• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OPM webcomic and manga seperation (As well as some Murata statements)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if the geryu statement has Geryu being superior to Tats, would that make it unusable, as scaling and feats wise, geryu is nowhere close to tatsumaki

So, if the geryu statement has Geryu being superior to Tats, would that make it unusable, as scaling and feats wise, geryu is nowhere close to tatsumaki
I thought the statement said that Geryuganshoop was superior to Tatsumaki in the field of friction reduction, not power or any related stat

It should but to my knowledge its just him considering Geryuganshoop to be superior to Tatsumaki due to the way he draws the characters which is just his personal view on his drawing so it alone shouldn't render rest of the statement as unusable.

I thought the statement said that Geryuganshoop was superior to Tatsumaki in the field of friction reduction, not power or any related stat
He is probably talking about this

“The pebble throwing of Geryganshoop is stronger than Tatsumaki’s.”
Well... I drew it with the thought that it is right but I don’t know whether the thought is same with ONE sensei’s official setting. Anyway I draw strong enemies powerful as far as possible when they appeared, so there is a possibility that I overstated him a bit than ONE sensei’s setting, so at the time I drew the Geryuganshoop’s pebble throwing, I made some principle to make him stronger than her."

Murata said he wanted him to be better than Tats in one specific way iirc.
Right, that's what I remember, that Geryuganshoop had the superior ability to eliminate friction completely, meaning that he could accelerate things to very fast speeds with far less energy

Ah I see. Are there any other Murata statements that can be used or should be discarded

The Boros = Garou thing should probably decided until much later on imo.

The Gery statement is also the one where Murata basically said he wasn’t the best source for these things though, right?

The Boros = Garou thing should probably decided until much later on imo.
It should stay because it directly reaffirms ONE's statement on how Boros and Garou are equal until manga contradicts it
The Gery statement is also the one where Murata basically said he wasn’t the best source for these things though, right?
He said that things he comment on are opinions in the same interview as Geryuganshoop one but not the same statement.

It should stay because it directly reaffirms ONE's statement on how Boros and Garou are equal until manga contradicts it
I am aware, It'll only be thrown once Garou does something that is completely beyond Boros, like a tier 5 feat. I highly doubt this'll happen

Q: Murata sensei, here's a question from overseas, can Geryuganshoop actually create black holes by manipulating gravity? It seems like they care about this a lot.

A: hm~, I'm not sure. Black holes seem too powerful. I won't know for sure without asking ONE. But his ability to control flying object should be above Tatsumaki, because he can eliminate the friction between rocks and air. If Tatsumaki throws rocks like he does, her output will be too powerful, the temperature increase due to friction and pressure, and evaporate the rocks in an instant. Geryuganshoop's psychokinesis can eliminate the friction between objects and air, the rocks will fly at sub-light speed*, that's the setting I based my drawing on. Tatsumaki can throw very large objects, but there's a limit to how fast she can throw them. Geryuganshoop is the greatest psychic in the universe after all. That's what I think. (he repeats this several times)

Murata: Saitama still beat him with a casual stone throw though. In Saitama's eyes rocks at sub-light speed is nothing, it's like a bad joke.

T/N: The Japanese used here is 亜光速, can mean sub-light or near lightspeed. Murata says Geryuganshoop being the greatest psychic in the universe in a joking manner.

This is the entire quote btw

I am aware, It'll only be thrown once Garou does something that is completely beyond Boros, like a tier 5 feat. I highly doubt this'll happen
Its possible that Murata might make Garou stronger than Boros like a higher High 6-A feat or a tier 5 feat if includes strength of a opponent too when he said he will make "scale of Garou vs Saitama as being higher than Saitama vs Boros".

Nothing really implies Geryu > Tatsumaki in AP, so it seems to me that it's not exactly contradictory. But I feel for the calc itself, it should 50 percent instead of 75, as when they say "Sub-Light", Sub usually means a half

Its possible that Murata might make Garou stronger than Boros like a higher High 6-A feat or a tier 5 feat if includes strength of a opponent too when he said he will make "scale of Garou vs Saitama as being higher than Saitama vs Boros".
A larger scale doesn't really imply a much larger AP feat. In fact, I doubt it'll go beyond 100 petatons, let alone an exaton, so I doubt he surpasses CSRC.

