• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Piracy can be a good thing - Cole MacGrath (Infamous) vs Monkey D Luffy (One Piece)

You know the drill. This is Good RFI Cole vs Whole Cake-Island Luffy.

High 6-C Galore!

As usual BFR and KO and Death counts as the conditions to win. The stage they'll be fighting in should be the fairest one possible for both. So a normal town close to the sea should be good.

Err, ignore the Misaka. She's just there to watch.

Cole and mikoto by sukreih-d5b0msm
Luffy by young street-d7nmyxi

Cole cause he can burn or freeze luffy while luffy needs to get close and yes know he can stretch but i dont think that much of help considering cole can dodge that rather easily with flying

or just push them away with telekinesis cole has far greater versatility while luffy has one way of winning

At the same time those arent his strongest moves. Good cole btw. And to further explain it's not like Cole can permanently stay airborne either since Luffy would have an easier time dodging. Most of his attacks are also limited in terms of dealing damage due to his reliance on electricity and blunt force.

Luffy has no way of winning here it's a stomp.

Which hurts me to say since Luffy is my favorite fictional character. Rubber boy gets slaughtered here.

As a Cole fanboy I assure you it's not a stomp and it's likelier Luffy wins. The moment he gets close to Cole the conduit isnt gonna get away without some heavy hits. Not to mention he doesnt have that life force drain as a good guy. His cryokinesis isnt his focus here since it's not his strongest move and can at most keep Luffy still for a bit. He's no Aokiji.

Ok well I still have two issues with this. Does this Cole still have that regen ( High )and does he have the ability to turn into a black hole? and which Luffy are you using? Gear Fourth is getting bumped to Low 6-B.

Nope and Nope. That's all strictly Evil Cole and Beast Cole. This is Good Cole.

Ooh that's awesome, though in that case I'll have to restrict Gear Fourth. If that's the case then Luffy would be too much to handle. To the point that I have to use Evil Cole but that might cause a stomp on the other end.

Cole still has flight and his energy barrages, but now gets the ability to freeze people. No teleportation either.

Freeze them instantly usually. Encase them in sub-zero temperatures and the way he does so is done by freezing the air. Which means Luffy should be able to break out. Can also summon sharp icicles, ice pillars, shields that absorb elemental energy, a solid ice shield, and ice blocks.

If I wanna push further I can argue that he can shoot ice beams, slide on ice, and even control the ice around him. Though not as strong as electricity it's still a good option against Luffy.

Ah thank you for all of this information. I can use this in future Cole threads.

Anyhow I believe Luffy can has higher AP and Durability. So I'll have to vote for him via resistance to electricity, blunt force resistance and better stamina ( depending where the battle takes place.) Freezing him could work however Aokiji did the same to Luffy and he survived it. Aokiji also froze Doffy solid and Doffy broke out of it easily. Base Luffy scales to Doffy to an extent so he should be able to break out of Cole's ice ( of course he'd have to try more than Doffy did.)

Np. Oh that said to clarify on the draining part, Good Cole can do it but it's more of a last resort.

And solid arguments. But I'd say Cole has better stamina to be honest due to the issue of him naturally recovering his energy with no limit. Which in turn leads to healing actually.

Luffy 1

Cole 0

Hmmmm, let's see

Cole is in deep trouble here. Most of his attacks rely on electricity and kinetic energy, so all of his bolts, and most of his rockets, grenades, blasts and rockets are basically useless.

However, luckily Cole isn't just limited to that. Once he realizes that his attacks are ineffectivec, he'll quickly switch tactics to better suit his situation. We've seen him do it with several enemies throughout the series.

His saving grace here is his flight, gravity manipulation, ice manipulation, regen and his speed advantage.

Luffy has the advantage in CQC, since he relies more on up close combat, Cole's no slouch but he's more of a range fighter who'll get up close if he has to.

However, his reliance on up close combat really screws him over here with Cole's planetary range + shields + flight.

Sure, Luffy can stretch to close the gap, and has pseudo-fought, but Cole has several means of blocking or dodging.

When Luffy does eventually close the distance (precog), Cole can easily send him packing with a Graviton Blast, which lowers the gravity of those caught in it. Cole can then follow up with numerous methods, such as turning him into Swiss cheese with a barrage of icicles being launched by a shockwave, or he can freeze him solid and then shatter him with the Amp.

Never forget that Cole's continuously pumping out energy in this form, so he doesn't have to worry about running out or getting tired. His regen should also be continuously working (should be Low-Mid, so any wounds he does receive should be healed up relatively quickly.

Also, stat amping and minor reactive evolution. It works in relation to how much energy he's absorbed, so he should theoretically be getting stronger as the fight goes on, meaning there is a chance his kinetic energy attacks may overcome Luffy's rubber body.

Not sure if gigawatt blades are usable in inFAMOUS 2, so I'm not gonna say much, other than they have sliced through electrically resistant foes before.

