• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.IV

If main Ainz escapes, Suzuki would just leave. If Nazarick really starts attacking, he can just flee the continent entirely.

Basically this is a fight between two of the exact same character, one has a small advantage in experience (both were experienced pvp's used to high level plays) and carries around more equipment on his person. Side ainz

While the other has a massive advantage in equipment with preptime. Main ainz

From what I understood the author is done with it, which does make me worry for evileye in the official timeline as she has one of the few ways ainz could use wild magic...

Keep living far away and just moving once in a while.

If needed, he can try to find that super Dragon Lord and form an alliance. He also knows the location of a WCI, which could be useful.

Just find World Savior and solo

And when theres no where left to run? when the dragon lords lie dead? When the world belongs to ainz?

Eh in the end I don't think side ainz has a good shot of making it but I am slightly bias I really didn't enjoy the side story....

No, with prep Side Ainz loses badly, at least with what we kno about his followers and equipment. Could be more though.

If anything, he can just stay around after Ainz takes over the world. It's a big place, just settle somewhere and chill. Not like Ainz can spare manpower to look for Suzuki 24/7, and it will take a very long time until they actually take over everyhting.

Fair enough, if he gets lucky and main ainz can't track him he's pretty set. I just think keeno may throw a wrench in that as she's less tolerant of evil. Than again ainz and co are putting on the magnimous front so maybe she won't have a problem with it.

Did anyone else dislike the side story?

i just didn't enjoy it overly much, ainz wasn't as motivated as he is in the main series.

Ainz never is acting proactivly in the side story, its him reacting, they find the thing responsible for the destruction of evileyes home after so much time he does for her what ainz would do for any guildmate. This version of ainz lacks motivation or a reason to do much of anything, he has no reason to enter the political stage, no reason to interfere with other countries, and to top it off he hasn't come to the conclusion he has in the main series the idea that might makes right and to always focus on gathering strength....

You know I guess my biggest problem is we didn't really get ainz, we got satzuki , ainz wasn't forced into situations that made him embrace and understand his inhuman nature, he hasn't embraced the name of his guild as his moniker. He isn't bound to act as the absolute guild master and protect his freinds legacy, in the end without something to drive him Satzuki is far to sedate for my taste. I much perfer ainz ooal gown to saturo...

I know just sharing why I didn't enjoy it,

I like watching the bad guys win, and despite the good main ainz is bringing he still falls solidly on the side of bad. furthering his own goals regardless of who gets crushed, he cares for the npcs and wants to expand his kingdom.

Side story ainz doesn't do anything to further his own goals, he doesn't have any besides protecting keeno. In the main the npcs gave him agency, a need to further his plans, a need to act.

Probably not. We don't know much about what's stored in there. We know about Ainz's items he got from his guildmates, but we don't know much about what they do. We also don't know anything about the world items he has stored away, except for two of them.

Aah, also found this.

[Also, Maruyama wants to no touchi [be hands off] PurePure or comic strips attached to CDs as much as possible. It is a gag among other things, I say it's scary might erase the fun. I'd be happy if you thought of it as a different space-time because of that. For that reason Volume 12 will be a fairly comedic story if you follow Maruyama's way of thinking [imagination], however it depends on to what extent is the turning point in that imagination.] - Volume 11 author thoughts

Sometimes I hate how strong other Light Novels characters have gotten while Ainz who is supposedly this "Overpowered MC" is not even getting past city level

InfiniteSped said:
I hope they stay weaker. I read how people argue guys like Rimuru, and it seems just silly
How so? Cuz he is almost multiversal level?

It's too silly in Rimuru's case.

But Ainz being country level or little above doesn't sound silly as thry are supposed to be god tier of their verse. They are referred as these god like beings whom mankind cannot hope to compete with yet they are damaged by a pathetic city level attack

I hate how author flex Ainz's overpowerness in our face with only one city level feat. Give him some good feats dammit!

How in the world is a city level attack pathetic? Real life humanity would have a hard time against a city level being, a medieval world would have no chance whatsoever.

The level they're portrayed in the story is completely fine, strong enough to be pretty much invincible, but not enough that it gets silly.

For lakyus...Yep, she was chuuni

Lakyus:

[Wielder of a super killer technique.

A poor child who thinks someone is a friend but they in turn do not particularly see her as a friend, a pitiable unmarried girl.

I asked so-bin-san to make various unreasonable images. I left at least half [of the design?] up to him! Nevertheless, that's only half of who she is!

The Sword of Darkness is the type of weapon you pour magical power into, and unleashes a destructive force in one blow.

Ainz is cautious of her playing make believe [fantasies].

Perhaps...Dark Lakyus really...is inside!

By the way, there is no need to shout out techniques, rather its standard to proclaim to let comrades know what you're about to do.

Therefore, the reason behind the act is not mistaken isn't that right? Ah, her personal technique, according to Lakyus is one she has confidence in from repeatedly spending lots of time devising it.

Lakyus tends to write on the ground in her spare time during a journey Her companions do not know what she writes] - Author thoughts Volume 5+6

Yet this is not a historical manga/LN.

This is supposed to a fantasy LN with magical beings and spells. When you see the potential of power they have in this settings and compare it to the level they have shown, it become worse than pathetic.

What holding Overlord back is author being lazy and too much interested in politics rather than fantasy world and its power.

Its premise and execution is far better than 99% of other isekai.

But the lack of feats and power always makes me think if they were to be transported to a stronger verse they would have been a laughing stock rather a feared group

I think the author is trying to stay away from the powerwank? If you ask him something related to feats he'll reply with "anything in your overlord is fine"

I am actually tempted to ask him if Yggdrasil magic still run off game mechanics, for example his special skill created death air, where the wind blows death should follow right? But it was all contained within the initial radius. [Nuclear Blast] is another thing, why the 'radiation' or whatever poisoning effect didn't leak out is a mystery. Meh, no Japanese

Barring ridiculosly overpowered Outerversal characters, any character would be weak in another stronger universe. Ainz would be weak, in, say Rimuru's world, but Rimuru would be weak in, say, Lovecraft's works.

The level of the power they have fits the story just fine, there's no reason to make them stronger aside from "featz"

Back