• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord meets the King of Evil (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm guessing this would be a great chance to put these two in a battle once more, seeing how last time it got nowhere due to Overlord revisions

The ruler of the tomb of Nazarrick against the Great king of evil, here are the rules

-Speed is equal (It has to be)

They start like 50m or 164ft from each other

-Current Ainz will be used so 6-C

-High 5-A Ganondorf will be used (Yes I know the difference in power is horrendous but hax can cover that)

Ganondorf Dragmire

Ganondorf SSBU
Ainz Ooal Gow

Ainz Ooal Gown
Votes

Bones: 2(Akreious, Aizenishere)

Pork: 3(Cal, Triforce, Parkjammer)

Inconclusive: 1(DryBob)

I have inserted text for the sake of this post reappearing at the top of the recent activity feed which is the key result into attracting potential debaters to this matter and resolve the question that had been presented at this very thread.

Aka Bump

What stops Ainz from doing Grasp Heart straight from the start or time-stop? Wait, I just saw low-godly regen. -.-

Ainz loses.

P.S: 50m is 164 ft.

@Kuroiha TGOALID can destroy incorporeal things like souls.

Is High 5-A Ganondorf even necessary? High 6-B Ganondorf is already something like hundreds of times stronger than Ainz. Plus, his 5-A form can resist Ainz's main weapons: time manipulation and TGOALID. Ainz fighting someone that much stronger seems unfair, even with hax.

Yep.

Life Essence (Detect Life), immediately take Ganon seriously, Time Stop + TGOALID = Dead Ganon

Huh. Didn't that attack kill everything within a 100 meter radius, or was that another attack?

It was TGOALID, it needs 12 seconds to activate, he also used La shūb nigurath with it.

FDrybob said:
@Kuroiha TGOALID can destroy incorporeal things like souls.

Is High 5-A Ganondorf even necessary? High 6-B Ganondorf is already something like hundreds of times stronger than Ainz. Plus, his 5-A form can resist Ainz's main weapons: time manipulation and TGOALID. Ainz fighting someone that much stronger seems unfair, even with hax.
I mean, just because he's stronger doesn't mean he'll nope all of his hax

Question is, can more potent hax compensate for tremendous difference in stats? I mean, High 5-A should be above la finale World-Enemy Boss in YGGDRASIL, N├¡├░höggr, whose hobby is to shatter planets and their dimensions. Ainz's haxxes are a pure joke in front of his raw powah.

What's the point of raw power if you can't land a hit since speed is equal and Ainz has clairvoyance?

I'm not saying Ainz would win, I'm simlly saying that even if he has a much higher AO it doesn't mean he can use it to its fullest

Changing my vote to inconclusive. Ainz will be forced to use TGOALID, but due to Ganon's resistance to existence erasure and soul hax, he might be able to resist it.

Interesting... Why people don't add the verse to the topics?

Questions:

Is there anything stopping Ganon from one-shotting? Regen, immortality etc.

What are Ainz' main haxes?

Ainz has several spells for instant death, he stops time, he can use world class items which can change certain laws or something like that, he can create black holes, lots of elemental attacks...

It's all on his page

Careful what you wish for

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses, Extrasensory Perception, Master Swordsmanship, Arrow, Dual Wield, Magic, Elemental Manipulation (Fire Manipulation, Wind Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, Hell Flame Manipulation), Time Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation, Durability Negation, Negative Energy Manipulation, Darkness Manipulation, Light Manipulation, Gravity Manipulation, Death Manipulation, Undead Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Black Hole Creation, Forcefield Creation, Telepathy, Healing (Also heals from negative energy), Necromancy, Regenerationn (At least Low-Mid), Immortality (Types 1, 3, potentially 4 and 7), Creation, Absorption, Invisibility, Teleportation, Flight, Explosion Creation, Mind Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation, Enemy Summoning Rejection, Can boost his stats (Strength, Speed, etc), Resurrection (himself and others), Summoning, Spiritual Awareness and Night Vision, Aura, Portal Creation, Homing Attacks, Reality Warping (With "Wish Upon A Star"), Statistics Reduction (Can reduce the strength and speed of opponents with each touch) Can cast almost any spell instantly without having to annunciate it, Resistance to Magic, Poison, Disease, Sleep, Paralysis, Physical Impediment, Necromancy, Energy Drain, Mind Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Acid Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Information Analysis, Clairvoyance and Time Manipulation, Dimensional Storage, Clairvoyance, Transmutation, Transformation, Information Analysis, Self-Information Manipulation, Holy Manipulation, Memory Manipulation, Morality Manipulation (Has shown to be charismatic in his speech.), Fear Manipulation, Madness Manipulation, Negation, Resistance Negation (The Goal of All Life is Death allows Ainz to ignore any types of resistance to his insta-death magic - even immunities or immortality) Can cause damage to intangible targets, Damage Boost, Status Effect Inducement

I...I meant that I didn't want to read it whole...