Considering it says that Japenese kanji of the statement can be translated as near light speed then 50% is low end while 75% is mid end and 90% is higher end.75% as a safe middle ground between the both ends is fine

Where does that come from? Near light speed is only for Boros. Sub-light is for Geryu. I'm pretty sure 90 is a better guess for Near-light than 75 is.

A larger scale doesn't really imply a much larger AP feat. In fact, I doubt it'll go beyond 100 petatons, let alone an exaton, so I doubt he surpasses CSRC.
I know,thats why I said "if it includes strength of a opponent too when he said he will make "scale of Garou vs Saitama as being higher than Saitama vs Boros".Its possible that it might go beyond CSRC output but I am not sure though.

Where does that come from? Near light speed is only for Boros. Sub-light is for Geryu. I'm pretty sure 90 is a better guess for Near-light than 75 is.
The quote you posted says near light speed here.75% is better middle ground for near light speed,90% is higher end.

Q: Murata sensei, here's a question from overseas, can Geryuganshoop actually create black holes by manipulating gravity? It seems like they care about this a lot.

A: hm~, I'm not sure. Black holes seem too powerful. I won't know for sure without asking ONE. But his ability to control flying object should be above Tatsumaki, because he can eliminate the friction between rocks and air. If Tatsumaki throws rocks like he does, her output will be too powerful, the temperature increase due to friction and pressure, and evaporate the rocks in an instant. Geryuganshoop's psychokinesis can eliminate the friction between objects and air, the rocks will fly at sub-light speed*, that's the setting I based my drawing on. Tatsumaki can throw very large objects, but there's a limit to how fast she can throw them. Geryuganshoop is the greatest psychic in the universe after all. That's what I think. (he repeats this several times)

Murata: Saitama still beat him with a casual stone throw though. In Saitama's eyes rocks at sub-light speed is nothing, it's like a bad joke.

T/N: The Japanese used here is 亜光速, can mean sub-light or near lightspeed. Murata says Geryuganshoop being the greatest psychic in the universe in a joking manner.

Though, considering Boros' feat actually says "Near-Lightspeed" I feel he should be 90 percent

So if 90% lightspeed used for gergyuganshoop can we upgrade this calc?
Sure we can,I dont see why 90% of light speed as a high end wasn't used in original calculation but seeing the Murata himself calling his statements as opinion which has no bearing to official setting,I am pretty sure Murata statement of Geryuganshoop wouldn't be used anymore

Sure we can,I dont see why 90% of light speed as a high end wasn't used in original calculation but seeing the Murata himself calling his statements as opinion which has no bearing to official setting,I am pretty sure Murata statement of Geryuganshoop wouldn't be used anymore
It should be a huge downgrade for Saitama speed if Murata statement of gergyuganshoop Can't be used anymore

Since most people support a case-by-case basis interpretation of Murata, we could consider the murata statements individually.

So, starting with Geryuganshoop, the biggest conversation starter recently.
I support keeping the Geryuganshoop statement as is. We could take this three ways, keeping Geryuganshoop as is, downgrading Geryuganshoop partly to "at least low 7-B+, 6-C with sub-light attack" or completely discounting Murata's statement fully downgrading Geryuganshoop to base dragon level.

Then we have the Orochi is "dragon or above" and is considerably superior to Boros's three generals, even as a group.
Support. But this is a situation where Orochi has an above-dragon level feat so we could infer this even without his statement. It's a secondary source for us here.

Evil Eye is stronger than Fubuki (shouldn't evil Eye be low 7-B then?)
I support this. Evil Eye is Murata's original character. He would know more about this than most of the other stuff he talks about.

Senior Centipede can only be harmed by a spiral incineration attack.
Neutral, No real opinion. IDK if he's qualified to make this statement, but it's plausible.

Puri Puri wrecked a monster as strong as deep sea king. Was this quote referring to Baquma or that nameless monster from the fodder monster fight that punched him in the face.
Support. Puri Puri took a slash from Nyan at this power level and regenerated, then went on to damage Psykorochi. This makes complete sense to me, although I wish more emphasis had been placed on his evolution if we're referring to the fodder monster. He did go onto destroy an established demon in Baquma, mid or high, so.

Cross Fang Dragon Slayer fist is stronger than the ... you know, the other attack.
Support. I can believe this one, they would be using their best attacks to finish Rover and Orochi reasonably.

