• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The most pedantic Superman correction.

Superman's age is listed as Likely 35-40 which is inaccurate since Clark should be around the same age as Lois as demonstrated by them both being in high school during Superboys comics (which despite starting in the 40s is actually part of earth 1's continuity from understanding) and Lois was stated to be 22 in promotion for her own comic.
Batman114-09.jpg

Also his profile should probably list Superboy as one of his names since that was technically is first official name.

So to my hazy knowledge of Pre-Crisis Superman:
  • He was 21 in "Superman: The Secret Years" which was when he was in college and met Lois afterwards
But that doesn't tell us a lot. So I will use the most powerful scaling known to man: Dick Grayson
  • Superman first meet a young Robin in Superman #76 when he was age 8 or 12 (iirc his age was retconned but I don't remember when)
  • In Batman #166 Robin has officially started High School. Now this is more in-depth than I need to be, but from a Google search is seems DC released a calendar called Super DC Calendar that puts Dick's birthday on November 11th so he probably started at 14 and ended at 18.
  • In Batman #217 he's officially gone into University so he was 18-19
  • In Tales of Teen Titans #44 he acknowledges growing up in Superman and Batman's shadow and dawns his new name of Nightwing
So with this in mind I would say that we make Superman's age "At least 27" or "27-31" based on being 22 when meeting Lois and being 27-31 by the time Dick becomes Nightwing.

So to my hazy knowledge of Pre-Crisis Superman:
  • He was 21 in "Superman: The Secret Years" which was when he was in college and met Lois afterwards
But that doesn't tell us a lot. So I will use the most powerful scaling known to man: Dick Grayson
  • Superman first meet a young Robin in Superman #76 when he was age 8 or 12 (iirc his age was retconned but I don't remember when)
  • In Batman #166 Robin has officially started High School. Now this is more in-depth than I need to be, but from a Google search is seems DC released a calendar called Super DC Calendar that puts Dick's birthday on November 11th so he probably started at 14 and ended at 18.
  • In Batman #217 he's officially gone into University so he was 18-19
  • In Tales of Teen Titans #44 he acknowledges growing up in Superman and Batman's shadow and dawns his new name of Nightwing
So with this in mind I would say that we make Superman's age "At least 27" or "27-31" based on being 22 when meeting Lois and being 27-31 by the time Dick becomes Nightwing.
This man just powerscaled age.

I'm proud of you, Dick.

I did forget to account for the 8 year age to the full extent. So it should be 27-33 since its at least "22 + 5 (Assuming Robin was 14 when he started)" to "22 + 6 (Robin aged 8-14) + 4 (Highschool) + 1 (College)"

OK did some digging and it seems the first time Clark and Lois meet on earth-1 is during Adventure Comics 128 or Adventure Comics 261 where both are directly depicted as teenagers. If Clark was 27 and Lois was 22 which kinda doesn't make sense.
20230713_DC_News_ListerySMLois6.jpg
20230713_DC_News_ListerySMLois5.jpg

OK did some digging and it seems the first time Clark and Lois meet on earth-1 is during Adventure Comics 128 or Adventure Comics 261 where both are directly depicted as teenagers. If Clark was 27 and Lois was 22 which kinda doesn't make sense.
I said Clark at the end of Pre-Crisis was 27 based on how Robin aged in-universe. When he started as Superman he was canonically 21 to 22 as featured in the story I mentioned.

Last edited:
Back