• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apeironaxim said:
Fair enough. Just thought it was worth pointing out, just in case.
Nah I understand.

There is a plethora of questions I have unanswered in Overlord like could he just stop time against someone way stronger/faster than himself, turn on negative touch, and actually have it work after time resumed And if so how much would it actually hamper them? Is it a percentage based debuff or set number? and this is just one subject lol.

The author doesn't give as much info about abilities as I would like.

There is actually a match with Albedo vs Black star but I don't now how either fight or start the fight so ƒñÀ. I just know that Albedo seems to be like a massive pain in the ass to kill without hax or an ap advantage.

Another thing, if having a world item makes you resistant to others, would they resist BFR?

Since that's what Depiction of Nature and Society does?

Jugger47 said:
There is actually a match with Albedo vs Black star but I don't now how either fight or start the fight so ƒñÀ. I just know that Albedo seems to be like a massive pain in the ass to kill without hax or an ap advantage.
Yeah, I'd like it if we got more info on what the Guardians can do, since it's nothing compared to what Ainz has shown.

Apeironaxim said:
Another thing, if having a world item makes you resistant to others, would they resist BFR?
Since that's what Depiction of Nature and Society does?
Hmmm. That reminds me and its related to this. Who the heck is that Youjo Senki x Overlord crossover writen by? It says it was written as a nico nico celebration thing. In that story Tanyas necklace(Jewel thing) given by being X is strong enough to be classified as a world item and she is able to resist Ain'z Blackhole because of it (Ainz says this to himself).

Also funnily enough Ainz says he could probably survive a nuclear explosion so it seems somewhat in line of what we know so far.

Thanks for reading this story that was brought to you by Western Lights. Special thanks to Nigel for giving us the material to start with and Sky for allowing us to post here. We hope you look forward to our future works!

This is at the end, so maybe Western Lights?

Apeironaxim said:
Thanks for reading this story that was brought to you by Western Lights. Special thanks to Nigel for giving us the material to start with and Sky for allowing us to post here. We hope you look forward to our future works!
This is at the end, so maybe Western Lights?
Never heard of them before, weird, it really was written like an Overlord novel. If anybody here hasn't already read it, you should, its a pretty good short story, hilarious too.

"Happy April Fools, Lieutenant Colonel. I hope you'll forgive me for scaring you like that. Now then, your new orders are to assemble a combat group within…"

Tanya barely listened to the rest of the briefing. When they were finally done, she almost stumbled out of the General Staff Office and returned to her room. Closing the door behind her, she set the lock and tossed the documents over her desk. She took the note left on her desk and read it again.

She put both hands on the sides of the note, and ripped in half.

"God damn it! You tricked me, Being X!!!"

April Fools!

Not sure if it was what you were implying, but Tanya meeting Ainz looked like a dream/April Fools joke made my Being X to trick her into thinking she would have a happy position away from battle. So I doubt what it says can be used/taken seriously.

Apeironaxim said:
Not sure if it was what you were implying, but Tanya meeting Ainz looked like a dream made my Being X to trick her into thinking she would have a happy position away from battle. So I doubt what it says can be used/taken seriously.
I was thinking it was a collorboration between both the authors of Overlord and Youjo Senki, or atleast one. Like a non canon side story. The two do have a relationship afterall.

Like the Evileye twitter side story. Which was written by Murayama himself.

Apeironaxim said:
Going back to earlier, would they get Resistance to BFR due to having world items?
I'm still looking into that myself. I'm not sure if its only resistance to BFR effects from just world items or BFR in general. It could very well be either.

Personally though I can't imagine you could teleport anybody with a world item around against their will.

Jugger47 said:
I'm still looking into that myself. I'm not sure if its only resistance to BFR effects from just world items or BFR in general. It could very well be either.

Personally though I can't imagine you could teleport anybody with a world item around against their will.
If it was just effects from the world items then Albedo and Demiurge would have their Mind Manip. resistance removed, right?

Apeironaxim said:
If it was just effects from the world items then Albedo and Demiurge would have their Mind Manip. resistance removed, right?
Mind Manipulaton was said already to be a resistance in general, nothing about BFR so far though. Even if that was the case though they all already have/had resistance (was immunity inverse) to mind control due to their items and world item effects just bypass inverse immunities.

Jugger47 said:
Mind Manipulaton was said already to be a resistance in general, nothing about BFR so far though. Even if that was the case though they all already have/had resistance (was immunity inverse) to mind control due to their items and world item effects just bypass inverse immunities.
Huh, where was it stated Demiurge had resistance to mind manip?

The reasoning on his page just mentions the world item, so I would have thought that was the reason for it.

