• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.IV

Yobo Blue said:
It's not resistance negaton either. The text stes the mind control bypsees resistances because it doesn't register as mind control.
Ainz voiced that denial in his heart once more. Shalltear and Ainz were both undead, which meant that they were of races that were immune to all sorts of mind-affecting effects. How had Shalltear been mind controlled, then?

I mean, it is mind control

The pen or the sword said:
im pretty sure its just stated to negate resistance(someone should grab a qoute to be sure), no one has ever attempted to use it on a wild magic user, not even the slaine theocracy is willing to test whether or not it works. It may grant some resistances but thats still being decided in the ongoing crt.
it's whole function is to mind control any single thing regardless of resistances

Unless you have a WCI yourself of ocurse

Of course the main reason it bypasses resistances is due to being a WCI

I didn't put much thought into it, and lifted most of the abilities straight from the wiki. The 7-B is there because it can bypass Shalltear's resistance.

also for the Memory Erasure

Of course, the resurrection process might be such that NPCs lost their memories of the past few days. Alternately, perhaps several people might have gathered to do it.

We don't know if the WCI caused it, or the resurrection process

Since the World Item thread is pretty much done and only needs the staff decision now, would you guys be okay with me putting up the CRT to downgrade Evileye and co.?

Wait couldn't flueder wipe out the empires entire army according to the bloody emperor. And supposdly any member of lakyus team could kill thousands of undead ...

The Empire's soldiers were individually weaker than Climb, and he could only do so if he retreated once in a while to get his mana back iirc. His flight alone makes most of their numbers useless.

Those thousands of undead were quite weak as well, so it shouldn't make any difference in this case.

The dragon casually mentioned wiping out the entirty of the qoauga species and subjegating the dwarves instead as well. The fact reamins wiping out a city wouldn't be overly challanging for a man who could challange an entire highly trained army and emerge victorious... Thats still enough undead for me to beleive they could wipe out a city,

Im not so sure how big a downgrade this would actually be based on the info we have from other sources about the powers of these individuals...

A building level character could easily wipe out a medieval army, as long as they don't get tired. That's not city-level at all.

Im not saying they are just that we should look over the qoutes, the dragon could have wiped out the qouga, and did take over a city. flueder could have taken on the empires army, evileye and her group could destroy thousands of undead with ease.

Im not saying this makes them city level but we should go over what we know these characters are capable of to get a sense of scale for what they would currently be.

InfiniteSped said:
Those, that Dragon from Volume 11, Fluder and Lakyus with her sword.
I thought the dragon mentioned destroying a city as a side effect of his fight with either his mates or other entity?

Destroying a city isn't necessarily city-level. Two building level characters could do it over time.

Also, we saw in the Bonus Volume that a "destroyed" city can be completely intact, but just unlivable. Can be the case here too.

One of Maruyama's recent tweets talks about how overworked he is, is tired of writing Overlord, and for the time being, reducing the amount of volumes from 18 to 17

Also he might be a little mad about the side story being leaked/translated

big oof

Sigh he should take a break try writing something else, or take a break from writing for a time to get his creative juices flowing but as he is doing this as a job I can understand that not being an option.

Saying that this tweet seems like something written in frustration with a lack of foresight, that along with the fact it could have been imprefectly translated leads me to feel its not worth giving much thought.

You said imperfectly translated

Not only is translated well, granted with some memes in it right now, but the fact it got leaked and translated at all means he's losing money

Or do you mean the tweet?

Which I also doubt

I meant the tweet, I don't know the full context of it and things are often lost between the japanese and english. I understand why he's frustrated (story leak, and translation) I simply meant that writing such a tweet while frustrated can lead to statements that don't come to frution.

edit, Im not saying it's not worrying, I hope he writes all eighteen volumes if he decides not to or give up on writing all together Ill be dissapointed. Saying that I empathize with his plight and would undertand him shorteing the story. Im just not going to take a single tweet overly seriously.

Back