• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just referring to the 100 thing and etcetera, Gargantua is not even an NPC so he doesn't necessarily abide by that hard limit. Hell, Ainz doesn't with his mana. It's also said "The strongest Floor Guardian except Strategic Siege Golem, Gargantua" when describing Shalltear so I don't know what you mean - he's just a mindless golem unlike Shalltear so he isn't counted in.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Point being, it is a very hard sell to think Touch Me wouldn't be the same goofy justice lover without a change.
I think its pretty clear we aren't going to agree so lets just agree to disagree.

Jugger47 said:
Its normal in his world, He was from a dystopian futuristic world, where corporations ruled everything, where his mother died of overworking while he was a young age. Touch Me had a family and persumably a good life.

Not to mention there are numerous times where Ainz thinks to himself that he would have fainted or been disgusted from some of the things he's seen or done, if he wasn't undead anymore.
Considering all the gore he has been the cause of, that doesn't say much. You can be disgusted at things and still have a poor moral compass. Or rather that convinces me further, since again both Surshana and Evileye are undead, one is even a Lich, but they were still on the side of good. And Touch me would likely be if he appeared int he New World.

Meh, I was never trying to convince. I just don't see any proof at all Touch Me would change his outlook in anyway. Ainz looks more like a special case than the standard when recalling other cases.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I was just referring to the 100 thing and etcetera, Gargantua is not even an NPC so he doesn't necessarily abide by that hard limit. Hell, Ainz doesn't with his mana. It's also said "The strongest Floor Guardian except Strategic Siege Golem, Gargantua" when describing Shalltear so I don't know what you mean - he's just a mindless golem unlike Shalltear so he isn't counted in.
Gargantua is not at all desribed to be special in terms of stats and only stronger than Shalltear, there is no reason to believe that he is that much more strong physcally. Thats all I mean. Also I get what you mean but techincally Gargantua is a NPC lol. Hes just not made by Nazarick.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Considering all the gore he has been the cause of, that doesn't say much. You can be disgusted at things and still have a poor moral compass. Or rather that convinces me further, since again both Surshana and Evileye are undead, one is even a Lich, but they were still on the side of good. And Touch me would likely be if he appeared int he New World.
Huh? Surshana? Wasn't he regarded as evil? From what little we know of him he was not a good person.

I actually think there was a mention of him having the biggest stat point total even if you included Shalltear and Mare, though I'd have to find where that was said.

Personally I just disagree that he scales in the physical aspect but can only wait until more is shown about him. He has a better chance of showing anything than Rubedo, the secretive bastard

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Personally I just disagree that he scales in the physical aspect but can only wait until more is shown about him. He has a better chance of showing anything than Rubedo, the secretive bastard
Now Rubedo, thats an intresting one. From the way it talks about her she has the power to destroy the world. If she really was created with a world item, I can see it being possible.

It was said he was looked upo as an evil God by the theocracy, not to mention this was in the WN. Despite this there's no mention of him actually threatening them or doing anything evil at all even after the 5 other Gods died, just that his lesser god servants were quite wicked.

Considering he should be a Lich or similar and undead hate all life by Nature, this kind of fear is understandable.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I actually think there was a mention of him having the biggest stat point total even if you included Shalltear and Mare, though I'd have to find where that was said.
If there really is a quote like that I'll agree with you then, thats what I mean by something special or great.

Isn't there also an outright statement in the web novel about how True Vampires are able to demolish towns and cities? If so, we should just remove 9-A entirely from the Maids as wel as the Evileye profile I have in the works.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
It was said he was looked upo as an evil God by the theocracy, not to mention this was in the WN. Despite this there's no mention of him actually threatening them or doing anything evil at all even after the 5 other Gods died, just that his lesser god servants were quite wicked.
Ehhhh I don't know about that, just because the book hasn't said he did anything evil personally yet doesn't mean he was probably a good person, but I see what you are saying.

Dargoo Faust said:
Isn't there also an outright statement in the web novel about how True Vampires are able to demolish towns and cities? If so, we should just remove 9-A entirely from the Maids as wel as the Evileye profile I have in the works.
Would the one from Evileye herself be enough, considering she is comparable to the battle maids, probably even slightly weaker?

Jugger47 said:
Dargoo Faust said:
Would the one from Evileye herself be enough, considering she is comparable to the battle maids, probably even slightly weaker?
I'd say yes. Plus it's not outlandish to assume the battle maids are on that level. It's even more odd to say "At leas 9-A", because they're already described as massively far ahead of the fodder.

That and Evileye's background as one of the Thirteen Heroes and a former Vampire Lord really hammers 7-B not being much of an outlier. Can you message Assault to check this line of discussion out? I don't think we need an entire tread.

Dargoo Faust said:
Hmm well besides the city statement there is also this Volume 3

Speaking of a Vampire's mistress, could she be one of those legendary Vampire Lords? I heard there was one of them who earned the title of "Landfall" for destroying a nation… however, the stories also say she was wiped out by the Thirteen Heroes.

Its the same in the webnovel too. Which is well, a pain to go through to find quotes for. City tier is the safe low ball.

Yeah, 7-B isn't an outlier at all, then. It'd be a disservice to even consider 9-A, lol.

