• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OPM webcomic and manga seperation (As well as some Murata statements)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emirp sumitpo

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Murata statements

Unless Murata's statements actually are based off something ONE said or his statements are backed up by ONE, such as Boros being near-lightspeed (This was stated in a ONE + Murata interview) and Boros being comparable to Garou in the manga (This one may end up being outdated but Murata states that One said that the 2 are comparable and so he will draw both like that), then they should not be used.

Murata already states himself to be not that great of a source for info, and that we should go to somewhere like a sourcebook or ONE for that matter.

Heroes

- Let's start with heroes first, as this one is easier. Sweet mask's current justification is him being 7-B is due to him being able to fight against Black Sperm in the webcomic, however, due to such a feat not appearing yet. Sweet mask should be Downgraded to "At least Low 7-B+" via being able to survive attacks from the likes of Fuhrer Ugly, plus the fact he could not fight back, and should be much higher than 8-A by virtue of being much superior to the Atomic Samurai's disciples, Do-S and the Narinki Squad.

- Bang's profile also states: One-shot Gums and a transformed Fuhrer Ugly after using Abandonment. This should be removed for the same reason as above.

- Bomb being superior to Bang should be removed as that is a statement from Murata.

Villains

- First one is easy. Garou should have his AG key removed for now, as he has yet to appear in the manga, and ONE's statement should only apply for the webcomic versions. I do think him scaling to Boros is a likely thing, as Murata states that him wanting to draw Boros and Garou as comparable because of ONE's statements. This one more or less depends if Murata forgets that statement and draws something that is much stronger than anything MB Boros has put out. Also before someone says that Garou > Boros because Garou survived more attacks from Boros, Saitama did not have the intention to kill Garou as he saw Garou as a human in a suit.

- Golden sperm should not scale to Orochi, due to the statement coming from Murata, and should be removed as he has yet to appear in the manga. Orochi should lose his "Possibly far higher" key. He should also have 3 keys, as the High 6-C feat comes purely from his third form. His first and second key, as well as any above dragon threat in general, should scale above Gouketsu's cloud feat or the Meteor, which is High 7-A. The links to this is dead however (At least for me) so it might need to be changed.

- Evil natural water should be downgraded to "At least Low 7-B+" as his feat is from the webcomic, and he should upscale from hundred eye octopus

- Fuhrer ugly should have his second key removed.

- Sonic should get his Rel+ and 7-B key removed. As well as the justification of him reacting to tatsumaki removed as well.

- Geryuganshoop should be downgraded to At least Low 7-B+, as his near-light statement comes from Murata.

Murata:

Agree:

Neutral:

Disagree: Matthew Schroeder, My_Area, Tetsucabrah, Dual Binoculars, LordTracer, Ped2018, Usklaverei, Shift_Ctrl_Alt_Delete, ZoroNotZolo

Webcomic+Manga:

Agree: Dual Binoculars, Ourosboros, ZoroNotZolo, LordTracer, Usklaverei, Shift_Ctrl_Alt_Delete, Epiccheev, Damage3245

Neutral:

Disagree: My_Area

Last edited:
Well,I dont agree with this revisions so let me start and explain why I dont agree with this.
So I will address only the points which I disagree with.
Boros being comparable to Garou in the manga (This one may end up being outdated but Murata states that One said that the 2 are comparable and so he will draw both like that), then they should not be used.
I think you mean that statement can be used for Boros and Garou being comparable since Murata and ONE stated the same thing correct?
Murata already states himself to be not that great of a source for info, and that we should go to somewhere like a sourcebook or ONE for that matter.
I dont remember him saying that he wasn't great for a source information when he just says to go ask ONE for better answers not that he isn't too good at providing information considering that he has explained Geryuganshoop feat in detail and has stated multiple time that he is talking with ONE over future of storyboards and receive ONE's storyboard directly(I can search for these statements if you want) so his statement should be taken as credible unless contradicted.

Okay now before I start addressing your points,I will explain how I see relation between manga and webcomic.

