• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pink State Steven Universe (Monster Form Restricted) vs Yellow Diamond, speed equalized

Battle Conditions: Takes place in a 100-acre (about 0.4-square-kilometer), flat, open field bordered on all sides by a forest with rocky terrain and some mountains, the opponents start out 20 meters apart. Both in-character but willing to kill. Victory by incap or death. Speed equalized. Steven can use all abilities and forms of Pink State, including his Aggressive Pink State in which he is boosted by Rage Power, but can't use Monster Form. Each is aware of the other's abilities as they are at the end of Future, but get no prep-time. Steven starts in his "base" Pink State.

Aggro Traumatized Pink Boi: 7

Yellow Giant Woman with OCD:

Inconclusive (but Greg stomps Yellow with his almighty censored):

Background Info (I express NO opinion on a victor unless lots of other votes come in. EDIT: That ended up happening): Yellow has Transmutation and Size Manip (which Steven doesn't outright resist but can block with his shields); he can shift back after being altered but it would create an opening. She has range via Lightning (which Steven again doesn't resist but can block with shields), serving as a "carrier" for Deconstruction, which destabilizes Gems and should be "half-potent" against a Half-Gem, as we saw in the episode Jail Break that destabilization partly-incapacitates Steven enough to create an opening. Steven has advantages via his Shields (which can be used as ranged attacks), True Flight (like when stomping Jasper), and his screams.

Aaaand. . . .DEBATE!

Last edited:
Gonna have to say steven, as her power was shown to have little to no effect on his monster state, he is also clearly superior in terms of raw power in that state.

Nickobloke said:
Gonna have to say steven, as her power was shown to have little to no effect on his monster state, he is also clearly superior in terms of raw power in that state.
But Monster State is restricted here. As I pointed out in the Note/Background portion, the best we can be sure of regarding non-Monster Pink State Steven is that if she alters his size or form, he won't resist it outright but rather will have to shift back into his original state, which would create a brief opening. Note that in his abilities-list, Weekly and I made it a BIG point to only give him Resistances to Transmutation and Mind Manipulation in his Monster Form.

Right now I will still count it as a vote for Steven but I will also ask you, aside from Monster Form, when has Pink State definitively been shown as having raw power superior to Yellow or Blue?

Edit: Of course as the OP I will give no opinion of my own as to who wins, I am simply being logical in pointing out what we know about the two characters' abilities under the conditions of the battle.

well I just said only in that state, there has not been any shown definite display of superiority to them, although I wouldn't dismiss pink state steven having a good chance. I mean, yes there is a size difference, but im still leaning for steven.

Nickobloke said:
well I just said only in that state, there has not been any shown definite display of superiority to them, although I wouldn't dismiss pink state steven having a good chance. I mean, yes there is a size difference, but im still leaning for steven.
Okay then, a vote for Steven it is! Being honest, even if I wasn't the OP I honestly have no idea who I think would win this, it's a tough call which I assume is why you said you're "leaning" for Steven. One reason I posted this is because we now NEED a Steven vs Diamond match, but Blue is not versatile enough since Steven resists her hax, and White would stomp him without Monster Form but get stomped by his MF. The second reason is that I honestly want to know who would win this according to the majority opinion of people on here, because I myself have noooo idea 😂😂😂😂

yeah, its a hard ne, but if you don't restrict him he easily stomps in his monster form, while his pink state does make him far stronger then the likes of lapis, its hard top tell if he could take down yellow.

This should be a very close call and too close to call. There AP should be around the same as Yellow Diamond can mostly likely do the same Strength and Durability cheats that Steven can do. Steven has no resistances to Yellow Diamond's magic though he can transform back. Steven has an advantage in shields and Yellow Diamond has superior ranged attacks. There around the same in speed. Yellow should be able to shrug off all the sheild flying at her. I'd say I really don't know and say this is to close to call.

Greg stomps though.

If he stayed on the offensive using bubble fists and the hexogonal shields, and used his super speed and normal shield to avoid Yellow's destabilization rays and mighty fists, he could take this.

(Wait, what would destabilization even do to Steven?)

DatBoiBrown said:
If he stayed on the offensive using bubble fists and the hexogonal shields, and used his super speed and normal shield to avoid Yellow's destabilization rays and mighty fists, he could take this.
(Wait, what would destabilization even do to Steven?)
Will it's not Pink Steven though Pink State the destabilization will be much more effective on him compared to him normally.