Also, I don't know what he leads with and which hax is actually combat applicable.

Well, he always starts with a timestop, then he has several ways to instakill with TGOALID, which after 12 seconds kill everything in a certain radius. He can also grasp someone's heart and squish it outside of the body, then he can cast destructive light down from the sky, teleport, enhance magic, turn invisible cast a black hole that sucks in enemies... and lots of other things but I really don't feel like counting all of them.

It's important to know that timestop is his beginning move

Hmm... Ganon could eventually break out of the timestop now that I think about it, does Dark Beast Ganon resist the timestop of the Sheikah slate?, but I'm not completely sure if he could do it before Ainz can use his good hax.

TGOALID is death manip, soul, EE or...?

@Triforce

I've tried it, and Ganon still gets affected by sheikah slate, believe me this I did it myself, works on Calamity, don't know about beast ganon, probably can't be affected by any ability tbh

TGOALID is death manip

Idk about that, Ainz has soul manip but I don't know how potent it is, also Shalltear was also able to resurrect herself after being affected by TGOALID

If it can't affect souls, Ganon can just come back (as his Low-Godly doesn't have the previous drawback).

Ganon via breathing then. Everything he does can kill Ainz. Energy balls, invincibility, intangibility etc.

I'm inclined to believe TGOALID targets the soul or life essence, I know it has no real effect on the physical body. It simply kills entities. It's death manip, right? Low-Godly's whole thing is it can regen a whole body but TGOALID doesn't target the body.

On topic: Ainz'es basic death manip probably wouldn't affect him, and I think Ganon would have enough time finish Ainz if he struck first. Ganon's weakness in his 5-A form is Arrogance so maybe Ainz could pull off a win, due to strategy, tp, effulgent beryl, etc. Overall I think this is inconclusive because it heavily depends on whether Ganon will finish Ainz before Ainz decides to use TGOALID (which he would be reluctant to use immediately in character IMO)

Considering TGoALiD works on constructs as well as those otherwise immune to insta-death I'd say it is potent enough unless proven otherwise. And if Time Stop does work on Ganon well Ainz will use it combined with TGoALiD the second Grasp Heart fails (assuming he doesn't lead with this strategy)

So my vote goes to Ainz for now.

Ainz can resurrect if Ganon kills him, and he can use invisibility and teleportation to escape while TGOALID counts down.

I mean TGOALID is still death manip and Ganon can spam Low Godly. Plus O don't recall death manip affecting the soul. Then again, can can read minds so he could do something about it.

How good is Ainz clairvoyance @Anyone

Ainz'es Death manip isn't the kind that manipulates factors associated with death to make them die, like biological functions. It's more abstract in the sense that it just brings death. In the description of Death Manipulation on vsbattles, this definition fits the best IMO:

"Others affect their target on a more abstract level, simply causing them to die for no discernible reason"

Basically with his normal death magic, it's like if it can die it does. With TGOALID, even if it can't die (the air, the ground) it still dies. Death manip in Overlord is different from some verses, it just brings death (regardless of regen).

Ainz'es mind reading isn't really combat-applicable. He usually has to dig through memories himself, and he can change them etc. His clairvoyance helps him to find places people and things, sensing enemies, sensing undead, checking an enemies vitality or magic power. He has a lot of information-gathering magic, but no notable precog. (idk if this answers your question)

Well you've been very helpfull, but honestly, saying it just kills anything sounds a bit NLFish.

Besides it still has a range and recovery time and Shalltear did bring herself back afterwards so idk.

Should be noted that Ganon also regenerated from having his soul crushed, so he can probably just come back if it affects souls but it doesn't destroy them

Also, if it works on things that don't have a soul, then it likely doesn't affect them, meaning that Ganon can just come back.

I'm also not sure if it can bypass Ganon's type 4 immortality, granted by a 2-C goddess.

He has several ways to BFR if Ainz resurrects, as well as transforming it into a soul without him realizing it, and Ainz can't harm Ganon anymore. He can also possess, time stop as well, mindhax, moral manip etc.

Shalltear was only revived because of an item she possessed, she didn't bring herself back. Triforce brings up a good point though, because he has immortality granted from something else, it's likely he'll keep being brought back to life by that whether or not Ainz kills him with his death spells.

I'll switch my vote over to Ganon because it makes sense that Ainz couldn't put him down fully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back