• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't [Reality Slash] ignore conventional durability?

Volume 3 Chapter 5

It cleaved through the very fabric of space, and fresh blood fountained from Shalltear's chest.

A hit from this powerful attack spell could disregard virtually any form of magical defense.

Jugger47 said:
Wouldn't [Reality Slash] ignore conventional durability?
Volume 3 Chapter 5

It cleaved through the very fabric of space, and fresh blood fountained from Shalltear's chest.

A hit from this powerful attack spell could disregard virtually any form of magical defense.
Is it not listed as that?

So, I'm making a profile for Mare now that I posted one for Aura, but I have like no clue what to classify her World Item's ability as, since it deals with absorbing and storing EXP points. Would that be some kind of weird Power Absorption skill?

Reality Slash is dura negation, yeah.

Dargoo Faust said:
So, I'm making a profile for Mare now that I posted one for Aura, but I have like no clue what to classify her World Item's ability as, since it deals with absorbing and storing EXP points. Would that be some kind of weird Power Absorption skill?
It might not be combat applicable

Dargoo Faust said:
Thats.....a good question

Also you should add resistance to death manip to the guardians profiles, since as high level npcs they should have this

That's the reason for time manip resistance right? Or was there something else mentioned?

Apeironaxim said:
Also you should add resistance to death manip to the guardians profiles, since as high level npcs they should have this
That's the reason for time manip resistance right? Or was there something else mentioned?
Ignore the death manip part, just saw it on Demiurge at least

Apeironaxim said:
I'd say it's more from Ainz saying "I see. Countermeasures against time spells are always essential.", so you'd assume the Guardians would be able to deal with it in one way or another, especially considering many of them have Time-based abilities of their own.

Apeironaxim said:
The Floor guardians all have time stop resistance as they kind of had to from when it was a game to fight players.

Jugger47 said:
The Floor guardians all have time stop resistance as they kind of had to from when it was a game to fight players.
Related to that, I really want to know exactly what Victim did to all those players who tried to raid Nazarick

Ah well, another thing to hope for more info

Apeironaxim said:
Is there anyone else who has enough info for a profile other than the remaining guardians?
There is enough for all of them but there would obviously still be alot lacking like how strong Sebas dragon form would be and what type of attacks?

I personally would love to have a Evileye profile too XD

Apeironaxim said:
Related to that, I really want to know exactly what Victim did to all those players who tried to raid Nazarick

Ah well, another thing to hope for more info
XD If I had to guess a wide area stasis or paralysis ability.

Apeironaxim said:
Since she's a vampire she would have the same basic vampire resistances Shalltear has right?
Yea just minus the death manipulation class abilities and whatnot obviously.

Jugger47 said:
XD If I had to guess a wide area stasis or paralysis ability.
I'm kinda hoping he just hit them with like, 20 or more debuffs

Seems like the kind of thing the guild would have

That lifting strength on all the profiles seem so wrong. I get that its unknown but I doubt it would be Athletic Human

Jugger47 said:
That lifting strength on all the profiles seem so wrong. I get that its unknown but I doubt it would be Athletic Human
I mean, the only lifting feat I can think of is Gargantua lifting and throwing the huge block

But considering he's a giant strength-based golem, it probably only applies to him

Apeironaxim said:
I mean, the only lifting feat I can think of is Gargantua lifting and throwing the huge block

But considering he's a giant strength-based golem, it probably only applies to him
I assume it would be more or less comparable to the rest of the floor guardians.

Apeironaxim said:

But even then a low ball for the rest would be atleast Class 100 maybe even K.

Is anybody else trying to comment or edit and for some reason it italizes everything you tried to post for no reason? This is about the 4th time its been doing this for me.

If you're using source editor you can control boldness and italics by using the appropriate number of apostrophes.

It wasn't doing it yesterday but it was the day before. Could you just add it. I think its something to do with trying to bold letters.

Assaltwaffle said:
So did anyone aside from Demiurge, Albedo, Ainz, and Shalltear need to be changed?
and Aura and thats it. Don't know what the battle maids lifting strength would be.

Also why exactly does Gargantua scale to the main cast? He's a massive strength-based powerhouse.

Jugger47 said:
If they are in the new world as their avatar race then they would be in the same predicament as Ainz, bug people don't have any feelings towards humans (look at Entoma) and Ulbert would be far far worse than Ainz, he would be just like Demiurge considering he is a Demon so that is very unlikely to happen. And that type of ending is far too generic so I don't want that to happen. Considering how its been going I doubt its going to happen though.

