• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anything about Lupusregina having Regenerationn in the novels? She is a werewolf so you would think she would have it. Especially since Overlord takes so much from dungeons and dragons.

And apparently

• Unnamed Spell: A spell that she used to kill a troll in Carne Village. Fire descends from the heavens, and forms a pillar of red light.
Is a thing on her wiki page too.

I found two other good speed feats.

Ainz(in his warrior form) moves so fast that to evileye, it looks like he vanished.

He stepped— no, that wasn't right. The Momon standing in front of her had vanished. He was engaged in an intense melee with Jaldabaoth.

Keep in mind that evileye is much faster than characters like brain. Ainz can also swing his two swords fast enough to create after-images.

The after-images of countless swords, parried and countered by the extended claws of Jaldabaoth.

AnonymousBlank said:
They were after images to Evileye so I'd say its a bit more than subsonic.
Well thats defiently not subsonic and atleast supersonic considering brain is already supersonic. But yea, it can't really be calc'd, so ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬».

Since this was brought up recently and this is far from the first time to me, we really should clarify that [Grasp Heart] is an instant death inducing effect spell too on his profile.

In fact is there anybody here that doubts that grasp heart induces the effect of instant death? (is death hax)

I was always under the impression it induced "instant death" via destroying the heart since none of its targets could survive without a heart rather than it just kills them but also crushes their heart for show. I mean, people seem to love arguing that the New World made everything literal so why would GH exempt from this.

AnonymousBlank said:
I was always under the impression it induced "instant death" via destroying the heart since none of its targets could survive without a heart rather than it just kills them but also crushes their heart for show. I mean, people seem to love arguing that the New World made everything literal so why would GH exempt from this.
Overlord Volume 1 Chapter 3.

Momonga's opening spell was one that he particularly favored, ÒÇîGrasp HeartÒÇì. This sort of magic was Momonga's specialty. Momonga had used his innate skills to increase the chances of instant death, and his necromancy-enhancing abilities improved the effectiveness of ÒÇîGrasp HeartÒÇì even further. However, it meant that he could not gauge the strength of that knight.

This spell was one that crushed a foe's heart, and among the ten tiers of spells, it was an instant death spell of the Ninth Tier. Many of the necromantic spells which Momonga was adept with possessed instant death properties, and this was one of them.

It does both the effect of instant death inducement like [Death] and crushes the victims heart, so you aren't totally incorrect.

AnonymousBlank said:
people seem to love arguing that the New World made everything literal so why would GH exempt from this.
Well people are wrong

Body of Effulgent Beryl

This spell increases Ainz resistance to blunt attacks despite Beryl being brittle. Not all spells are literal.

For the record I have seen people argue that X spell is named this so it must do X. I am obviously not one of these people and recognize this is false. But yes, that is common on this site unfortunately.

Although I am not ignorant to the fact that it could just be an outlier though. Either way, my quote I think speaks for itself.

So, is there any further evidence about Grasp Heart having an instant death effect (beyond destroying the heart) or is that all the evidence provided?

I don't remember Hellfire Wall being stated to destroy souls. Where was that stated?

Well that's not the best assumption since the functionality between verses won't be completely consistent. I'd like to see the sauce of the incinerating souls statement.

Assaltwaffle said:
Well that's not the best assumption since the functionality between verses won't be completely consistent. I'd like to see the sauce of the incinerating souls statement.
This is the spells description from the wiki.

• Hellfire Wall: A 7th tier spell that creates a wall of black flames surrounding everything within the victim's range of view, leaving them trapped. It causes no physical damage but seems to incinerate the soul instead.

Like us they are a Wiki written by users like you and I. They need to cite where that comes from. Furthermore the use of uncertain language with "seems", implying it is assumed and not stated.

I'll try my best to find were it was stated in the light novel, meanwhile you should remove those two country statements from ainz's profile. As i menioned in a previous comment, i checked the subbed version of the episode and the two country statements are completaly different from the dub.

It is easy to rule over others with sheer power

should we just go ahead and destroy them?

These are way to vague to even be on his profile,i even tried to find if they were different in the LN and there almost exacly the same as they are in the sub, the statement about the PDL is much better.

You can remove them if you'd like. I'm on mobile so editing profiles is sketchy at best.

Okay,ill go ahead and remove them.

You said in a previous comment that the statement about the PDL should go to shalltears profile so thats were i will add it.

@Assaltwaffle

Overlord Volume 6 Chapter 10

Of course there was no problem. With that, Evileye went over to the bodies.

She'd thought they would have been burned beyond recognition, but it seemed that the devil's flames had only burned the soul rather than the flesh. The corpses were immaculate. After closing their eyes and crossing their arms over their chests, Evileye withdrew a Shroud of Sleep from her pack, and began by wrapping up Tia.