I basically take the Vs battle wiki stance on this meaning the chapters of webcomics which hasn't been covered by manga is scaled directly to manga (except obvious contradictions like for example Flashy Flash fighting Hellfire Flame and Gale wind in monster association arc in manga but never fought them in webcomic until he fights them against Sonic) while the webcomic chapters which are covered by manga aren't used if they have scenes different from manga because as we know that manga is basically Murata and ONE rewriting OPM webcomics but following major plot points of the arc while it sometimes deviate very much from webcomic(Psykos-Orochi battles with heores for example),sometimes it follows webcomic really closely(Hero vs Dragon level monsters in redraws version) hence them being not used.

Now I can see one potential counter argument to this argument:
But manga deviates severely from webcomic as shown in multiple instances so there is no guarantee that manga will folloe webcomics future chapters scene either so it should be seperated in its entirely.

While its a perfectly reasonable argument to not scale manga with webcomic due to deviation it had from webcomic,the opposite of it is also true meaning there are instances where manga follows exact scenes as it does with webcomic with minor alteration so it begs the same question.What guarantee is there that manga wouldn't follow webcomic chapters closely and faithfully like it did previously like for example S class heores vs Dragon class monsters?

Now both arguments are equally valid.So we cant just leave this issue can we? The solution to this statement is make a middle ground between manga and webcomic scaling which is the solution which I have proposed above which I will reiterate again.Have manga follow webcomics future chapters until manga reaches that point eventually and then not use them scale to them to manga anymore like previous webcomic chapters which are covered by manga isn't used to scale to manga anymore.That way we can wait and see if manga deviates from webcomic chapters or it doesn't.If it doesn't then we can apply the webcomic scaling on manga for that specific chapter if it does then we can seperate it from manga.That way both of the parties requirements are being fulfilled without either of the party being left alone and a better solution than just leaving it.

Now that in light of the above solution as I have proposed,I will respond to your comments in view of that solution given earlier.
- Let's start with heroes first, as this one is easier. Sweet mask's current justification is him being 7-B is due to him being able to fight against Black Sperm in the webcomic, however, due to such a feat not appearing yet. Sweet mask should be Downgraded to "At least Low 7-B+" via being able to survive attacks from the likes of Fuhrer Ugly, plus the fact he could not fight back, and should be much higher than 8-A by virtue of being much superior to the Atomic Samurai's disciple's,Do-S and the Narinki squad.
So since the solution proposes that future chapter of webcomic can be used to scale to manga until manga reaches there,Sweet Mask retains his 7-B rating due to fighting Black S.
Bang's profile also states: One-shot Gums and a transformed Fuhrer Ugly after using Abandonment. This should be removed for the same reason as above.
As stated earlier,this feat will also stay due to it coming fron future webcomic chapter which manga didn't cover.
Bomb being superior to Bang should be removed as that is a statement from Murata.
Since we are scaling webcomic future chapters with manga,it can stay as well.
- First one is easy. Garou should have his AG key removed for now, as he has yet to appear in the manga, and ONE's statement should only apply for the webcomic versions. I do think him scaling to Boros is a likely thing, as Murata states that him wanting to draw Boros and Garou as comparable because of ONE's statements. This one more or less depends if Murata forgets that statement and draws something that is much stronger than anything MB Boros has put out.
Due to above statement,Garou' Awakened form is going to stay as well as ONE statement and Murata would apply to him while scaling him to manga Boros statement.Him scaling to Boros for now is definitive thing becuase its supported by both ONE and Murata which backs up the statement.If Murata draws Awakened Garou as stronger than Meteoric burst Boros then the statement of Murata can be discarded due to the statement being contradicted and One statement wouldn't apply due to manga covering the chapters by this point meaning webcomic will be seperated from manga in these chapters.
Golden sperm should not scale to Orochi, due to the statement coming from Murata, and should be removed as he has yet to appear in the manga. Orochi should lose his "Possibly far higher" key.
Golden S will scale to Orochi due to Murata statement being valid by virtue of future chapters scaling to manga continuity.Why would his possibly far higher key get removed?
Evil natural water should be downgraded to "At least Low 7-B+" as his feat is from the webcomic, and he should upscale from hundred eye octopus

- Fuhrer ugly should have his second key removed.

