• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen V: Sequels in Demand

Small question I have based on a versus, but what fights have Arceus took part in that wasn't PIS or a test, where Arceus fought seriously?

Everything12 said:
Small question I have based on a versus, but what fights have Arceus took part in that wasn't PIS or a test, where Arceus fought seriously?
I don't think there are any.

I want Typhlosion to get Mega Typhlosion Sword and Mega Typhlosion Shield. Mega Typhlosion Sword should get Atk +46, Def +33, and Sp.Atk +21 and Mega Typhlosion Shield should get +20 Atk , +50 Sp.Atk, and +30 Sp.Def. I don't know what Abilities they would get though.

So why does everyone always say an avatar is always the go to move in fights when, as far as I know, it's only debatably serious moment was BFRing Giratina, to add onto that, why are people certain the Original Spirit has to use a avatar to do anything, and the avatar isn't just used to more closely interact with the lesser beings?

Everything12 said:
So why does everyone always say an avatar is always the go to move in fights when, as far as I know, it's only debatably serious moment was BFRing Giratina, to add onto that, why are people certain the Original Spirit has to use a avatar to do anything, and the avatar isn't just used to more closely interact with the lesser beings?
Because the only thing we have seen from Arceus is the avatars.

In the movie.

In the manga

In the games.

Arceus going into fights with its Avatars are another form of it being hit by the PIS stick, otherwise there would literally be no way for anyone to stop Arceus from wrecking everything.

Plus, you kinda cant make a good fight out of something when....your not there.

Yeah, yeah, everything is PIS. lol.

This is Pokémon. If they decided that God with capital G had to be a pokémon, it needs to have a Pokémon form. Its logical.

And if the "superior" Arceus has never interacted with anyone, we cant simply assume they can without an avatar.

To be fair how can we see Arceus when it isn't using avatars, it's omnipresence spirit, that's part of the reason it uses avatars so the lesser beings can actually see it. Jewel of Life is PIS, Hoopa is probably also PIS and its their solely to be a Deus ex Machina, in the Core Games it's testing the player to see if their worthy so they need to see and interact with Arceus, same with Conquest and the manga, it's testing humans so they need to interact with it so it needs a avatar. It's only serious feat is sealing Giratina's true form, a feat I doubt it used a avatar for.

Tbf you can represent non corporeal or abstract beings with visual imagery if you want to. So that part wouldn't really be a concern for me personally

I think they mean in Platinum when a voice talks to the player after defeating Darkrai, that or it saving the dark timeline in PMD

HenryWong122 said:
Typhlosion is a discount Charizard, so he should have a discount Mega Charizard X and a discount Mega Charizard Y.
How dare! Typhlosion is obviously one of the best Pokemon. So calling it any less is heresy I say! Heresy!!

Apparently they have the same exact stat distribution. Just slap a dragon type on Mega Typhlosion Sword as well the

Pokemon referenced Precure. Pretty Cure is in it's 16th season. 16=4^2, making this a fitting year for our second visit to the generation 4 region. Sinnoh confirmed.

Sinnoh confirmed is the meme that came after the "Hoenn confirmed" dudes got a slap in the face isn't it? Or are my sources inaccurate?

Andytrenom said:
Sinnoh confirmed is the meme that came after the "Hoenn confirmed" dudes got a slap in the face isn't it? Or are my sources inaccurate?
Your sources are very inaccurate. "Sinnoh Confirmed" is the meme that came after "Hoenn Confirmed" was, well, confirmed.

Okay so "Hoenn confirmed" isn't a meme to make fun of people wanting remakes and the people who used this meme were actually expecting those remakes to be made. Is that right?

The real cal howard said:
@Everything. The former is what I was referring to.
Not saying it isnt, but Telepathy is an ability that usually doesnt require the user to be present.

How? Dream Link? Entralink? Gates to Infinity? Pokepark 2? Adventures?

What will that do to scaling?

Actually I think this is wrong. In Chapter 544 of Adventures White asks: "Then, this place is... the place in the Dark Stone?" N answers with: "The world in the Dark Stone... isn't accurate." and White later says: "That's right. Fennel did say that. The inside of the Light Stone is connected to Dream World" So it's less the Dark/Light stone contain the Dream World and more their portals there.

Back