• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.IV

So we got the fight you wanted from overlord finally, with ainz actually being challanged atleast there's that.

edit saying that I guess we really didn't as it wasnt truely ainz...

His highest damage spell is also the spell that most consumes Mana, and he buffs himself with about... Was it like almost 20 spells? That's a lot of spells.

Yeah his mana pool is pretty damn impressive, looking at it from a gamplay design standpoint it like many things in yggdrasil is incredibly broken. As it would allow ainz to cast many spells and outlast an opponents man reserve though his nature as a support mage stops him from being truely beastly in pvp.

I mean, Ainz doesn't have a defined role. That was the whole point of his place in any of the Guild's battles, that he can do a lot, can think very well and so, they just let him do what he thought was best whether be it damage, or buffs, or something more esoteric.

iirc his role was straight up called "Other"

Which makes sense, especially when you consider his 700 spells like wtf

I don't know... Part of his value is that he has a lot on him. He would be likely dead or unable to do anything if he didn't have the combo of his roleplay class of Overlord and La Shub-Nigguruth.

Granted, hindsight bias is 20/20 but variety has worked out for him.

True saying that i was more thinking of how he'd rank in yggdrasil, he may have actually been able to beat touch me at some point if his build wasnt so varied and odd.

Considering Touch Me has armor that's on par with Guild Weapons, which rival WCI, i'm gonna say that's extremely doubtful

But... Guild Weapons have never rivalled WCI. The Staff is the only one to "nearly" reach the level and it was by the Guild with some of the most resources in the game collecting the best items they could like crazy.

I want to know how guns and rangers can exist in overlord yet archer is still a valid class? I guess itd be easier to have varied ammo as a ranger... Honestly while I would no doubt play the hell out of a real version of yggdrasil (the full nervous system jacking setup) It honestly seems so fundementally broken in many ways.

Hell ainz acknowledge there very well could have been a rune crafting system in yggdrasil that his guild never knew about. How can a game have an entire system of enchanting that the top players never knew about? Ainz mentions that there could have been several such systems as he wasn't aware of what the devs were doing after the others started to leave...

Well, CZ's gun just shoots magic bullets that can be blocked if you're strong enough iirc, Peron's bow can only be blocked by magic, so that's useful

That said, it would be cool to know what a Divine tier gun weapon can do

Except according to cocytus the gaurdians just straight up resist projectiles...How does that work anyway?

I wonder how the stats of bows and guns differ? Also what is the tech level in yggdrasil setting, I always assume mythological but cz is a literal android...And theres apparently a destinct difference between an android and a golem...

I mean, we have outright levels and stuff in New World. Murayama even mentions level modifiers lowering Cure's spell power and stuff in his profile, and a better weapon hits harder because... more Mana/Data Crystals? New World has more video game traits than normal physical laws, and when you have superhuman abilities the difference is bridged closer. Then there's possible problems in production and how many places have the know how to make them.

Perhaps, but that's mostly the Yggdrassil Devs being too crazy so nobody knows what's true or false anymore.

As for the Yggdrassil tech level, remember that CZ was made after that Valkyrie something update so those weren't originally part of the game.

A cyborg just seems like science. Perhaps it's powered by magic energy, but that doesn't change that she should have functional parts like a carefully made machine. Golems just get slapped with magic and badoom, it works!

According to Maruyama, magic items created from Wild Magic like Gazef's ring which is now in the hands of Climb could be allowed a warrior's level to rise. However, if someone such as Cocytus had it, he would go over level 100.

According to the wiki anyway

So how many scifi elements are there in yggdrasil....How did they interact with fantasy elements? Could you build a generator? Electricity or were those things rendered totally mute by magic. What about mechs?

Edit Wait so wild magic can totally ignore level caps imposed by yggdrasil? Thats pretty neat

Though I wonder what exactly did the dragon emperor do that caused players and teired magic to taint the world? Also sounds like we have some massive godlike threat for ainz to overcome, we'll probably see it in fourty years or so...

No no, he's specifically the dad of PDL which is one of the reasons the Theocracy is so fearful of him.

If I remember right it was about how Cure is second after him in level? But he might not have included the True Dragon Lords and Zesshu in that list.

And the personal theory I had, and some seem to share, is that the Emperor is trying to relieve the lack of souls in a world where the main magic system destroyed souls in their entirety.

Cure's profile should just be called "Cure Elim Los Malva", since that is what he's most often called, and it's a lot less generic than his title.

I do wonder if the emperor intended to bring such powerful entities into new world? If his goal was to alleviate the lack of souls pulling from yggdrasil is a terrible idea. The emperor isn't just pulling some mooks, he's literally pulling threats to himself and other dragon lords into the world.

If he was just after the teired magic system why is he still pulling players? Honestly I doubt he's actively doing it at this point. Why would he? What does he stand to gain by gathering beings that could be a viable threat to the world at large. Even assuming he's level one thousand it seems foolhardy to pull in something like nazerick with all its high level vassals.

Honestly I think he wanted to alleviate the depleteing souls but after he pulled the first players through he couldn't stop other aspects and players of yggdrasil appearing in new world.

Just my personal theory though. saying that even if we meet the emperor it will probably never be confirmed or denied based on the authors attitude about explaining things.

Edit I decided to do the math counting all the level one hundred npcs nazerick has 1000 cumlative levels, this not accounting for all the level eighty to nintey vassals, any of ainz undead, and the pleadies. I can't figure out a good reason for a powerful dragon lord to bring that kinda power into new world.

I mean, I doubt he's that strong, but if he was really level 1000, then Nazarick shouldn't be a threat at all. The same way that even millions of lvl 10s wouldn't really be a threat to Ainz.

True but thats only the case if there are higher teirs of magical and physical nullification, technically a billion level ones with gazef sword could theortically kill ainz if he doesn't fight back.

While level one thousand is an exageration if he cant totally nullify the attacks of ainz and the gaurdians brining them into new world is just plaine idiotic. I can't figure out a good reason for him to still be pulling players into new world... The soul issue should be resolved with the introduction of teired magic, so why bring in more threats that could do so much damage.

I guess Im wondering whats his game now? What can he possibly gain by brining ainz and his guild into new world. Its kinda why I doubt its something he's actively doing, especiall since as we saw with the evil eye side story ainz was the focus of the pull, why was the guild dragged with him? Why would the emperor allow a full guild of incredibly powerful and potent entites to enter new world?

I suppose In the end I just don't see the intellegence of brining more players into the world. It seems far to risky for no clear gain.

Edit: I suppose we don't really have enough to speculate as all we have are some translated lines from twitter and one line in the side story. Especially with how little the author enjoys explaining and his stance it doesn't matter if you understand.

Millions of level 10s could still be somewhat of a threat to Ainz if they used the mass-casting spells that the Slaine Theocracy uses to cast 7th tier spells.

We don't know how that one works though. The ritual probably needs some higher leveled people for it to work, since lvl 10s can't even use third tier.

It's not resistance negaton either. The text stes the mind control bypsees resistances because it doesn't register as mind control.

im pretty sure its just stated to negate resistance(someone should grab a qoute to be sure), no one has ever attempted to use it on a wild magic user, not even the slaine theocracy is willing to test whether or not it works. It may grant some resistances but thats still being decided in the ongoing crt.

Back