• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

𝗣𝗼𝗸é𝗺𝗼𝗻: 𝗖𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗧𝗿𝗶𝗼 𝗘𝗱𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

Sniper670

He/Him
It's very simple really.

There's already a blog with heavy implications for 2A cosmology. Being "Likely" because there isn't a direct statement of there being infinite universes..... Except there is.
I came accross this dialogue by Zinnia, where she flat out says this:
We can get lost in our thoughts on infinite universes and galaxies far away
Now you'd say "But Masters is not primary canon".....

Except, every new info that was added to Masters was checked to make sure it fit into canon
Pokemon.com: How do you flesh out characters who have had minimal screen time in the Pokémon RPGs? Did you work with people at The Pokémon Company to make sure your new details were in canon?

Mr. Sasaki: We have worked with The Pokémon Company closely on details in the game, and they have of course checked our new details to make sure they fit in the world of Pokémon. One of the major new features of this game—and the content that we want to highlight—is the interaction between various Trainers. Players will be able to enjoy new and exciting interactions between Trainers who may not have interacted before.

To create these interactions, we considered the personalities and backgrounds of these Trainers and made sure that our content did not deviate from that. If a character would never say or do a certain thing, we made sure that they do not in our game.
This is coming directly from their official website

And this is the same Zinnia who confirmed the existence of parallel worlds in ORAS

Each Universe is Infinite btw. Not that it will change anything

Conclusion
There's already a ton of evidence pointing to 2A, and this should be enough to give the Creation trio a full 2A rating.

NB: Due to some disagreements about which version Yu Sasaki was referring to, down beloe he is the Executive Officer, Head of the Game Business Unit at Dena North America. So this interview was for the English release. To support this, the interview doesn't exist for any other version than the English release.

Agree: @Bobsican, @Zencha9
, @Thelastmlg, @y3p_owo, @Lord_Farquaad69420, @Greatsage13th, @Reiner, @Ego, @Dereck03, @CRYING_POTATO_55, @Transcending

Disagree: @Potemkat

Neutral:

Last edited:
I don't believe using mtl and badly placed grammar will be enough to rule it out.

Merely placing words wrongly can greatly change the meaning of words. What the heck is this supposed to be.
Hey! Heads up, the \n line in coding means new line, So if you're gonig to translate the phrase you have to translate Òü»ÒéïÒüïÚüáÒüÅ…… Õ«çÕ«ÖÒü©Òü« and µÇØÒüäÒéÆ ÒüñÒü«ÒéëÒüøÒü¬ÒüîÒéë Òüò as seperate lines
Nah, I need the source of the Raws themselves.

If you want to play that game, then every Pokémon material should be using the Japanese version and not the official English version.

It doesn't matter even if the Japanese version didn't say it

The OFFICIAL English Pokémon website says everything input in the game checked to fit into the world of Pokémon

I don't see the problem at all. This doesn't have any relevance to the plot, even if it doesn't exist in the Japanese version, it was just additional dialogue they decided to add, y'know, things that fit into the world of Pokémon .

It's not contradicting any plot, this is additional info that was added to the English version.

"The Japanese version said it"

"It doesn't exist in the Japanese version"

Why does it matter?, If the Company says "The Official English Version is valid"

The Company came and said every material checked in the Official English Version is crosschecked to make it fit into the Pokémon world

Whether the dialog exists or not is irrelevant to the fact that the company checked the material to make it canon, y'know, the English version. It's still canon and valid for an upgrade.

I will also add that based on the Interview and how they described it, the English version is not seeking validation from the Japanese version. The aim, is that the material is being made to fit into the world of Pokémon, and not to fit what the Japanese version has to say. Obviously the main plot would be laid down that the English Version would generally have to follow.

Last edited:
Regardless of if the statement is "canon" in-universe or not, the stance from the company in relation to lore mentioned in the English version leads me to think that information is indeed intended to be factual in relation to the cosmology, so I agree with the OP.

I still remember when this text was first found before they had even likely 2-A, everyone went crazy until we found out about the japanese version.

Anyway i agree with this, and if we accept the english version of the games as equally canon, i believe there might be stuff english only worth checking

Pokemon Company and other companies like Nintendo (for manga Zelda) do this for everything based on their franchise. It's for the image of the series.

They are only big rules/guidelines, not word for word analysis. I think the manga writers explained how it worked and that they still have lots of liberties.

Pokemon Company and other companies like Nintendo (for manga Zelda) do this for everything based on their franchise. It's for the image of the series.
They are only big rules/guidelines, not word for word analysis. I think the manga writers explained how it worked and that they still have lots of liberties.
So "infinite universes and galaxies" is interpreted as liberties taken and doesn't fit within the world of Pokémon? , even when the Official English website came out to confirm the material in there is made to fit within the world of Pokémon? Even when infinite universes have already been heavily implied?

Since when did we use the Japanese version of Masters on the wiki anyway? It's suddenly relevant when it has to do with an upgrade? Is that so?

Well that won't help you at all.

WoG says it's canon. Explain why it's not. 🎅

So "infinite universes and galaxies" is interpreted as liberties taken and doesn't fit within the world of Pokémon? , even when the Official English website came out to confirm the material in there is made to fit within the world of Pokémon? Even when infinite universes have already been heavily implied?
It's a liberty because the primary focus is that she's supposed to talk about being lost in thoughts..