Thanks for the help, seriously.

Web Novel Chapter 75

Landfall.

ÒÇÇShe was the evil Vampire Lord who destroyed a country. She was a monster destroyed by the 13 Heroes and left her name in the continent's history as a monster amongst monsters. According to the original legend, she was someone who a country might barely equal if they pulled all the stops. It was said that she destroyed a country and filled a city with undead, and was a monster stronger than the Demon Gods.

Dargoo Faust said:
Yeah, 7-B isn't an outlier at all, then. It'd be a disservice to even consider 9-A, lol.
Thanks for the help, seriously.
No problem, thankfully Evileye/Landfall seems to be one of the things that stayed the same in the light novel and web novel.

Also Landfall seems have been a completely different type of person compared to who she is now as Evileye. Sounds like she was also like Shalltear and Ainz at first, heartless towards humans.

Honestly reading that makes me think she might have been holding back against the maids, although considering that God-Tiers in the New World are (so far) fodder to most of Nazarick, it's probably not true.

Dargoo Faust said:
Honestly reading that makes me think she might have been holding back against the maids, although considering that God-Tiers in the New World are (so far) fodder to most of Nazarick, it's probably not true.
XD I was going to say the same thing. It has to be a overexaggeration about the destroying kingdoms part. Although PDL has said to been able to raze a kingdom to the ground too so who knows.

Dargoo Faust said:
I personally account for the fact that the Maids are still wearing Nazarick gear even if it looks like armored maid clothing. Even if we go by the fact New Worlders aren't gonna get a munchkin class spread like a Yggdrassil being can, the difference between her and Entoma felt a bit too big.

Actually, some of the maids should be weaker than Evileye in some aspects.

I think Ainz or someone else mentioned that Evileye's level could be estimated to be 50, which would be right below Entoma and Yuri Alpha, and is actually above CZ2128 Delta.

Dargoo Faust said:
Actually, some of the maids should be weaker than Evileye in some aspects.
I think Ainz or someone else mentioned that Evileye's level could be estimated to be 50, which would be right below Entoma and Yuri Alpha, and is actually above CZ2128 Delta.
That is true and something I hadn't noticed until now. Although If I had to guess I would guess that Shizu would still win just because of the gun that can shoot both projectiles and spells, she call also interrupt spells from people near her own level. It almost seems like she is made to kill casters.

Another thing I noticed is that evileye doesn't seem to have access to silent magic.

Quick question, what mind hax have we seen so far?

Since the main character is immune in-verse, there hasn't been any major need to show what mental magic can do and how useful it is, aside from world items obviously

Apeironaxim said:
Since the main character is immune in-verse, there hasn't been any major need to show what mental magic can do and how useful it is, aside from world items obviously
Demiurges command mantras

Apeironaxim said:
It seems like resistance to mind control was something needed for pvp. Otherwise GG.

Apeironaxim said:
Oh and also Shalltears Demon Eyes of Attraction, which also work on beings near her level.

I totally forgot until now Ainz's Despair Aura can also induce Fear, Panic, Confusion, and Insanity

Oh yeah, and there's memory manipulation spells

Now I wonder if there were skills like TGOALID which bypass resistance/immunity but for other types of magic like mental magic

Apeironaxim said:
Now I wonder if there were skills like TGOALID which bypass resistance/immunity but for other types of magic like mental magic
Probably but was also hard to get like the Eclipse class Ainz has.

I could totally see a prologue volume to Overlord with Ainz in the video game Ygradassil being possible in the future.

Also, since Hellfire Wall seems to incinerate the soul, and Gagaran and Tia were both resurrected, should we add on Ainz's and Shalltear's profiles that resurrection even heals their souls?

Apeironaxim said:
Also, since Hellfire Wall seems to incinerate the soul, and Gagaran and Tia were both resurrected, should we add on Ainz's and Shalltear's profiles that resurrection even heals their souls?
I asked aswell. Assalt said

"Usually resurrection implies putting the soul back in the body after repairing the body to operating condition. In this case, however, it is clear that Resurrection magic not only repairs the body, but restores the soul if it has been damaged."

So it does sound like we should add that resurrection repairs the soul in Overlord. As this is unusual. Sadly I'm still having issues with Source Editor so I won't be able to add it myself.

Jugger47 said:
I asked aswell. Assalt said

"Usually resurrection implies putting the soul back in the body after repairing the body to operating condition. In this case, however, it is clear that Resurrection magic not only repairs the body, but restores the soul if it has been damaged."

So it does sound like we should add that resurrection repairs the soul in Overlord. As this is unusual. Sadly I'm still having issues with Source Editor so I won't be able to add it myself.
Wait, does that mean True Death, which stops resurrection, would work on someone with Low-Godly?

Or am I misinterpreting it?

Apeironaxim said:
Wait, does that mean True Death, which stops resurrection, would work on someone with Low-Godly?

Or am I misinterpreting it?
Could mean that, but I would go with the safe low ball and say it just prevents resurrection magic. For now atleast.

True Death would induce death on the target, meaning the body would be dead. The regen wouldn't be able to help, as it would qualify as "ressurection" if it's bringing them back from a state of being dead to alive. You'd need Mid-Godly or the ability to just form another body to bypass that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back