- Sonic should get his Rel+ and 7-B key removed. As well as the justification of him reacting to tatsumaki removed as well
Same as above,webcomic future chapter feats can apply to manga so it will stay for all 3 of them.
Geryuganshoop should be downgraded to At least Low 7-B+, as his near-light statement comes from Murata
It should be used because Murata gave a entire explanation on how Geryuganshoop feat works based on the setting he created in the manga.His Relativistic+ statistics aren't contradicted either as Meteoric Burst Boros who scales far above Geryuganshoop also has Relativistic+ speed statement from the guidebook.

Well thats all for my long comment,I apologize for any inconvenience due to length of the comment.

Last edited:
This thread is about separating manga scaling from webcomic scaling, since they differ way too much. Webcomic feats don't apply to what the feats in the manga will be because of how things are portrayed vastly differently. For instance, the Collapsing Star Roar Cannon is depicted differently with one being around the level of average surface wiping (the webcomic, I believe), while the other yields far higher results, iirc.

Indeed, I don't think Murata going in-depth on his opinion if a scene is enough to justify it being canon, unless the statement is back by ONE, like the boros examples. Though the Murata statements are still debatable. Webcomic and Manga scaling a no. Same way with DB manga and anime stuff as well as OPM manga and anime

This thread is about separating manga scaling from webcomic scaling, since they differ way too much. Webcomic feats don't apply to what the feats in the manga will be because of how things are portrayed vastly differently. For instance, the Collapsing Star Roar Cannon is depicted differently with one being around the level of average surface wiping (the webcomic, I believe), while the other yields far higher results, iirc.
I have explained clearly in my comment that I have no problems with seperating webcomic scaling with manga scaling for the chapters whic manga has gone over it.Like the example you gave about Boros CSRC,the manga has already covered that portion of webcomic so it can be seperated,my problem came from seperating scaling of future webcomic chapters from manga which I have addressed in this thread.Also can you please show me the translation of Boros CSRC in webcomic being Multi Continent level,I know Qawsed translated it but I couldn't find it for the life of me,Thank you,

I have explained clearly in my comment that I have no problems with seperating webcomic scaling with manga scaling for the chapters whic manga has gone over it.Like the example you gave about Boros CSRC,the manga has already covered that portion of webcomic so it can be seperated,my problem came from seperating scaling of future webcomic chapters from manga which I have addressed in this thread.Also can you please show me the translation of Boros CSRC in webcomic being Multi Continent level,I know Qawsed translated it but I couldn't find it for the life of me,Thank you,
The feats are likely going to be different in the future. Plus, if we're separating entire pages, there's no reason for manga characters to scale to webcomic characters in any regard.

You could just search it on a website? Plus, at this point, the manga already has several different plot points than the webcomic. God already appears in the monster arc, the existence of Orochi in the manga, phoenix man has more modes are examples. They can't be the same canon at this point

Indeed, I don't think Murata going in-depth on his opinion if a scene is enough to justify it being canon, unless the statement is back by ONE, like the boros examples. Though the Murata statements are still debatable. Webcomic and Manga scaling a no. Same way with DB manga and anime stuff as well as OPM manga and anime
Sorry I dont understand the first line.Can you please elaborate on what it means.I have explained it in my comment above and to ZoroNoSolo that I only dont agree on seperating future webcomic chapters from manga.While the previous webcomic version of chapters can be seperated from manga just fine.Well in case of DB manga and anime,manga was the source material while anime was repeating the events while being different in the same time,for OPM anime its seperated because its away fron being source material than manga and webcomic is.Manga is very close to webcomic because of author of original source material ie ONE being involved in manga so its a different scenario if you ask me.