Your link also says they just make sure the character stay in-character.
I re-read, and nothing talk about the game's translation in other languages too or that other languages are supposed to put new things. Mr. Sasaki is a producer, not a translator.
Since when did we use the Japanese version of Masters on the wiki anyway? It's suddenly relevant when it has to do with an upgrade? Is that so?

Well that won't help you at all.

WoG says it's canon. Explain why it's not. 🎅
Why are you being aggressive...
I searched a bit, and people use japanese version of Pokémon a lot here... I don't understand why you are being so mean with me

They just talk about not making the text out of character..
It's not different from Himekawa's Zelda manga.

Last edited:
It's a liberty because the primary focus is that she's supposed to talk about being lost in thoughts..
Your link also says they just make sure the character stay in-character.
How is that taking liberty?

She's lost in thought thinking about, y'know, those infinite universes and galaxies far away

The link talks about making whatever is said fit within the world of Pokémon

You're free to say "they just" doesn't debunk the Canonicity of that statement

Why are you being aggressive...
I searched a bit, and people use japanese version of Pokémon a lot here... I don't understand why you are being so mean with me
I'm being mean?
They talk about not making the text out of character..
It's not different from Himekawa's Zelda manga.
They talk about making whatever is said fit within the world of Pokémon, in addition to what you said.

I don't know about Zelda.

How is that taking liberty?

She's lost in thought thinking about, y'know, those infinite universes and galaxies far away

The link talks about making whatever is said fit within the world of Pokémon

You're free to say "they just" doesn't debunk the Canonicity of that statement
The original sentence is about being lost in thoughts in the vast universe tho. There's no mention of galaxies too.
If the translation wrote it differently, I think it's weird to say the original is more innacurate..

Also like I say, it doesn't say things about the translations. Mr. Sasaki is producer.
I'm being mean?
Yes, I don't understand why..
They talk about making whatever is said fit within the world of Pokémon, in addition to what you said.

I don't know about Zelda.
Yes, it's true for everything named Pokémon.
But we don't say the translations are better than the original text..

The original sentence is about being lost in thoughts in the vast universe tho. There's no mention of galaxies too.
If the translation wrote it differently, I think it's weird to say the original is more innacurate..
We go with the Official English Version because they clarified any information put into it is canon and every detail is checked to make sure it fit into the world of Pokémon

"Infinite universes and galaxies" is far too direct to have simply been a translation error rather than a deliberate attempt
Also like I say, it doesn't say things about the translations. Mr. Sasaki is producer.
That's irrelevant because it talks about how canon the English material is to the world of Pokémon.

Yes, I don't understand why..

Yes, it's true for everything named Pokémon.
But we don't say the translations are better than the original text..
We can say the English version is equally as canon. As was mentioned on their website

You can't tell me we'll use the official English version until it says something you don't agree with and in that case you'll decide to use the Japanese version lol

We go with the Official English Version because they clarified any information put into it is canon and every detail is checked to make sure it fit into the world of Pokémon

"Infinite universes and galaxies" is far too direct to have simply been a translation error rather than a deliberate attempt
They don't say anything about translations tho. I don't see where you read this.

It's not rare for translations to do that I think. To speak english, I have to put way more words than I do in japanese.

I That's irrelevant because it talks about how canon the English material is to the world of Pokémon.
It doesn't mention the english version especially. Where do you see that?
We can say the English version is equally as canon. As was mentioned on their website

You can't tell me we'll use the official English version until it says something you don't agree with and in that case you'll decide to use the Japanese version lol
The website does not say that.. Can you show the sentence saying that about translations ?

It's not about not agreeing... I searched a bit, and people use japanese to be more accurate all the time.

They don't say anything about translations tho. I don't see where you read this.
It's not rare for translations to do that I think. To speak english, I have to put way more words than I do in japanese.
I That's irrelevant because it talks about how canon the English material is to the world of Pokémon.
It doesn't mention the english version especially. Where do you see that?

The website does not say that.. Can you show the sentence saying that about translations
All these are just variations of the same thing so I'll address them all at once

TPC put that on their official English website because that is exactly what they're referring to.

This interview does not exist for any other version than the English version

Explain to me why TPC will put this on their English website and be referring to any other version than the English version

It's not about not agreeing... I searched a bit, and people use japanese to be more accurate all the time.
Sure. Still irrelevant for something that has been confirmed to be canon

All these are just variations of the same thing so I'll address them all at once

TPC put that on their official English website because that is exactly what they're referring to.

This interview does not exist for any other version than the English version

Explain to me why TPC will put this on their English website and be referring to any other version than the English version
Because the interviewer is english.

Mr. Sasaki isn't a translator. He's producer, the one who create the game and mechanics.

Why would he talk about the english translation when that's not his role?

I don't think it's right saying that he talks of a specific translation when he never says this.

Mr. Sasaki also made interview in japanese the same year, so I think it's weird to say he was supposed to just talk about english.
You failed to answer why he'd be talking about the japanese version when
1. the interview does not exist for it
2. TPC put it on the official website, confirming its talking about the English Version

BTW,
they have of course checked our new details to make sure they fit in the world of Pokémon
I don't see the problem here

Back