Okay so I'm adding one more vote for Steven and adding a section for "Inconclusive (but Greg stomps)" and putting a vote there, lmaooooo. Of COURSE Greg stomps, we all know that he can casually shatter any Gem in existence with the mighty power of his Murderc. . . .okay I'm gonna stop there, us in the fandom know what meme is being referenced when we say that Greg stomps, lmaooo. He's got that OLD UNIVERSE CHARM, after all.

Kyleb, the "super speed" argument isn't relevant here as remember I equalized their speed (just in case) to make things fair for Yellow since while she is **probably just as fast as Pink State Steven**, we have no actual proof of that.

Steven MAY actually have more skill at fighting than she does, given that the Diamonds never really bothered with actual melee-combat, they had "lower" Gems to do the fighting for them until they stepped down from power in Era 3. On the other hand though, Yellow is EXTREMELY physically skilled and coordinated, given how she could use a tiny little pair of tweezers to piece together a normal-sized gemstone from shards the size of a fingernail despite herself being the size of a building, so any argument like "well Steven has an advantage by being a smaller target" (not that anyone has said so yet though, lol) probably isn't valid.

See stuff like this is why I needed to post this to get people's opinions because I myself feel SO UNSURE!

Normally we go off by profile when it says "Somewhat scaling to Pink State Steven" I didn't see the speed equalize so sorry for that.

So guys here's one more (slight) advantage that Pink State Steven has and I forgot to note:

He has TRUE FLIGHT in Pink State, as he straight up just flew around through the air (without having to jump off of shields) in his second battle with Jasper where he lost control and shattered her. So yeah.

I don't think that would really help MUCH against Yellow with speed equalized and since she has ranged attacks and can jump REALLY high, but it may allow him to more easily stay out of her physical reach since he can fly freely while she would have to jump.

Personally as the OP I'm still going to decline to state my opinion on who wins. But I thought I would note this just to make sure everyone is aware of all the facts. I am only noting this because Weekly only JUST added True Flight to Steven's profile upon realizing we had forgotten about that ability.

I guess I will vote for Steven, High Difficulty for Yellow Diamond's lack of fighting and Steven skills and abilities mixed and more experienced in fighting(Near the time Steven was alive).

Kyleb79 said:
I guess I will vote for Steven, High Difficulty for Yellow Diamond's lack of fighting and Steven skills and abilities mixed and more experienced in fighting(Near the time Steven was alive).
Well no I don't think her lack of fighting EXPERIENCE makes her less skilled. As I pointed out, she was able to piece back together, very precisely, fingernail-sized gem-shards into their original gem-shape with tiny little tweezers even though she is the size of a building, LMAO.

I certainly wasn't trying to change your vote to one for Steven obviously! I am the OP and for that reason and others, for now at least I am completely neutral on this match.

I will count this as a vote for Steven buuuuut if you change your mind back to Incon because the skill-difference probably isn't legit, let us know. Lol. You didn't mention him being able to fly among your reasons for changing your vote. So again, just let us know if you change your mind, people can always do so.

I was pretty on the edge to switching back to inconclusive and since the Flight shouldn't really actually do much so switch it back.

Kyleb79 said:
I was pretty on the edge to switching back to inconclusive and since the Flight shouldn't really actually do much so switch it back.
Okay yeah so it is indeed a vote for Inconclusive, but Greg still stomps Yellow with the power of his almighty CENSORED

Good lord anyone who isn't into S.U.-memes is going to see the parts about Greg in this thread-conversation and be like "what the actual f*ck, you guys." LOL!

Soupywolf5 said:
Stolen Joke, But Oh wellGreg Universe: 10-B normally, High 6-A with his "Diamond Slaying Rod"
Soupywolf5 we now NEED to make a joke/wanked profile for Greg like you sometimes do. Update: I freaking did it you guys, I am an absolute and complete madlad. I made a wanked/joke profile for Greg with his almighty Diamond-Shattering Rod of Destruction!!! Anyone who is into those dumb memes can check it out. I made sure not to use any actual vulgar terms or cursing; I used the terms "penis" and "***********" but those don't actually break site rules since they aren't vulgar, as they are anatomically-correct medical terms, lol.

Soooo on a more serious note, anybody else wanna come in and vote here? I pointed out this thread to Weekly so I'm HOPING he will come vote. If people NOTICE this, we may be able to get a result before April 14, but that's looking doubtful, lol.