Apeironaxim said:
All the floor guardians have these basic things in common.

Don't need to sleep, resistance to time stop, poison, diseases, and instant death magic all due to their high levels inverse and items.

Jugger47 said:
All the floor guardians have these basic things in common.

Don't need to sleep, resistance to time stop, poison, diseases, and instant death magic all due to their high levels inverse and items.
Speaking of, Albedo and Demiurge don't have resistance to death magic/manip. on their profile

Apeironaxim said:
Speaking of, Albedo and Demiurge don't have resistance to death magic/manip. on their profile
Also isn't listed that shalltear has a world item now either from the Canon CD drama 1.

There are still some issues, its not nearly as bad as it was about just a week ago though.

Jugger47 said:
Also isn't listed that shalltear has a world item now either from the Canon CD drama 1.

There are still some issues, its not nearly as bad as it was about just a week ago though.
At least we're noticing now instead of later.

Quick question, because Shalltear has mind manip resistance as an undead, and now has a world item, which we put as reasoning for resistance to mind manip, would Shalltear have just her basic resistance or the world item level resistance?

Because one has barely (if any) feats, and the other resists resistance bypassing power

Apeironaxim said:

Quick question, because Shalltear has mind manip resistance as an undead, and now has a world item, which we put as reasoning for resistance to mind manip, would Shalltear have just her basic resistance or the world item level resistance?
As long as she has her world item on person now its a much stronger form of resistance. And she apparently has it on all the time after volume 4/3 now. So it should be listed as her standard battle equipment.

I'm hoping having a world item makes you resistant to the effect in general (like resisting BFR instead of just the world item's BFR), because then they might get Resistance to E.E., due to one of the world items being able to erase your character permanently.

Apeironaxim said:

Because one has barely (if any) feats, and the other resists resistance bypassing power
In regards to BFR immunity, I'd just leave it for now, I still can't find anything on that.

Apeironaxim said:
I'm hoping having a world item makes you resistant to the effect in general (like resisting BFR instead of just the world item's BFR), because then they might get Resistance to E.E., due to one of the world items being able to erase your character permanently.
Yea those specifc type of effects have not been spoken about at all yet. BFR and E.E. are not confirmed to be either general or a world item only resistance. Really annoying.

Jugger47 said:
In regards to BFR immunity, I'd just leave it for now, I still can't find anything on that.
Alright, I'm sure we could do more reasearch at another time, or hope it gets clarified

Normally, World Items could not affect holders of other World Items, and would be a different matter unless those holders happened to accept that influence. All of which was made possible thanks to a patch created by the developers of the game.

Effects of a World Item can be resisted in only two ways: (1) Owning another World Item. (2) Getting special Job Classes.

These are the only things I could find right now regarding the issue.

The problem is that it can be interpreted either way, as only resistance to world items, or resisting the effects brought on by world items, such as BFR.

There's also the fact this is from the Overlord wiki and may not be considered reliable

Apeironaxim said:
Effects of a World Item can be resisted in only two ways: (1) Owning another World Item. (2) Getting special Job Classes.
I saw that but I thought it was kind of strange

"(2) Getting special Job Classes." Is that really true?

Jugger47 said:
I saw that but I thought it was kind of strange

"(2) Getting special Job Classes." Is that really true?
Maybe it means classes like World Champion and World Disaster, which belong to Touch Me and Ulbert respectively

But again, all speculation

Fairly certain its just to the effects of World Item's and not the general effect. I know WCI are game breakers but god damn if that isn't another level of game breaking.

AnonymousBlank said:
Fairly certain its just to the effects of World Item's and not the general effect. I know WCI are game breakers but god damn if that isn't another level of game breaking.
Due to the wording I feel an argument can be made for either side, but alas we probably won't ever get confirmation

AnonymousBlank said:
If an item like the Longinus is allowed to exist in an MMORPG I think either way could easily be possible. The devs of Ygdrssassil have proven that they will allow any form of broken mechanics in the game time and time again.

Longinus is the tip of the iceberg by far. There's world items that legit let you just edit the properties of the game to a certain extent and call over the devs.

Yobobojojo said:
IIRC, don't world class items' null only work on other world class items
There are some times where Ainz says just having a world item will protect his NPC's from mind control effects and he doesn't always say its just from other world item effects. It seems almost contradicting at times though.

Yobobojojo said:
IIRC, don't world class items' null only work on other world class items
Floor guardians all do still have mind manipulation resistance for sure though(equipment they always have on and levels, even Hamsuke has an item granting mental immunity inverse given by Ainz lol), just not on the level of a world class item. So if there is anything pertaining to having any sort of resistance due to having a world item it should be removed from the profile for now, its really iffy at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back