Sorry I dont understand the first line.Can you please elaborate on what it means.I have explained it in my comment above and to ZoroNoSolo that I only dont agree on seperating future webcomic chapters from manga.While the previous webcomic version of chapters can be seperated from manga just fine.Well in case of DB manga and anime,manga was the source material while anime was repeating the events while being different in the same time,for OPM anime its seperated because its away fron being source material than manga and webcomic is.Manga is very close to webcomic because of author of original source material ie ONE being involved in manga so its a different scenario if you ask me.
What do you mean by "future webcomic chapters"? The webcomic is ahead of the manga.

The feats are likely going to be different in the future. Plus, if we're separating entire pages, there's no reason for manga characters to scale to webcomic characters in any regard.
Well I addressed this argument above in my massive comment where its bolded,we dont know if its always going to be different from webcomic or not hence the proposed solution of future webcomic chapters should be used to scale to to manga chapters,only present webcomic chapters which manga has already gone over it shouldn't.The future webcomic chapters should scale to manga becuase manga is following through webcomic and as a source material its the future determined events of webcomic until it goes over it eventually.

You could just search it on a website? Plus, at this point, the manga already has several different plot points than the webcomic. God already appears in the monster arc, the existence of Orochi in the manga, phoenix man has more modes are examples. They can't be the same canon at this point
Which website? It does which I acknowledge and all you have mentioned is literally the chapters which just passed through webcomic chapters and made the events different so it shouldn't scale.My point is regarding webcomic chapters which manga didn't cover yet.
What do you mean by "future webcomic chapters"? The webcomic is ahead of the manga.
By future webcomic chapters I mean the chapters which manga didn't cover yet like Tatsumaki fight with Dragon level monsters after base crash,Golden S,Monster Garou,Physics sister arc and neo heores arc etc

By future webcomic chapters I mean the chapters which manga didn't cover yet like Tatsumaki fight with Dragon level monsters after base crash,Golden S,Monster Garou,Physics sister arc and neo heores arc etc
Some things aren't covered because they're not the same canon, while other stuff hasn't been covered because, again, the manga is behind the webcomic. Should the manga cover any of the aforementioned webcomic feats, they'll be depicted differently (normally more impressively), which means they'll yield different results and the characters won't scale to each other.

Which website? It does which I acknowledge and all you have mentioned is literally the chapters which just passed through webcomic chapters and made the events different so it shouldn't scale.My point is regarding webcomic chapters which manga didn't cover yet.
By that point, that's already merging 2 different canons together, as I've stated, there are already several plot points that contradict the webcomic, and therefore, future webcomic stuff shouldn't be used as well. They're different canons already. I don't think you can just pick future plot points from a piece of media that's already been contradicted to not be in the same timeline as another media

Some things aren't covered because they're not the same canon, while other stuff hasn't been covered because, again, the manga is behind the webcomic. Should the manga cover any of the aforementioned webcomic feats, they'll be depicted differently (normally more impressively), which means they'll yield different results and the characters won't scale to each other.
Yes I know same things aren't covered because they aren't the same canon,that doesn't matter much because as I have stated multiple time I have no problem seperating the chapters which were already covered manga since manga has demonstrated a different scale than webcomic and it can safely not scale but can we say that all of the future webcomic feats will be demonstrated more impressively than in webcomic? Not necessarily,its relying on assumptions based on how the manga has been dealing with past webcomic scaling.The events dont necessarily has to be different than in webcomic as I have explained in my first comment in this thread.

By that point, that's already merging 2 different canons together, as I've stated, there are already several plot points that contradict the webcomic, and therefore, future webcomic stuff shouldn't be used as well. They're different canons already. I don't think you can just pick future plot points from a piece of media that's already been contradicted to not be in the same timeline as another media
I mean the past plot points being contradicted by the manga doesn't mean that future plot points has to be contradicted by the webcomic either.Not every plot point of webcomic was contradicted by manga,it followed through majority of webcomic main plot points.The webcomic as being the original source material written by ONE and manga is dictated by the same author makes the situation more complex than a simple anime being away from manga source material theme so it can be discarded.Had it been like that,I would have absolutely agreed with your sentiment but that simply isn't the case here.