Um no we were saying GREG stomps, as a joke, lol. Adem said "for reasons above" which we can take to mean stuff like the reasons that DatBoiBrown gave! So I will add a vote for Steven. Nobody said Steven stomps. Regardless of who wins this will be a DIFFICULT battle for either side. Again as the OP I shall express no opinion unless it is at the end to make it reach a conclusion, and people have convinced me of the side with more votes; there technically ISN'T a rule against the OP voting, it just isn't supposed to be until later on as it would express bias; and besides, nobody has actually CONVINCED me of either side yet, personally, lol.

Also guys I made one for Steven against Blue Diamond, as well. If yyou all remember from Reunited, while her ranged-attacks aren't as hax as Yellow's (well except for her empathy-hax which Pink State resists anyway), Blue has MUCH more versatile ranged attacks as she has Danmaku using Energy Projection, so this could still be an interesting fight. Here it is: Pink State Steven (Monster Form Restricted) vs Blue Diamond, speed equalized

Since I don't want it buried behind other people's posts lol (no offense Kyleb you did nothing wrong lol), I will tell you guys again:

I also made one for Steven against Blue Diamond, as well. If you all remember from Reunited, while her ranged-attacks aren't as hax as Yellow's (well except for her empathy-hax which Pink State resists anyway), Blue has MUCH more versatile ranged attacks as she has Danmaku using Energy Projection, so it could still be an interesting fight. Here it is: Pink State Steven (Monster Form Restricted) vs Blue Diamond, speed equalized

I forgot to answer DatBoiBrown's question about what destabilization does to Steven:

We saw in the episode Jail Break that Destabilization is essentially "half-effective" on Steven. Remember the force-field barriers for the jail-cells that used Destabilization tech (same yellow lines that poof Gems) to imprison Gems? Steven was able to stand in those destabilizing-force-fields. However, while not fully destabilizing his form or permanently damaging him, they clearly caused him a great amount of physical discomfort and a very great effect on his body; when tanking those destabilizing-barriers he was clearly unable to simultaneously do things like fighting, he basically had to focus just on tanking the barrier. Probably the only reason they didn't do permament damage is because of his Regenerationn! So yeah, destabiliziation is essentially half-effective on him, it won't destroy or incapacitate him but it will definitely create an opening in a fight where he is slowed-down and unable to do much while affected by it. Yellow's destabilization should be about as effective on Pink State Steven as normal destabilizers were on Kid Steven.

Again guys, just so it doesn't get buried/unnoticed, I made a thread for Steven vs Blue as well, it's here: Steven vs Blue

Soupywolf5 said:
I'll probably vote Steven FRA (Albeit extremely high difficulty)
Alright then! And yeah like I said, while I'm still not convinced either way at this point, I'm sure this would be a very difficult fight for both sides.

Adding a vote for Steven!

Guys any new posts on here are going to disappear with the forum-move if I'm not mistaken, so there's no point voting right now! I'm going to add your votes to the tally, but in the end I'm pretty sure they will be erased once the forum is moved.

Kyleb79 said:
Wait, what? Sorry, I haven't been on this wiki for a while.
There's a forum move happening. Any forum threads or posts from after April 15 are not going to be preserved and will just disappear. This is now officially upsetting to me since with these two new votes, Steven is ONE VOTE AWAY from victory, which would be cool. But even if he gets a seventh vote, it would be absolutely pointless to add a victory for him due to it, because this thread is going to revert to the version where he only has four votes once the forum-move happen. cries a little bit

Kyleb79 said:
The ones after April or the ones before.
We've all known since early April that any forum posts from after April 15 will be lost/erased forever (and there have been recurring notifications about it for literally everyone on here in the notifications section), and you're the one who created and has been posting a ton over in that one thread I kept responding to you in. How do you not know about the forum-move and its effects, why would you be casting/changing your vote now of all times?

Were you not even aware that the vast majority of the posts on your "strongest characters" thread are going to be reverted and lost forever after the move???

Kyleb79 said:
I haven't heard of it lol.
But. . .how is that even possible? How were you not aware of the forum-move and its effects? The mods and admins have bee doing everything they can to warn and notify everyone about it since early April.

I'm going to have to make a note to myself to contact you to re-cast your vote after the move is complete.

P.S. Mega Kirby 123, you're fine. I see you aren't an especially active user, so I wouldn't have expected you to necessarily know about the move, let alone its effects (that all posts between April 15 and the move will disappear forever).

You mean the one I always check on? "Warning Do not access Team Fortress 2 or Counter-Strike: Global Offensive games".

Back