And yes the author confirmed that the other Supreme Beings will not be showing up in Overlord, considering the game Ainz came from was permanently shut down it makes sense for him to be the last sent.
I personally find this very unlikely. Ainz just never had the strongest moral compass due to the circumstances in his life - added to the effects of undeath. But Evileye is an undead, there's no reason the same emotion control shouldn't affect her, yet she's decidedly on the side of good. Dragon or Dragonkin as well shouldn't care about humans as an species different from their own, but PDL and Sebas shows this isn't the case. Not everyone is gonna be affected by the mentality of their race if there's even any change. The undead dark God guy of the Theocracy's 6 Gods would also be another good proof of it since he helped his fellows and even faced the 8GKs when they came to smash stuff up. Despite all that has happened and the emotion dampener, Ainz still can't help himself from going into some emotion if you appeal to the memory of his guildmates or the guild itself.

End of the day, the undead condition screwed Ainz, but his own lacking moral compass and his position was what truly ensured his downfall into evil protagonist territory.

Assaltwaffle said:
Also why exactly does Gargantua scale to the main cast? He's a massive strength-based powerhouse.
There was no strength stat when it was a game, the closest thing is physcal attack/defense, and shalltear already has 88 and 85 points into each respectively, you could only have 100 conventionally. Even assuming it changed when they entered the new world they are all still floor guardians, including Gargantua. You don't see shalltear being able to do the same thing? I believe he could throw more weight but we haven't seen the limit yet.

In other words, Gargantua could likely lift more and I don't see any issue with the floor guardians being able to lift that much atleast.

Problem is Shalltear is a NPC made from the levels given to the Guild for beating the Tomb, Gargantua is a special reward from the devs and doesn't need to follow the rules.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I personally find this very unlikely. Ainz just never had the strongest moral compass due to the circumstances in his life - added to the effects of undeath. But Evileye is an undead, there's no reason the same emotion control shouldn't affect her, yet she's decidedly on the side of good. Dragon or Dragonkin as well shouldn't care about humans as an species different from their own, but PDL and Sebas shows this isn't the case. Not everyone is gonna be affected by the mentality of their race if there's even any change. The undead dark God guy of the Theocracy's 6 Gods would also be another good proof of it since he helped his fellows and even faced the 8GKs when they came to smash stuff up. Despite all that has happened and the emotion dampener, Ainz still can't help himself from going into some emotion if you appeal to the memory of his guildmates or the guild itself.

End of the day, the undead condition screwed Ainz, but his own lacking moral compass and his position was what truly ensured his downfall into evil protagonist territory.
Ainz was by all accounts so far a perfectly normal guy, there is no reason to assume he had a lack of a moral compass. Its explicelty said that his emotions being erased towards humans is completely gone, and it obviously has a active role in the decisions he makes. Whether that is because he is a specific type of undead or just because he is undead from Ygdrassil who knows? The other guild mates where non humans just like Ainz with regular and productive lives, just like Ainz, which was a requirement to join the guild. So I disagree.

On an off-note,

Shouldn't Pleiades members just be 7-B? It seems kind of silly to rank them next to Brain then say "possibly 7-B", when it's pretty clear that they can break through Evileye's forcefields without much effort and should be stronger than her physically and magically.

Not to mention that there should be a statement that would put Evileye's physical AP at 7-C/7-B by virtue of just being a True Vampire.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Gargantua is a special reward from the devs and doesn't need to follow the rules.
Even if that is the case, what do you have to prove that the strength disparity between him and the floor guardians is that great? It doesn't say that he is far stronger than shalltear, and it doesn't say that he had any special circumstance besides being a reward. I feel like if he really was that different the book would tell us, so far the only unique thing is that he is completely a golem mentally.

A normal guy? You do remember his main friends in life were the people on his guild? The level of anger he achieves when someone even just tries to talk bad about it? And this despite the undead emotion control so it's even more glaring. I don't see the "normal" in this.

Yes, because Ulbert and Touch Me, two working members of society, had very similar personalities or lives, correct? Having a regular and productive life doesn't suddenly make you a person without issues. This goes double in such a grim dystopia like the one he comes from. And again, Surshana is not only a Lich but comes from the same Dystopia yet he even risked his life when all his companions were already dead.

Point being, it is a very hard sell to think Touch Me wouldn't be the same goofy justice lover without a change.

Dargoo Faust said:
On an off-note,
Shouldn't Pleiades members just be 7-B? It seems kind of silly to rank them next to Brain then say "possibly 7-B", when it's pretty clear that they can break through Evileye's forcefields without much effort and should be stronger than her physically and magically.
I said the same thing in the content revivsion and felt it was a strange jump. It is pretty clear they are beyond brain afterall.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
A normal guy? You do remember his main friends in life were the people on his guild? The level of anger he achieves when someone even just tries to talk bad about it? And this despite the undead emotion control so it's even more glaring. I don't see the "normal" in this.
Its normal in his world, He was from a dystopian futuristic world, where corporations ruled everything, where his mother died of overworking while he was a young age. Touch Me had a family and persumably a good life.

Not to mention there are numerous times where Ainz thinks to himself that he would have fainted or been disgusted from some of the things he's seen or done, if he wasn't undead anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back