It definitely destroys the soul. The Anime just seems to have F'd it up and made Tia and Gar have a rather burnt looking discoloration (sigh)

Freaking yikes. Soul destroyers are always a bit disturbing to me. If you live in a world with an afterlife and yet there is a being walking around that can obliterate your soul you might as well just kill (don't take this out of context please) yourself to preserve eternity.

That's at least my view on it.

Assaltwaffle said:
Freaking yikes. Soul destroyers are always a bit disturbing to me. If you live in a world with an afterlife and yet there is a being walking around that can obliterate your soul you might as well just kill (don't take this out of context please) yourself to preserve eternity.
That's at least my view on it.
Thats my view aswell its if you stand no chance anyways why not? Although there is always the chance that they could destroy your soul anyways even after death through your body, in which case RIP.

This gives me a question though, does resurrection on this site usually work even if your soul was destroyed? Because doesn't this mean that even low tier resurrection in Overlord restores the persons soul? Lakyus was able to still resurrect them after all. This could be normal in anime though idk lol. Soul restoring resurrection I mean.

@Jugger

Usually resurrection implies putting the soul back in the body after repairing the body to operating condition. In this case, however, it is clear that Resurrection magic not only repairs the body, but restores the soul if it has been damaged.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Jugger
Usually resurrection implies putting the soul back in the body after repairing the body to operating condition. In this case, however, it is clear that Resurrection magic not only repairs the body, but restores the soul if it has been damaged.
Yea that is what I was asking, I see. Also I found this

—[Aspect of the Demon: Hellfire Mantle]."

"So, you're able to melt a weapon like this… the ability has gotten stronger."

On closer observation, the flames wreathing Jaldabaoth had a blackish tinge to them.

"Hellfire, is it?!"

"Just so. Even a being protected with fire immunity will not escape unscathed, don't you think?"

Hellfire mantle seems to be another ability that changed from when it was a video game and developed into a true hellfire ability burning even ones with immunities in overlord. I suppose its both Hellfire wall and Hellfire Mantle that have special attritbutes then. Just differently..

TheOneBelowAll123 said:
Sense it incinerates the soul, wouldnt it also ingore conventional durability?
Absolutely, yes. However, Evileye resisted it, so it may only work on fodder tiers.

@Jugger

Well Demiugre comments on how that attack was based on her power and if they were as strong as her it wouldn't have killed.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Jugger
Well Demiugre comments on how that attack was based on her power and if they were as strong as her it wouldn't have killed.
I suppose that does make sense inverse as there seems to be some pretty good magical defenses in overlord. Still though, I guess we don't know for sure either way. Afterall he could have been messing with her as it is in his personality. Who knows.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Jugger
Wait now that I said that he could have been mocking her, he must have been, hellfire wall is a 7th tier spell. She could only use up to 5th tier magic. I can't see her surviving a single 7th tier damaging spell.

Thats considered to be the realm of gods in the new world.

@Jugger

Well while Hellfire Wall is a 7th tier spell, it is a battlefield control spell. I imagine it isn't supposed to deal lethal damage, but just control the movement options of the enemy. Furthermore, who's to say that he can't limit the power of the spells to make even a 7th tier spell incapable of killing a person like Evileye?

Assaltwaffle said:
@Jugger
Well while Hellfire Wall is a 7th tier spell, it is a battlefield control spell. I imagine it isn't supposed to deal lethal damage, but just control the movement options of the enemy. Furthermore, who's to say that he can't limit the power of the spells to make even a 7th tier spell incapable of killing a person like Evileye?
I don't think anybody can say either way anyways. So at this moment I'm fine with any outcome.

Cocytus unleashed his sealed aura.

It was an ability from his knight of Niflheim class: Frost Aura. The skill slightly inhibited the user's opponent's movement while dealing extreme chill damage. If he had put it on full blast, the lizardmen watching the battle would have been in range, but he didn't want to do that.

He held back the power.

Since Cocytus can hold back his Frost Aura, I would assume Demiurge could hold back a spell.

Apeironaxim said:
Cocytus unleashed his sealed aura.'It was an ability from his knight of Niflheim class: Frost Aura. The skill slightly inhibited the user's opponent's movement while dealing extreme chill damage. If he had put it on full blast, the lizardmen watching the battle would have been in range, but he didn't want to do that.'He held back the power.
Since Cocytus can hold back his Frost Aura, I would assume Demiurge could hold back a spell.
Then wouldn't that mean a hellfire wall without holding back(a normal one) could just oneshot Evileye anyways? This is what I mean by either way we can't say for sure. Also that is a passive skill cocytus has, not a spell. Its like Ainz's negative touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back