True, but then again, the wiki doesn't allow scaling between 2 already established seperate canons, so even if it doesn't end up contradicting, it's still unusable as it goes against the wiki's no composite policy.

heavily disagree with ignoring Muratas' statements, you guys act like he's just a random guy who creates fanfics of OPM in his spare time

True, but then again, the wiki doesn't allow scaling between 2 already established seperate canons, so even if it doesn't end up contradicting, it's still unusable as it goes against the wiki's no composite policy.
I mean,I am not sure about manga and webcomic being 2 entirely seperate canons entirely either as I have explained the situation regarding manga and webcomic is complex and different from your average manga and anime being seperate canons.But I suppose I will wait for others to give input on this thread.Though I definitely agree to not remove any cross scaling between manga and chapters of webcomics which manga has already passed through or reached.

By the way I think it would be better if you have the agree/ neutral/disagree option so that way it will be easier for you to tally votes in this CRT

I mean,I am not sure about manga and webcomic being 2 entirely seperate canons entirely either as I have explained the situation regarding manga and webcomic is complex and different from your average manga and anime being seperate canons.But I suppose I will wait for others to give input on this thread.Though I definitely agree to not remove any cross scaling between manga and chapters of webcomics which manga has already passed through or reached.
They have enough differences to be considered two separate canons, yes.

They have enough differences to be considered two separate canons, yes.
I dont agree with this statement.Enough difference for chapters which manga has crossed over and webcomic to be considered as 2 different canons? Sure but that includes all of webcomic and including supposed future chapters of manga? I don't agree with it and I explained my reasons as to why I disagree.

They are absolutely different canons.
When the newest webcomic chapter is translated, it'll prove it for sure if Suiryu doesn't know who Saitama is.

Anyways leaving that aside
If my intial comment doesn't make it clear already,I also disagree with not using Murata statements due to him having involvement with ONE during storyline and given enough creative freedom in the chapters.Its like how Toyotaro is with Toriyama in DBS manga.No reason to shun his statements aside unless it contradicts manga like Murata statement of Saitama busting Earth statement did.

They are absolutely different canons.
When the newest webcomic chapter is translated, it'll prove it for sure if Suiryu doesn't know who Saitama is.
Yes for the chapters which manga has went through but no for the future chapters which manga didn't went through.Suiryu not knowing who Saitama is exception like how Gale wind and Hellfire flame never fought Flashy Flash in monster association arc is.Like I mentioned in my first comment I made here.

Your point seems to be, "as long as the manga contradicted them yet, it should scale". That still does not work, They have enough differences to be considered non-canon to one another. You can't cross feats and scaling from 2 seperate canon as that goes against wiki rules afaik.

Your point seems to be, "as long as the manga contradicted them yet, it should scale". That still does not work, They have enough differences to be considered non-canon to one another. You can't cross feats and scaling from 2 seperate canon as that goes against wiki rules afaik.
Yes thats exactly my point.You see it doesn't appear that OPM manga and webcomic are like complete seperate canons with little to no similarities,in fact OPM manga passes through many of the webcomic major plot points or check points to be exact but now I know you might say that "But many series anime goes through manga main plot points too they still dont scale to each other".The point is because anime usually has little to no involvement of original author in them while in this case,webcomic was written entirely by ONE and he is heavily involved in OPM manga hence making them scale to a degree until manga contradicts that chapter.I mean if its seperated then both are canon but seperated in the same time? That doesn't make much sense to me.

But seeing the arguments made here for webcomic to be seperated with manga seperately does make somewhat of a sense so I guess I will wait and see how others and staff members evaluate this thread instead of arguing over every disagreements here.

