• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.IV

Anyways, anyone pointed out that the necromencer dragon lord in side story covered entire mountain with his anti teleportation spell?

So mountain level range?

It's already listed I think. Whether or not he can destroy a country with one attack doesn't really matter does it, he isn't a pure sorcerer, those kinds probably can but because of level based damage they are restricted. Going over max level with wild magic is possible and author said that Ainz end game may become transcendental, well that last part was web novel that he hasn't denied in LN so we might actually see the typical Isekai route of end game bullshit power level.

Author also said that maybe a country somewhere will be destroyed in a prologue. It's either Draconic or Ainz going all out? I mean, the latter would be a nightmare.

It would be pretty much: Ainz teleports on top of city ----> Ainz spams [Nuclear Blast] Or [Meteor Fall] ---> Ainz proceeds to next city, rinse and repeat.

Also Web novel Ainz > LN Ainz (lol)

Q: From the human perspective there is no way Ainz is not a cheat. As a demon king (using DQ as the basis) his level would be in the four to five digit range.

A: If Ainz is to use Super Tier magic, he could destroy a nation incredibly quickly.

You've been watching too many anime. Destroying a country "incredibly quickly" is definitely impressive. It's just that your perspective is off.

Agreed with FD, you are setting your expectations way too high and where they don't really belong. Worrying too much about the power level of a series is how you either get inbittered or forget to enjoy almost everything else about it. I would love Solars from Exalted to be even higher in power, but I still like the Exalted setting.

Also Yobo, I think it is him...? It makes no sense to me since Cure isn't a vampire, he's an Undead Dragon, but perhaps his process to gain undeath and sentience while being undead makes him a vampire by default.

As for Lesser One, no. Main timeline Evileye shouldn't have that as we have no clue if she interacted at all with the group of necromancers, and it's specified her levels are different to cover Ainz's deficiencies.

No he's listed as a vampire from what i remeber, Im pretty sure it was on his character sheet he has a racial level in vampire. Heres the tanslation I found for that part of his character sheet: True Ancestor | Vampiric Dragon lvl1

Seems like it then, so the process to convert him into an intelligent undead seemingly turned him into a vampire. Methinks by now only some species of the Undead are actually capable of thought, so you are either one of those or you have no mind.

Lich and Vampire are obvious examples.

Hmmm true but what about death cavaliers, undead generals, even death knights have some basic capacity to think. intellegence seems to vary widely amongst the ranks of the non-Living....

That may be since they are Ainz's undead, or specialized Undead that may not have existed in the New World but in Yggdrassil.

The Death Knight from legends and the flaming horsey undead just destroyed the living without thought, unlike the undead lich guy which suppressed his instinctual hatred of the living for other goals.

Perhaps it's better to say conscience rather than intelligence.

Ainz has multiple passive skills that modify and empower his undead. Shalltear also has a skill that automatically turns her raised zombies into lesser vampires, so this isn't exactly uncommon.

[Summoned monsters were granted a portion of their summoners' thoughts and knowledge, so they could immediately take action according to their master's will right after being summoned. They could tell friend from foe, of course. Otherwise, there would have been no way the Death Knight in Carne Village could have known Ainz's full intentions from a few spoken words.] - Emissary of the king

Also Ainz there is destroying:

• Villages
  • Towns
  • Cities
Even if LN Ainz uses something with the same range as [Creation] he wouldn't be able to destroy any country in the new world map. Not even with his daily 4 use of Super Tier.

As for the Side Ainz vs Main Ainz debacle, you gotta remember what a massive stat difference the staff of Ainz Ooal Gown has, the fact that Ainz has a ton of experience just, doing stuff in the New World and with the New World itself... if they ever meet, Side Ainz has by far the pure advantage in straight combat unless Main Ainz is accompanied by any of the other Guardians. Then comes the issue that the Guardians could still feel the energy of Ainz, the one that tells them he's him even when disguised, and would have an existential crisis feeling this same energy coming from Side Ainz.

And we've already seen Ainz takes countermeasures against Teleportation if he feels its needed while against Cure Elim.