I just noticed something btw. Flashy Flash’s AP justification says this: Stated by Darkshine to be capable of defeating Half Monster Garou, later confirmed by Garou himself to be true after their battle in his awakened state.

And his durability justification says: He was able to stand back up after taking a strike from Monster Garou, although he was holding back. But only Superalloy Darkshine was able to replicate this same feat.

These are also webcomic-exclusive feats, right?

I just noticed something btw. Flashy Flash’s AP justification says this: Stated by Darkshine to be capable of defeating Half Monster Garou, later confirmed by Garou himself to be true after their battle in his awakened state.

And his durability justification says: He was able to stand back up after taking a strike from Monster Garou, although he was holding back. But only Superalloy Darkshine was able to replicate this same feat.

These are also webcomic-exclusive feats, right?
Yes, I was just looking at Flashy Flash's page as well, these need to be removed as justification. I think Flashy Flash can stay at 7-B (he still one-shotted two dragon level threats in one attack), but we need to remove those statements. Since we've approved the separation, I think it's fine if anyone goes in and removes those statements.

So I went through the S-Class profiles and found more webcomic exclusive content, which I will be going through and removing.

• Bang: Was able to reflect all of Superalloy Darkshine's attacks in a sparring match.
  • Atomic Samurai: Darkshine stated he was one of the few heroes that would’ve defeated Half Monster Garou before he even showed off his technique. This was before Garou breaking his limiter against Darkshine.
  • Darkshine: Held his own against Bang in sparring.

So I went through the S-Class profiles and found more webcomic exclusive content, which I will be going through and removing.

• Bang: Was able to reflect all of Superalloy Darkshine's attacks in a sparring match.
  • Atomic Samurai: Darkshine stated he was one of the few heroes that would’ve defeated Half Monster Garou before he even showed off his technique. This was before Garou breaking his limiter against Darkshine.
  • Darkshine: Held his own against Bang in sparring.
Oh no, these are all quotes from Darkshine in pages 19, 20 from chapter 127. https://read1punchman.net/manga/one-punch-man-chapter-127/,

If you've removed any of these, they should be added back in since they're manga exclusive

But yes, if anyone sees some webcomic exclusive justifications, throw them in here and let us know before you remove them. This thread will help us make those aformentioned 12+ webcomic profiles in the near future by serving as a reference.

Since most people support a case-by-case basis interpretation of Murata, we could consider the murata statements individually.

So, starting with Geryuganshoop, the biggest conversation starter recently.
I support keeping the Geryuganshoop statement as is. We could take this three ways, keeping Geryuganshoop as is, downgrading Geryuganshoop partly to "at least low 7-B+, 6-C with sub-light attack" or completely discounting Murata's statement fully downgrading Geryuganshoop to base dragon level.

Then we have the Orochi is "dragon or above" and is considerably superior to Boros's three generals, even as a group.
Support. But this is a situation where Orochi has an above-dragon level feat so we could infer this even without his statement. It's a secondary source for us here.

Evil Eye is stronger than Fubuki (shouldn't evil Eye be low 7-B then?)
I support this. Evil Eye is Murata's original character. He would know more about this than most of the other stuff he talks about.

Senior Centipede can only be harmed by a spiral incineration attack.
Neutral, No real opinion. IDK if he's qualified to make this statement, but it's plausible.

Puri Puri wrecked a monster as strong as deep sea king. Was this quote referring to Baquma or that nameless monster from the fodder monster fight that punched him in the face.
Support. Puri Puri took a slash from Nyan at this power level and regenerated, then went on to damage Psykorochi. This makes complete sense to me, although I wish more emphasis had been placed on his evolution if we're referring to the fodder monster. He did go onto destroy an established demon in Baquma, mid or high, so.

Cross Fang Dragon Slayer fist is stronger than the ... you know, the other attack.
Support. I can believe this one, they would be using their best attacks to finish Rover and Orochi reasonably.
Neutral on Geryuganshoop, I agree with everything else.

I feel the geryu calc should use the 75 percent end and boros calc should use the 90 percent end, but that's just me.

Also Saitama should still be FTL via his moon jump feat. IIRC

If we do decide to keep the geryu thing, then base and second from orochi should be 6-C scaling from that. There's still the meteorite tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back