Yes thats exactly my point.You see it doesn't appear that OPM manga and webcomic are like complete seperate canons with little to no similarities,in fact OPM manga passes through many of the webcomic major plot points or check points to be exact but now I know you might say that "But many series anime goes through manga main plot points too they still dont scale to each other".The point is because anime usually has little to no involvement of original author in them while in this case,webcomic was written entirely by ONE and he is heavily involved in OPM manga hence making them scale to a degree until manga contradicts that chapter.I mean if its seperated then both are canon but seperated in the same time? That doesn't make much sense to me.
Let me give you an idea of alterations between the manga and webcomic:
  • Difference in the CSRC's depiction
  • Goddess Glasses, a webcomic character, not existing in the manga
  • DO-S existing in the manga when she did not in the webcomic
  • Orochi existing in the manga when he did not in the webcomic
  • The weakness of espers, their defenses weakening when they attack, practically not existing in the manga
  • Psyrochi's existence
  • Tatsumaki's spear used against the weakened Psyrochi
  • God showing up earlier than in the webcomic
  • Blast's personality, from the brief flashbacks we have of him, being different in the manga than they are in the webcomic
With manga where the anime is used for scaling, no real massive story-altering differences occur to the point where scaling would be disrupted. The absence of entire characters from one source, different feats and showings, as well as different mechanics for espers, are all more than enough to treat the manga and webcomic like two separate canons.

Let me give you an idea of alterations between the manga and webcomic:
  • Difference in the CSRC's depiction
  • Goddess Glasses, a webcomic character, not existing in the manga
  • DO-S existing in the manga when she did not in the webcomic
  • Orochi existing in the manga when he did not in the webcomic
  • The weakness of espers, their defenses weakening when they attack, practically not existing in the manga
  • Psyrochi's existence
  • Tatsumaki's spear used against the weakened Psyrochi
  • God showing up earlier than in the webcomic
  • Blast's personality, from the brief flashbacks we have of him, being different in the manga than they are in the webcomic
With manga where the anime is used for scaling, no real massive story-altering differences occur to the point where scaling would be disrupted. The absence of entire characters from one source, different feats and showings, as well as different mechanics for espers, are all more than enough to treat the manga and webcomic like two separate canons.
Thanks for listing out major difference between OPM manga and webcomic but I am already aware of it,I know where manga has been diverging from webcomic.

Well I knew someone was going to use that point so I am just going to say this again,the case with anime and manga is different.Anime has little involvement with ONE(He was present when anime was being created but he let anime staff do what they wanted to do) but however in this case manga is heavily supervised by ONE(He wrote the scriptboards for manga) and webcomic(Which is entirely written by him) so the case is different here and cross scaling between them can be complicated,hence I was fine with disregarding scaling chapters of manga which has already passed through webcomic but not chapters which manga didn't pass through until manga actually passes through them and events or scaling is different.However if it isn't enough to not be considered entirely seperate canon from OPM manga in this wiki then guess I wont say much about it.

Well there you go,my opinions regarding this matter in this thread.Now I wont argue too much back and forth as it might be pointless if it turned out to be insufficient enough to not seperate both of the series in its entirely due to wiki standards so guess I will leave it at that until further opinions on this thread.

Last edited:
Not to derail but I wanted to comment on these 2 points

Difference in the CSRC's depiction
The difference between manga and webcomic isn't much at all when it comes purely to depiction of CSRC
God showing up earlier than in the webcomic
When did god show up earlier than in webcomic? Pretty sure it made the first appearance at that time when Homeless Emperor refers to his back story which is same time as god made its first appearance in webcomic.If you mean full appearance of god then yes it made earlier appearence when Saitama.Flashy Flash,Monika saw god sitting from hole of the box in manga while it appears in full body for the first time when it sucks Homeless Emperor power and kills him.

By the way I think it would be better if you have the agree/ neutral/disagree option so that way it will be easier for you to tally votes in this CRT
By the way,I appreciate if you do this Emirp sumitpo.

If you mean full appearance of god then yes it made earlier appearence when Saitama.Flashy Flash,Monika saw god sitting from hole of the box in manga while it appears in full body for the first time when it sucks Homeless Emperor power and kills him.
That's exactly what I was referring to.