Honestly for all we know they could be, we don't know how the teleporting to another world shenanigan goes.

But right now yeah, entirely non canon.

It could be elevation + WCi that decides it, main timeline he was underground while the in the sidestory he was on a floating island. 8 Greed Kings were on a floating castle and arrived 500 years earlier than him, well this has hole if you look at 6 great gods and their potential base.

Dragon Emperor should have been the one to first summon but I don't how players keep coming every 100 years when he should be dead or never to be seen. Well it was a trade in a way? He probably didn't want the parasitic wild magic to continue? In the web novel author confirmed 2 times that the world's magic was warped 500 years ago, someone must have used Ouroboros or five elements overcoming to implement Yggdrasil. Then there is the wacky auto translation, it's far from perfect so someone must have used levels for a wish.

So question, are we able to create a profile for web novel Ainz? I feel like the differences between him and LN Ainz are big enough to warrant his own profile. Or would his profile be too similar to LN Ainz?

Well its mostly the WoGs the are only relevant for WN. Such as the WoG posted above that says Ainz can destroy a country "incredibly quickly", I'll need to look for others and this particular WoG may not be good due to it being somewhat vague.

Can someone remove Shao Khan's inconclusive from Ainz's profile?

His only shot to win was through soul rip which is now useless against Ainz

Link

Jeez, there's this guy called Gabriel 00, who keeps on insisting that WCIs are outliers and that resistances to dura-negating hax abilities can be "overpowered" through the other character using the same type of hax resisted with sheer AP. I don't think my words can convince him, so I want to know if any of the words of you guys can (it's honestly getting repetitive for me).

Yobo Blue said:
Isn't Shao Khan's soul rip above Ainz's resistance?
Apparently, we don't scale the potency of Soul Manipulation hax like we do for Mind Manipulation hax (where potency of mindhax is judged by the sheer amount of minds affected). Instead, it's judged by the mechanics of the Soul Manipulation itself.

Not my words, it's from the words of a mod called Mr. Bambu. It's apparently the reason why Ainz's loss to Strahd is kept on both of their profiles.

Yobo Blue said:
I'm not touching that, tbh. Just ask a admin to explain why we don't do AP resistance stuff.
Which admin should I contact (particularly one that is knowledgeable with these types of debates involving hax)?

We absolutely scale soul manip by the number it affects

The mechanics also can bypass resistances sometimes though which is what is meant in the match with strahd

Paul Frank said:

The mechanics also can bypass resistances sometimes though which is what is meant in the match with strahd
Link

Then why does this mod stated (or heavily implied) that potency of soulhax isn't scaled like mindhax? He apparently states (or implies) that soul hax shouldn't be treated like mindhax (where mindhax is judged by the number it affects).

DeathNoodles said:
Paul Frank said:

Link
Then why does this mod stated (or heavily implied) that potency of soulhax isn't scaled like mindhax? He apparently states (or implies) that soul hax shouldn't be treated like mindhax (where mindhax is judged by the number it affects).
In fiction, terms like mind/soul/consciousness tend to be very close in meaning and interchangeable one way or another. Hypothetically, of course, being able to affect 5 souls at a time is more notable than just 1, since it folllows the same formula as mindhax.

"Hypothetically"

Then why does that mod outright state that we don't measure soulhax in terms of numbers like we do for mindhax?

It's difficult for me to accept the words of a non-staff that contradicts the words of a staff, as staff members tends to know more about this site's rules and operations than most non-staff members does.

Yobo Blue said:
Isn't Shao Khan's soul rip above Ainz's resistance?
How you concluded that exactly? Because Ainz's newly acquired soul resistance is a no joke. It comes from his WCI (which should be measured in 5B against hax in my opinion) that allowed him to no-sell Cure Elim's Soulbreaker, in which one shot is powered by TENS of MILLIONS (if not hundreds, since he, most likely, was harvesting souls for centuries) souls worth of energy. He needs to destroy fixated number of souls he previoulsy absorbed in order to release that breath attack.

Back