slaking should be a thing.

With a boosted truant ability where both pokemon must chill in different turns. As in:

Turn 1: Slaking attacks. Opp chills.

Turn 2: Slaking chills. Opp attacks.

Dymaxed Tyranitar is Godzilla then, OHOHOHOHOHOHO, gonna use dynamaxed wailord to crush the world!

PaChi2 said:
Mega Slaking should be a thing.
With a boosted truant ability where both pokemon must chill in different turns. As in:

Turn 1: Slaking attacks. Opp chills.

Turn 2: Slaking chills. Opp attacks.
My idea for Mega Slaking would be to take a note from its Pokedex entries.

"The world's laziest Pokémon. When it is lounging, it is actually saving energy for striking back."

"It is the world's most slothful POKéMON. However, it can exert horrifying power by releasing pent-up energy all at once."

So with the Mega, the ability might be something like "Pent-Up Power", where rather than skipping every other turn, it can't ATTACK every other turn. Maybe with boosted attack on the turn it can attack, but that might be too good.

IMHO, this'd be terrifying, since Slaking's line has more than attack moves. Stuff like Bulk Up, Taunt, Encore, Slack Off, Yawn, Swagger, Amnesia, Work Up, Roar, Tickle, Hone Claws, Mimic, Substitute, Rest....

Simply put, imagine if you could ignore Truant, but only to use status moves?

Alternatively, you could focus on the pent-up energy. Maybe give it a 1.2x boost to Atk & Sp. Atk that's only active during every other turn, &/or something like No Guard or Infiltrator's effect where it can't miss/dodge, or it can't be blocked by Protect, Detect, etc.

Slaking already has a 670 BST, & its only vulnerability (Besides being stuck in 100 speed tier, lol.) is its 65 Sp. Def. Even trading Slaking's held item slot & your Mega Slot, that's scary.

'course, if I had my way, I'd distribute the extra: 100 stat points like so:

HP 150 (No change)

Attack 160 (No change)

Defense 100->115 (+15)

Sp. Atk 95->115 (+20)

Sp. Def 65-> 115(+50)

Speed 100->115(+15)

Because Slaking's offenses are high enough. But yeah, terrifying bulk, no?

If I had to design it visually.... Hmmm.... Maybe like a silverback gorilla in coat, long, dark claws like a great sloth, & perhaps a "beard" of green & yellow (aged/dry) grass, since Slaking is stated to lie in one spot & eat in a circle?

Or maybe since it'd be moving in a circle in the grass, a kilt of grass? Then again, too Grass-type esque, & probably too feminine.

150/115/115 are some godly defenses dood.

I'd personally go for:

150/180/110/100/105/125

This is the beast it should be. Also, well, going by that description we could aim for something like:

"Power storage": if slaking uses an attack move, he gets a -1 in a random stat, if he does not use it, he gets a +1 in a random stat.

How do you like it?

I'd agree about the defenses, but I'd think needing to use a Mega Slot, use Slaking, & being unable to use attacking moves every other turn are drawbacks.

Then again, I don't play competitive, so what do I know, lol?

Your statline, IMHO... well, definitely fits the fast attacker, albeit, in both our designs, it tosses out Slaking's weakness of mediocre Sp. Def. 105 is good, isn't it, & it's not even Slaking's lowest stat for your Mega. Not to say mine's better.

As for the ability, Power Storage feels like Moody, but only triggering when attacking. Some people might dislike the potential for evasion boosts, & it's questionable how useful it'd be.

How often would base 125 speed need to go faster? What if it gets a boost of DEF or Sp. Def against an opponent that uses the opposite type of offense? Or gets a boost in the offense it doesn't use; I'd imagine with 180 ATK & Slaking's movepool, Special Sets might not be common, so Sp. Atk boosts might not be that useful, especially if mixed might be less common with options like Taunt & Slack Off, too.

Likewise, Accuracy boost would only be useful if using Sub-100 Accuracy moves. How many of those does Slaking have that it'd want to use?

....Although, does Power Storage allow Slaking to use a move every turn with no other drawbacks...?

To say nothing of potential of getting drops in important stats. And do the changes come pre or post attacking?

I mean, it's not an overpowered ability, but I'd be concerned it'd be very luck-based & might not be very useful most of the time. Then again, effective 770 BST....

"....Although, does Power Storage allow Slaking to use a move every turn with no other drawbacks...?"

Yes. The idea is that Slaking doesnt enjoy doing hard work, so every time you order him fight he is crippled, but when he slacks he gets stronger.

Ohhh, I misread. So it would get an optional "loaf around" command? Interesting.... I mean, I guess it's an option other than possibly Z-Moves to get a Speed or Sp. Atk boost, but, AFAIK for competitive, skipping a turn with Slaking is undesirable regularly. Skipping a turn for +1 in a single stat... eh?

It'd also mean attaching a -1 to every Attack. If it doesn't apply to status moves, though, it would lead to some... interesting Slaking sets. Taunt, Yawn, Slack Off, Encore, Swagger, 150 HP Substitutes.... Slaking might be able to pull something off. Toxic Stall? Set-up (Like with Bulk Up) with a free bonus boost every turn until it attacks?

Power storage turns Bulk up into a +3 stat boost.

Add some Return in there, with 180 Base attack. And STAB. And you are set.

A net +3, but one of the boosts is to a random stat, right? Defensive stat boosts could be a coinflip on usefulness; You might get a defensive boost you want, or one you don't want, & you make the KO, but your opponent sends out a check/counter that prompts a switch, meaning the defense gains might be lost without being used.

Sp. Atk seems unlikely to be used on most sets, & Accuracy may be similarly unhelpful with no moves that need it. Evasion can be good, controversy aside.

At the very least, more ATK(Assuming physical Attacker.), Speed, &/or Evasion are USUALLY beneficial.

But yeah, STAB 180 ATK Return off of 125 Speed would DESTROY things.

PaChi2 said:
Mega Feraligatr is a Godzilla-tier kaiju
They sould give Mega-Feraligatr Strong Jaw. I mean it is the Big Jaw Pokemon, it's an Alligator and it get's Bite, Ice Fang and Crunch. Give it Fire, Hyper, Poison and Thunder Fang as well as Psychic Fangs and we are good to go.

Give him Strong Jaw and an unique fang. Like... Drill fang or something.

What about something like a "Whirlpool Fang", where Feraligatr sinks its teeth into the target, then spins its own body, swinging the victim about, much like how real gators do to their prey, but in this case, strong enough to create a whirlpool?

As for in-game effects, maybe a chance to Flinch, as well as to inflict Confusion?

What about something like a "Whirlpool Fang", where Feraligatr sinks its teeth into the target, then spins its own body, swinging the victim about, much like how real gators do to their prey, but in this case, strong enough to create a whirlpool?

As for in-game effects, maybe a chance to Flinch, as well as to inflict Confusion?

Back