I disagree with discounting the Murata statements but agree with the separation changes.

I would also suggest an addition, based on what Tetsucabrah said earlier: Should Fubuki's Monster Association Key be changed if we scrap the webcomic + manga scaling? She was originally raised to Low 7-B for this webcomic feat: https://vsbattles.com/threads/fubuki-psychic-power-ap.56283/, although that's oddly not included in her current AP description.

If the manga isn't going to scale to webcomic anymore then yes Fubuki feat in webcomic should be disregarded as thats the feat which is performed in webcomic only as of now.

The difference between manga and webcomic isn't much at all when it comes purely to depiction of CSRC
The webcomic depicts an explosion while the manga shows melting. The webcomic is 183 petatons while the mange 1 to 13 exatons.

I think the Murata statements can be debated about keeping or not. There were some people opposing it, such as matt, who I'm waiting input from staff on this.

Fubuki should be Low 7-B+ via downscaling from rover, as well as maybe even 7-A+ if we decide to scale the Cadres to Gouketsu

The webcomic depicts an explosion while the manga shows melting. The webcomic is 183 petatons while the mange 1 to 13 exatons.

I think the Murata statements can be debated about keeping or not. There were some people opposing it, such as matt, who I'm waiting input from staff on this.

Fubuki should be Low 7-B+ via downscaling from rover, as well as maybe even 7-A+ if we decide to scale the Cadres to Gouketsu
Oh you mean the explosion afterwards from CSRC? By the way where does 1 to 13 exatons comes from exactly?

Sure,we can wait for other people input but multiple members including me disagreed on removing Murata's statement

Downscaling from Rover looks weird,its not like she was comparable to Rover at the slightest except the barrier she created thats the best which scales to Rover's blast at best.Dont think there is any demonstrated for cadres like Rover to scale to Gouketsu.

If the manga isn't going to scale to webcomic anymore then yes Fubuki feat in webcomic should be disregarded as thats the feat which is performed in webcomic only as of now.
Right, I should be clearer. My question is: do we change her key now that we will no longer apply the earthquake feat? I'm not sure because the feat isn't even mentioned despite being the original justification for the rating. It's a weird dynamic.

I would also like to contextualize these changes. We decided to do this CRT right now because the moon jump and CSRC are being recalced and Boros's/Garou's keys have been called into question. There have been objections to scaling Boros and Garou to the moon jump now that it's come up again, so the natural alternative was to upscale AG from Psykorochi. That ignited an intense debate about webcomic/manga scaling and since a separation has been on the tables ever since the Monster Association arc started to deviate with the Psykorochi fight.

I don't know if that changes your mind, but basically we need to sort out the timelines if we want to have coherent ratings for the likes of Boros and Garou now that the moon jump hits differently.

By the way where does 1 to 13 exatons comes from exactly?
Melting the surface of the earth, rather than an explosion. Because Boros' attacks seem to depict melting, CSRC is presumably the same.
I would also like to contextualize these changes. We decided to do this CRT right now because the moon jump and CSRC are being recalced and Boros's/Garou's keys have been called into question. There have been objections to scaling Boros and Garou to the moon jump now that it's come up again, so the natural alternative was to upscale AG from Psykorochi. That ignited an intense debate about webcomic/manga scaling and since a separation has been on the tables ever since the Monster Association arc started to deviate with the Psykorochi fight.

I don't know if that changes your mind, but basically we need to sort out the timelines if we want to have coherent ratings for the likes of Boros and Garou now that the moon jump hits differently.
I kinda want to do the whole Boros and Garou CRT when AG comes out, but considering he'll likely appeart in a few months, which is quite long, his key should be removed for now.

I don't mind Garou upscaling from psykorochi, but if Garou displays a feat that surpasses anything Boros has ever done, such as a tier 5 feat, then scaling to Garou is an absolute no.
I don't think we should be so absolute one way or another with Murata's statements, they can be a useful secondary source, but they shouldn't be the primary source of any feat.
Noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.