Draining is usually done as a last resort, but it's always an option, though it requires physical contact unlike Evil Cole. He just needs to get a solid grip on Luffy and start draining.

This is a VERY close fight....

Inconclusive for now, I'll wait for more arguments later.

Damn pts. Thats a lot. And yeah gigawatt claws should be usable. Theyre shown in the comics after all. Might be his main weapon against Luffy. And so happy a fight between my two favorite characters is so close.

Gonna bump this before I go off but to point out two things

PTS, Cole has never showed the capability to freeze something and then shatter it to pieces right?

And I think he needs to overwhelm someone in physical force to drain them.

Not sure if Luffy has an answer to the shout Haki either.

He arguably should be able to shatter an object after freezing it via physical impact. The game typically depicts Cole freezing something as merely encasing something in ice, but that is arguably either game mechanics or his moral choice. Hero Cole (aka Cole with Ice Powers) is more merciful compared to his Infamous counterpart. His powers focus more on non-lethal takedowns that do minimal damage to the surrounding area, whereas Evil Cole would wipe out a city block if it meant getting the job done quicker and more efficiently.

However, that doesn't mean Hero Cole won't go for the kill, he'll definitely freeze someone solid if he has to. Even his Freeze Rockets can ice the Vermaak soldiers, who's blood is literally ice cold (received transfusions from Kuo, who's Conduit blood, which has been described several times to be inhumanly cold).

While it's true the animation shows Cole needed to overpower his victim and grab their face, that is arguably a game mechanic, and he arguably should be able to do it with a touch. Merely Cole managing to grab Luffy's ankle or wrist should suffice, and his fighting style with the Amp utilizes plenty of flips and grapples. Add that in with his speed advantage, and he should eventually be able to get a solid grip on Luffy, and initiate the drain before Luffy has a chance to throw him off. And after Cole starts draining, it's basically impossible to stop him, since he's draining the energy that keeps your nervous system/brain, the things that tell your body how to move, going.

Well, I wouldn't say Cole is weak willed, especially Hero Cole, who stuck to his moral code throughout the whole game, even if it made things harder for him. He even had the will power to fight off Sasha's mind games, and deal with Kessler's psychological taunting. There's also Cole's high resistance to mind manipulation/mind control.

Also, Luffy got a few upgrades, so that might affect a few things.

Hmmm as for the freezing would that truly work? As we've seen in the past Aokiji froze Doffy solid to the bone and he was able to break out easily, and this Luffy should be comparable to Doffy at this point. There's also the fact that Aokiji froze Luffy pre time skip ( Albeit it incapacitated him, nonetheless something like that should have killed him.)

As for the drain it seems like it's it can be debated if it's a game mechanic or if he actually needs to grab his face or not so I won't dive too much into that. However I'll say this if Cole does manage to grab Luffy he should be able to break out using his superior AP or simply goes for a Gum Gum no Stomp to get Cole off. ( Depending how fast it is.)

As for Conquerors Haki it's actually different from mind manipulation, it's more closely related to Emphatic Manipulation if anything. I tend not to get into the mechanics of Conquerors Haki too much since it's still very mysterious as to how it works. If Cole is weak willed ( Which I doubt.) Then a blast of Conquerors Haki COULD work.

Drain isn't a game mechanic when it's explicitly shown and explained in canon.

Plus it's instant, Luffy ain't breaking out.

Wasn't asking if the move itself is a game mechanic I was asking if Cole needs to actually grab and or overpower someone to do it.

Well it seems Hero Cole wouldn't use it unless absolutely necessary and Luffy doesn't kill so this can go either way, but I'll just give it to Luffy via my previous reasoning.

But it's nigh impossible to break out once the drain starts because the energy required to keep your body is disappearing, also note that Cole is draining the life energy out of you at the same time. And Cole will resort to Bio-Leech if necessary (he has canonically used it in game)

And while Luffy is physically stronger, Cole is still has a speed advantage (which can be boosted via precision), so its more likely that he'll managed to get a hold on Luffy.

Debatable on the ice thing. While Luffy is comparable to Doffy in AP, that does not mean that their compatibile in abilities. Doffy is a string man, Luffy is a rubber man, it'd make sense that their bodies react differently to different situations.

There's also the fact that rubber IRL gets hard and brittle when exposed to cold temperatures, making it lose it's elasticity.

Cole still has other options beyond freezing, such as piercing damage via icicles and gigawatt blades, and if he gets close enough to the water, he could use a combination of gravity manipulation and lighting tether to lower Luffy's gravity, then fling him into the water, effectively incapacitating him.

Cole via Electricity and Ice, or pretty much his main weakness as a guy made out of rubber.

He doesn't have regen so imo he probably dies. Evil Cole on the other hand would be unfair on the other side of the spectrum.

Also the match is done before actually.

Back