• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Game Timeline

RadicalMrR

VS Battles
Retired
So most of the ages for a couple of characters are a bit off and after watching a [video] yesterday and I think we need to adjust a few things.(Full credit to the girl who made the video by the way)

1)Red and Blue (Trainers) are 11 not 10 the official game manual states this and is more reliable than the anime.

The Kanto games take place at the same Time as the Hoenn Games.(Stated by official sources)

3 years after that takes place the events of Jhoto games as well as Sinnoh games.(Stated by official sources)

Black and White takes place an unknown amount of time after that however, we can put it between 6-8 years because...

• The same Rocket grunt from Gen 2 that appears in the post game has a small kid now.
  • Catlin is a bit older but not by much considering her design.
2 Years later the events of Black and White 2 as well as the Kalos games.(Stated by the same Source as the other times)

Finally in notes for Grimsley new design it was stated that it had been 2 years since we last saw him.

So Red

This seems reasonable.

Sun and Moon is 10 years from the events in Red and Blue So Red would be 21

Considering that Red, Blue and co look really similar between HG/SS and B2/W2, I wouldn't say that much years passed Maybe 4? Leaving Red at 18 for B2W2. So his age would be: 11 (R/B/FR/LG) | 14 (G/S/C/HG/SS) | 18 (B2/W2) | 21 (S/M)

^This. Anabel has been in the S/M verse for a decade, and since Hoenn and Kanto take place at the same time, then that would make Red 21.

Where did you see Sun and Moon is 10 years after?

Also using the "doesnt look older" argument isnt a good idea for the games since the only give them redesign when they are important, just look at Wally, he looks 10 when he should be the same age as Red and Blue.

In the history of pokemon in the bulbapedia

Ok, but Caitlyn looks older, but not that much

So 2-3 years seems reasonable between HG/SS/D/P/Pl. Adding the 2 years between B2W2 and the 3 years from R/B to G/S, that makes 18-19 in B2W2, and 21 in S/M, so only 2 years between B2W2 and S/M could make sense?

The Johto games and Sinnoh games happen at the same time so i dont understand this 2-3 years thing?

Also the one we dont know the timeframe for is how long between the Sinnoh and Johto games between the first Unova games.

But since there was time for a rocket grunt to move from Johto to Unova, find a wife, make a kid and have that kid old enough to be able to walk talk and battle 6-8 is a lowball.

Red and Blue are 11 in "Red/Blue/Fire Red/Leaf Green"

"Gold/Silver/Crystal/Heart Gold/Soul Silver" take place 3 years after, so 14 for Red and Blue.

Now, between "Black and White" and "Black 2 and White 2" we have 2 years of difference.

Now, if we follow the 10 years between Red/Blue and Sun/Moon, and sustract the 3 years (from HG/SS) and the 2 years (Black2/White2), we have 5 years of Unknown events.

Now, Caitlyn. In Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, she looks in her teens (Maybe 15-16?) and she doesn't look that much older in B/W, so maybe 3 years between Black/White and D/P/Pl may be ok.

And we that, we have 2 years left. Maybe between B2W2 and Sun/Moon.

So, Red and Blue ages would be: 11 (R/B) | 14 (G/S/C) | 19 (B2W2) | 21 (Sun/Moon)

You remember that rocket grunt that in the after game of the Gold and Silver?

He already had a family in Black and White.

Sorry, I have bad memory for some details.

But, he said he get them in that time?

Probably he already had a wife and a son, but it wasn't revelant for the history until B/W.

Just watch the video i linked in the OP if you want to refresh your memory, I think she talks abut Black and White about the 5 minute mark.

She assumes that he get married, but she didn't said that he was single or anything before that.

Also, may be a bad justification, but probably the creators just miscalculated the age of the kid. They just made the Grunt have a family to show how he changed, but just that, they never try to make the kid respect all the chronology of pokemon, is not like he is relevant either. So, if that the only contradiction, I think that that's all.

I mean, why they would say "10 years between R/B and S/M", if then we would have 6-8 years wasted in B/W just because the bald guy has family.

GameFreak doesnt care about the timeline, just look at Wally hes supposed to be 1 year younger than Red and Blue in Sun and Moon.

RadicalMrR said:
GameFreak doesnt care about the timeline, just look at Wally hes supposed to be 1 year younger than Red and Blue in Sun and Moon.
Oh, ok.

Then this should be closed, because now not even the creators care about his games.

~_~

Back